Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy International Women's Day! I celebrated by allowing MrsBlue to sleep in while I shoveled snow. I would have left it for later, but the contractors were due bright and early, and I needed to clear a path for them. It seems like we got somewhere near the promised foot of snow, but it was all compacted down into a few inches that was quite heavy. But it came up well, and I managed to survive the experience with my back intact and my heart still ticking, so I'm making a note here, huge success.

Successful Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: Air Wars 2.
Links: The dangerous social cycle that makes us buy things we don't need. Thanks Digg.
This Professor Has Documented 2,000 Soda Machines in Video Games.
Stories: McDonald's- Backlash to International Women's Day Arches Stunt.
A Phrase For Our Time: Merriam-Webster Adds 'Dumpster Fire' To Dictionary.
Florida wants to spring forward into permanent Daylight Saving Time.
Science: Jupiter's winds run deep into the planet.
Science in a bottle- 132-year-old experiment washed ashore in Australia.
As thousands of cheerleaders exposed, what to know about the mumps.
Media: OVERWATCH: Mega Dorito Battle.
Bird: 1 Cat: 0.
Blinded by the light.
Follow-up: Study: Bones found on Pacific island in 1940 are likely Amelia Earhart's.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2018, 22:55 Mr. Tact

Hey Blue, at least your home repairs and renovations aren't being handled by the current presidential administration...

Zinke spends $138k three sets of double doors in his office

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2018, 18:50 Bodolza

Cutter wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 15:00:
Hardly. More legitimate question, how do you function with only half a brain?

Ad hominem attacks? Really? I've never once personally insulted you, but this is how I'm treated back? Welcome to my (very short) ignore list.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2018, 15:58 RedEye9

Cutter wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 15:00:
Bodolza wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 13:50:
Cutter, how do you move around with all the straw men you surround yourself with?

Even with half a brain tied behind his back Bodolza would still out perform the cannuck.

There's a fool-proof way to tell if something a conservative/right-wing/Republican said is true or not. If they call it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.needtoimpeach.com/
http://projects.thestar.com/donald-trump-fact-check/

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2018, 15:18 Hoop

My love my love my love my love
You love my lady mumps
My mumps my mumps my mumps
My mumps they got you

Um .. Behind you...

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2018, 15:12 Mr. Tact

Mumps wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 12:03:
Wow, that shot of the cyclone surrounded by the other cyclones on Jupiter is amazing. I'd love to see that live.
Yeah, there have been a lot of interesting discoveries about other planets in our solar system in the last couple of years. They'll be studying the information collected by Horizon on Pluto for years to come from what I understand.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2018, 15:00 Cutter

Bodolza wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 13:50:
Cutter, how do you move around with all the straw men you surround yourself with?

Vicky Valentine: I'm sorry, Lisa, but giving everyone an equal part when they're clearly not equal is called what again, class?

Class: Communism.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2018, 13:50 Bodolza

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2018, 12:03 Cutter

Why isn't she shoveling it? Seeing as chicks are so equal and everything. Only women I see shoveling snow around here are the ones without a man and that isn't often. They usually just pay for a snow service removal...performed by men. Same for mowing lawns, yardwork, etc. I keep hearing about "equality" but I so rarely actually see it in action when it comes to the female of the species doing the work that men usually do. Yet I do continually hear nagging how men never seem to do any work. It's so very odd, isn't it? It's almost like it's just another liberal myth that women do all the work while men apparently just sit around all day drinking and scratching their sacks.

I love when that corporate bullshit marketing backfires like that. You'd think they'd have learned by now to just leave that sort of shit alone. Especially for a company that exists solely by exploiting workers and consumers.

Savvy marketers often bundle complementary products together and make us offers so compelling we cannot refuse them.

Can't? How strange I regularly refuse them all the time. I have no debt. I'm buying a new car this year - cash - after 10 years of saving. I could get myself a nice luxury car if I wanted to go into debt, but I don't. No one is forced to buy things they don't need. If you're a slave to your desires than that's your problem to deal with.

Good to see that Professor making good use of his time. Wry

Dumpster Fire: (noun, US informal): See McDonalds advertising.

Good to see Florida doing something right for once. Wish the rest of us would follow suit.

Wow, that shot of the cyclone surrounded by the other cyclones on Jupiter is amazing. I'd love to see that live.

Cool they found that message in a bottle. I wonder if they celebrated by listening to The Police afterward.

Mumps. Always loved that word. It'd be a cool nickname. 'Yo Mumps, s'up brah?'

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo