Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Samsung's Mar 8, 2018, 12:37 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 10:35:
Dev wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 09:54:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 18:30:
No price indicated in the article, I'm going to guess $30k.
Actually it is

"There are only 11 of them, costing roughly $400,000 each"
Err.. color me confused. When I follow the link I see a two paragraph article which doesn't contain that sentence. Confused

You were referring to the TV, he was referring to the bricklayer (I think he was making a joke )

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Samsung's Mar 8, 2018, 12:33 Orogogus

Blue wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 11:12:
Actually it is

Err.. color me confused. When I follow the link I see a two paragraph article which doesn't contain that sentence. Confused

I concur. This is what I see there about pricing:

While the electronics titan didn't release a price, it'll likely be significant, so start saving now.

$400K is the bricklayer robot, not the TV.

10. Re: Samsung's Mar 8, 2018, 11:12  Blue 

Actually it is

I concur. This is what I see there about pricing:

While the electronics titan didn't release a price, it'll likely be significant, so start saving now.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

9. Re: Samsung's Mar 8, 2018, 10:35 Mr. Tact

Actually it is

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

8. Re: Samsung's Mar 8, 2018, 09:54 Dev

Actually it is

7. Re: Next big Windows update will bring hardware-accelerated machine learning. Mar 8, 2018, 08:31 Beamer

Your phone does this. Don't know about you, but your phone likely has far more incriminating photos, since, y'know, it's probably the camera you use to take those photos.

This is bringing feature parity to desktop PCs. Where it belongs. If I can open Google Photos and type "duck" and have it return every image of a duck on my phone, or "Alexandra" and have it return every image of her on my phone, why shouldn't that be built into Windows, too?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

6. Re: Next big Windows update will bring hardware-accelerated machine learning. Mar 8, 2018, 07:23 toadeater

There will be an actual AI spy inside your Windows 10 PC looking through your files and storing the information for future recovery even if you're disconnected from the internet.  

5. Re: Next big Windows update will bring hardware-accelerated machine learning. Mar 8, 2018, 01:57 DangerDog

So microsoft wants to use your GPU/CPU to process pictures and videos on your computer, and all that data is going to get sucked up like a vacuum cleaner on steroids.

It might be as simple as killing a background process to turn it off but eventually they'll bury it so deep in the OS you can't.

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 8, 2018, 01:12 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 21:47:
The future is grim.

It is certainly going to be a challenge. I think most of us here will be dead/retired before it gets too bad. It's our kids that we need worry about.

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 7, 2018, 21:47 Cutter

“The machines will never replace the human,” Mr. Buczkiewicz said. “They will help down the road and they will make it that we won’t need as many workers, but given the shortages we’re seeing now, that’s probably a good thing.”

But he added, “There’s a human element to a craft that you don’t get from a robot.”

Famous last words. This type of denial falls perfectly into line with that other earlier article today how 91% of people believe AI/Robotics will replace other peoples jobs but not theirs. The future is grim.

"They call me a chauvinist pig. I am . . . and I don't give a damn!" - Steve McQueen

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 7, 2018, 20:15 jdreyer

It's only a matter of time before bricklayers are replaced by robots. As for pipe layers, let's hope that day never comes.  

1. Re: Samsung's "The Wall" Mar 7, 2018, 18:30 Mr. Tact

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo