Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Rocket Jockey Announced

Burn Ward Games announces Rocket Jockey, an Unreal Engine 4 remake of the 1996 action game of the same name that's coming to Windows and consoles, though no release dates are set at this time. This is a ground-up project involving none of the assets or developers from the original game, though they express a determination to capture its flavor. This website has details and this teaser trailer offers a look at pre-alpha gameplay footage. Here's word:

A reimagining of one of the most overlooked games from the 90’s, Rocket Jockey brings back all of the chaos, surf guitar, and humor of Rocket Science Game's original 1996 cult classic. Fly on top of modern jet engines with classic car chassis at break-neck speeds. Use your left and right grappling hooks to swing around pillars and grab other players off of their rockets. Drag, fling, clothesline, slam and string up your friends.

A team-based vehicle sport that plays like a cross between “Rocket League” and “Smash Bros”

• Online multiplayer w/ Split screen support
  • Soundtrack of 5 indie surf guitar bands along with legendary surf guitarist Dick Dale
  • Ride on walls and ceilings using simulated downforce
  • Customizable rockets
  • Violent but no blood/gore
  • 3 game modes (names are not final)
    • Jockey Toss – Like Soccer, but the players are the ball. More damage makes you worth more points.
    • Deathmatch – Last one standing
    • Racing – Racing with grappling hooks

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Rocket Jockey Announced Mar 8, 2018, 23:16 jdreyer

Rigs wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 15:40:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 01:34:
Rigs wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 20:44:
Hmmm, 'Rocket Jockey' logo reminds me of 'Wood Rocket' logo. Not going to explain how I know that... *ahem*...

I'll just leave this here.

Little Feat is one of the most underrated bands ever.

Your link set me off on a three hour exploration last night of Pat Metheny music through the years...don't ask me how, just one of those Youtube mysteries, like when you end up on that side of YT again. Somethin' about their music reminded me of Pat's early stuff, of which I'm a HUGE fan of. I have all his cd's yet I've never seen him play LIVE until last night...and, wow! That man can shred jazz guitar with the best of them! Slash, eat your freakin' heart out!

What I meaning to say, jd, is thank you for the link.

=-Rigs-=

I had a Pat CD back in the day. Good stuff.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Rocket Jockey Announced Mar 8, 2018, 15:40 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 01:34:
Hmmm, 'Rocket Jockey' logo reminds me of 'Wood Rocket' logo. Not going to explain how I know that... *ahem*...

Your link set me off on a three hour exploration last night of Pat Metheny music through the years...don't ask me how, just one of those Youtube mysteries, like when you end up on that side of YT again. Somethin' about their music reminded me of Pat's early stuff, of which I'm a HUGE fan of. I have all his cd's yet I've never seen him play LIVE until last night...and, wow! That man can shred jazz guitar with the best of them! Slash, eat your freakin' heart out!

What I'm meaning to say, jd, is thank you for the link.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 2018, 00:43.

8. Re: Rocket Jockey Announced Mar 8, 2018, 01:34 jdreyer

=-Rigs-=

7. Re: Rocket Jockey Announced Mar 7, 2018, 20:44 Rigs

Hmmm, 'Rocket Jockey' logo reminds me of the 'Wood Rocket' logo. Not going to explain how I know that... *ahem*...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Mar 8, 2018, 02:40.

6. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Mar 7, 2018, 16:32 jdreyer

Bumpy wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 13:22:
Ick. Seems like such a waste and easy way out doing cell shaded graphics with the Unreal 4 engine.

Huh. I thought the cell shading was pretty cool.

Game looks pretty good, and I'm always looking for split screen games to play with the kids.

5. Re: etc. Mar 7, 2018, 15:25 deqer

K, I clicked on this not knowing what to expect. I actually found great humor in this and felt my time was not wasted in watching the teaser.

4. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Mar 7, 2018, 13:22 Bumpy

Ick. Seems like such a waste and easy way out doing cell shaded graphics with the Unreal 4 engine.  

3. Re: Rocket Jockey Announced Mar 7, 2018, 13:22 MrGrosser

Bonertown... population, ME  

2. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Mar 7, 2018, 12:53 Bitterbug

Yeah, it was really cool in concept, but I didn't get it at the time for some bugginess. Might have been the netcode.

Could be really fun done right today

1. Re: Rocket Jockey Announced Mar 7, 2018, 11:11 HoSpanky

Holy shit holy shit holy shit

The original game was a RIOT at lans, even tho the net code was a bit broken. This looks to have the same feel, with a much more varied landscape. SO in. For once I actually hope they release it in Early Access, I want it that badly.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo