Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Released

FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION is now available on Steam, offering PC gamers the latest installment in the RPG series. This post covers the news, which includes the launch of Steam Workshop support, and while the mod tools are not yet available, Square Enix says they are readying them for a release "as soon as possible." They explain how this sort of mod support is unfamiliar territory for them. They also remind everyone that buying the game before May 1st will get a free Half-Life Pack that includes an HEV suit, nerd glasses, and, of course, a crowbar. Here's word on the game:

Get ready to be at the centre of the ultimate fantasy adventure, now for Windows PC.

Joined by your closest friends on the roadtrip of a lifetime through a breathtaking open world, witness stunning landscapes and encounter larger-than-life beasts on your journey to reclaim your homeland from an unimaginable foe.

In an action-packed battle system, channel the power of your ancestors to warp effortlessly through the air in thrilling combat, and together with your comrades, master the skills of weaponry, magic and team-based attacks.

Now realised with the power of cutting-edge technology for Windows PCs, including support for high-resolution displays and HDR10, the beautiful and carefully-crafted experience of FINAL FANTASY XV can be explored like never before.

KEY FEATURES:
Includes all of the exciting content released as part of continuous game updates (Chapter 13 alternate route, off-road Regalia customisation, character swap feature and more!). And comes with all of content released in the Season Pass - Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades, and Episode Ignis

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Released Mar 7, 2018, 08:41 eRe4s3r

MacLeod wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 08:23:
Finished downloading the high res texture pack late last night. Can't wait to get back into the game again.

I'm still trying to figure out what the NVidia VXAO high quality ambient occlusion thing does other than drop my fps by about 9 frames. After toggling it on and off around different areas of the gas station, I saw one pipes shadowing go darker when I had normal AO turned completely off (no other differences), but no differences at all if I already had the normal AO option set to high.

VXAO is completely separate AO to normal post AO, and it only works within interior areas and specific cutscenes and specific scenes made for it in particular..... If you want 9fps in exchange for slightly less dark edges in interior and rare scenes you should leave it off I could honestly barely tell a difference, but the way it works is such that if the scene is color mapped with HDR maps you might actually entirely miss it. (ie, nearly every normal interior/open area won't have VXAO support or it would be extremely small effect)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Released Mar 7, 2018, 08:23 MacLeod

Finished downloading the high res texture pack late last night. Can't wait to get back into the game again.

I'm still trying to figure out what the NVidia VXAO high quality ambient occlusion thing does other than drop my fps by about 9 frames. After toggling it on and off around different areas of the gas station, I saw one pipes shadowing go darker when I had normal AO turned completely off (no other differences), but no differences at all if I already had the normal AO option set to high.

12. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Released Mar 7, 2018, 08:00 Quinn

beigemore wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 07:18:
Luke wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 05:24:
necrosis wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 21:51:
Only game to actually use all ov my Titan X's 12GB of memory.

So why did ya buy that card in the first place

I take it you're a minimum/recommended requirements kind of guy?

Did his point really fly over your head?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

11. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Released Mar 7, 2018, 07:23 eRe4s3r

beigemore wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 07:18:

Maybe he just wants to spend money on other things, like more games, women, drugs, cars, vacations?

10. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Released Mar 7, 2018, 07:18 beigemore

9. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Released Mar 7, 2018, 05:24 Luke

8. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Released Mar 7, 2018, 04:08 eRe4s3r

MattyC wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 03:38:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 01:18:
Not to even speak of the 4k pack.

I imagine 4k packs will be giving most of us (in the US anyway) flashbacks to the late 90s for some time to come

As a German the flashback is perpetual ^^ It's however my own fault, I should have checked this before moving here but when I moved here the city proudly proclaimed that THIS street would get 100mbit, well yeah, it did, 100mbit with throttling for a MONTH if you exceed 60gb usage in a single day.

Downloading on my slow 6mbit DSL line may be slow, but at least it's consistent. And I only use the other line for uploads and business things.... darn, it's really a hard flashback to ISDN days...

Funfact: 6mbit line, 1 day (funny how that nearly perfectly works out, it's a bit short of 60, 58 or something) = so the 100mbit line literally is out-competed by my slow ass DSL line ;/

Especially as I couldn't download the 4K patch afterwards as I would be throttled for downloads (not for web) to modem speed (10kb/s) for 23 days

7. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Released Mar 7, 2018, 03:38 MattyC

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 01:18:
Not to even speak of the 4k pack.

I imagine 4k packs will be giving most of us (in the US anyway) flashbacks to the late 90s for some time to come

6. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Released Mar 7, 2018, 01:18 eRe4s3r

Got it for 34 which is around what I would pay for console ports. Sadly I am also still downloading it Not to even speak of the 4k pack.  

5. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Released Mar 6, 2018, 21:51 necrosis

4. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Released Mar 6, 2018, 21:33 Pepe

Do they also have a free pack to make the game any good? played it on PS4, waste of money that was.

The game does look decent, much better then persona 5 which I'm currently playing, but is not even half as much fun gameplay wise.

3. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Released Mar 6, 2018, 20:00 xXStellarDadXx

Also has a 4k free dlc texture pack if ya wanna make it all nice and crispy kewl looking....  

2. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Released Mar 6, 2018, 18:12 Placid

I got the steam version from gmg for 39.
I feel its a pretty good deal considering it includes all the expansions the ps4 has had so far.

1. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Released Mar 6, 2018, 17:35 Leper

The demo ran pretty well on my ageing PC (not with maxed out settings obviously) and it seemed like decent game. I'll probably pick this up when it hits $30.  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo