Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Super Seducer - How to Talk to Girls

Super Seducer - How to Talk to Girls is now available on Steam, offering a Windows and macOS FMV game where "world-renowned dating coach" Richard La Ruina will impart the techniques that helped transform him from "a self-confessed shy virgin" into "Europe’s top pick up artist in 2009." One might be tempted to say this is tone deaf in light of the current focus on the #MeToo and #TimesUp movements, but it seems fair to think this was tone deaf before that, and the marketing suggests they don't mind if this ruffles a few feathers. A release trailer from a few weeks ago introduces La Ruina, who is incredibly handsome and described by Piers Morgan on TV as a "dick," which probably helps understand his success and why it can't be taught (our favorite aspect of the Steam listing is the user-defined tag calling it "psychological horror"). Here's part of the announcement that talks about this as a serious learning tool:

Discover what it takes to charm Super Seducer’s cast of a dozen elegant women, who bring their own personalities and dating experiences to each of the game’s ten unique settings, for added authenticity and hilarious improvisational moments that run the gamut from adorable, laugh-out funny to downright cringe-worthy. Branching dialogue-driven action options allow players to learn and experience proper seduction tactics with instant feedback. Players that make the wrong move in their flirtatious conquests face a variety of awkward and over-the-top negative outcomes inspired by unsuccessful “strategies” observed in the real world by Richard La Ruina and his team of female consultants.

“Super Seducer is not only an incredibly amusing game, it’s a fantastic learning tool based on realistic human sexual psychology and real-world dating rituals that reward players for making better choices when approaching women and punishes them for making a mistake or acting inappropriately,” said Richard La Ruina. “The team of women that consulted on the project, including the game’s strong female cast, believe that Super Seducer educates men on the do’s and don’ts of seduction, making men much less likely to offend women after they’ve played the game. My time-tested, research-backed techniques are sure to help anyone meet the partner of their dreams!”

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Super Seducer - How to Talk to Girls Mar 8, 2018, 09:38 SpectralMeat

Prez wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 10:09:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 20:17:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 18:43:
Would make for a great gag gift, other than that...
The new Snuggle Truck?

Whoa - great idea! Can't wait for Xmas this year - Santa Prez might have to make a triumphant return!
Oh dear

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Super Seducer - How to Talk to Girls Mar 7, 2018, 15:44 RedEye9

Flatline wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 12:07:
Red886 wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 23:52:
i don't get how single #metoo activists will ever get a bf, unless they consider the only way for courtship and pickups is when the female initiates it.

Um... #MeToo was about rape and molestation and sexual harassment. It wasn't like radfem it was showing how widespread that kind of crap is.
You're responding to an angry incel, I doubt he'll understand what you mean.

There's a fool-proof way to tell if something a conservative/right-wing/Republican said is true or not. If they call it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.needtoimpeach.com/
http://projects.thestar.com/donald-trump-fact-check/

15. Re: Super Seducer - How to Talk to Girls Mar 7, 2018, 12:07 Flatline

i don't get how single #metoo activists will ever get a bf, unless they consider the only way for courtship and pickups is when the female initiates it.

#metoomens

Um... #MeToo was about rape and molestation and sexual harassment. It wasn't like radfem it was showing how widespread that kind of crap is.

14. Re: Super Seducer - How to Talk to Girls Mar 7, 2018, 10:09 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 20:17:
The new Snuggle Truck?

Whoa - great idea! Can't wait for Xmas this year - Santa Prez might have to make a triumphant return!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

13. Re: Super Seducer - How to Talk to Girls Mar 7, 2018, 09:03 yonder

bigspender wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 00:17:

#metoomens

Um no, you just have to learn how to pick up women without sexually harassing them, verbally or physically. Why is that such a hard concept for people to understand?

All you have to do is read his post history and you'll realize two things:

1) He won't learn, in large part because he has no interest.
2) Women are better off if he continues to overtly signal his character. We all are.

https://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=userinfo&user=58299

12. Re: Super Seducer - How to Talk to Girls Mar 7, 2018, 08:37 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 07:20:
But there are tons of ways to talk to women, and to flirt, without crossing those lines. Being told there are lines you can cross isn't being told to sit with your hands under your butt waiting for some woman to talk to you.

If all you search is love, rescuing a puppy seems the better idea.

11. Re: Super Seducer - How to Talk to Girls Mar 7, 2018, 07:20 Beamer

jdreyer wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 01:27:

#metoomens

Just go ask some woman if you can "squeeze her tits." She'll fall all over you.

#trueadvice #alwaysworks

That is literally the thumbnail, haha.
But seriously, does that red guy think this pick-up artist stuff works? Or that women don't like men talking to them?

I never get this black-and-white response so many men seem to have to sexual harassment. Talking to women isn't sexual harassment. Persistently talking when you're told they're not interested is at least a form of harassment, and being very sexual when talking to women who don't want it is sexual harassment. Trying to flirt with women in the workplace while in a meeting discussing a powerpoint deck is also not a smart idea.

But there are tons of ways to talk to women, and to flirt, without crossing those lines. Being told there are lines you can cross isn't being told to sit with your hands under your butt waiting for some woman to talk to you.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

10. Re: Super Seducer - How to Talk to Girls Mar 7, 2018, 01:27 jdreyer

#metoomens

Just go ask some woman if you can "squeeze her tits." She'll fall all over you.

#trueadvice #alwaysworks

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

9. Re: Super Seducer - How to Talk to Girls Mar 7, 2018, 00:17 bigspender

#metoomens

Um no, you just have to learn how to pick up women without sexually harassing them, verbally or physically. Why is that such a hard concept for people to understand?

8. Re: Super Seducer - How to Talk to Girls Mar 6, 2018, 23:52 Red886

#metoomens

7. Re: Super Seducer - How to Talk to Girls Mar 6, 2018, 22:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah, Steam. I remember when you used to atleast pretend to attempt to keep shit 'games' off your service.

6. Re: Super Seducer - How to Talk to Girls Mar 6, 2018, 22:36 Cutter

I may not be Fred Flinstone, baby, but I damn sure can make your bed rock!

Hi-o!

"If earth is 4 billion years old and you have co-existed with David Bowie, listening to his songs , you can consider yourself a lottery jackpot winner."

5. Re: Super Seducer - How to Talk to Girls Mar 6, 2018, 20:17 jdreyer

The new Snuggle Truck?

4. Re: Super Seducer - How to Talk to Girls Mar 6, 2018, 18:43 Mr. Tact

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

3. Re: Super Seducer - How to Talk to Girls Mar 6, 2018, 18:36 SlimRam

There better be an option to just pay for them up front, that's the only way I've ever been able to pick up women.

Including my wife.

2. Re: Super Seducer - How to Talk to Girls Mar 6, 2018, 17:15 Sepharo

Dunkey made a video about this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS6R2Q7eRdg

1. Re: Super Seducer - How to Talk to Girls Mar 6, 2018, 17:14 jdreyer

Yeah, there's probably a way to do something like this and make it fun and clever, but this doesn't look like it. On the other hand, at least the bozos that watch this will avoid using phrases like "I like big boobs" and "You better suck good dick." At least he's trying to get guys to avoid the most offensive pickup lines.  

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo