Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

White House Games Meeting Thursday

The ESA will attend a meeting at the White House on Thursday, so there will be at least one attendee at the summit the President called for last week to see how much of the gun violence in the U.S. can be blamed on video games. There were no invitations sent out before the meeting was mentioned, but now Business Insider reports the Entertainment Software Association says they will meet with Trump administration officials, though no other attendees have been named. Here's what the ESA says about the meeting: "The upcoming meeting at the White House, which ESA will attend, will provide the opportunity to have a fact-based conversation about video game ratings, our industry's commitment to parents, and the tools we provide to make informed entertainment choices." On a related note, Vox discusses the backlash to efforts to blame violence on video games, noting the outrage of GamerGate movement, a group that claims some of Trump's earliest supporters.

View
53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

13. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 12:58 The Pyro

Gun lobby desperately searches for a scapegoat that is not guns.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 12:46 Prez

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 11:30:
ForgedReality wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 11:06:
Are you suggesting he's really not conservative? Considering the amount of time he spends hoping and praying and referencing the Jesus-lie every chance he gets, I find it difficult to accept that he's not conservative. It nauseates me whenever someone mentions "god" in a sincere manner, especially someone in politics--in which case, I'm also extremely worried.
Trump doesn't have any kind of defined political position/policy/party/whatever. He is for whatever "sounds good" to him at any particular moment, or whatever the most recent person he doesn't dislike told him. A perfect example is his recent outburst about seizing guns without due process. Does he really want to seize guns without due process? No. But people were paying attention to someone else, not to him. He needed to fix that. It is pointless to attempt to label him politically. As he has indicated, there is no party, all that matters is him.

Basically this. Trump ran on a conservative platform because despite what people think about his intelligence he is shrewd enough to figure out that was the path to the Presidency. As a New Yorker I'm familiar with his past life, at least his time in the public eye, which for older New Yorkers is a considerable lengrh of time. He has always played whatever side of the field that would get him what he wants, whatever that may have been at the time. I remember a time when conservatives routinely lambasted him for being too liberal.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 12:37 Beamer

WaltC wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 12:24:
Trump's merely trying to placate the (D)s in Congress who want to find scapegoats for *everything* (pandering for votes) instead of solving problems. (Finding people to blame, insult, and exploit politically is the only thing (D)s do anymore.) I really wish he'd stop trying to massage those crazies. Fixing the FBI atm moment is the most important thing his administration can do, imo. Fixing the complete disconnect between federal background checks and local law-enforcement records should be a #1 priority!

You're fun. Any time Trump does something you agree with, he's a genius. Any time he does something you don't, he's placating. You conveniently always find what he does to be great.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

10. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 12:24 WaltC

Trump's merely trying to placate the (D)s in Congress who want to find scapegoats for *everything* (pandering for votes) instead of solving problems. (Finding people to blame, insult, and exploit politically is the only thing (D)s do anymore.) I really wish he'd stop trying to massage those crazies. Fixing the FBI atm moment is the most important thing his administration can do, imo. Fixing the complete disconnect between federal background checks and local law-enforcement records should be a #1 priority!  

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

9. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 12:02 El Pit

Donnie, please send an invitation to Blue ASAP.

Censoring games and movies is sooo much more effective than stopping the sale of guns to mad people when you want to stop killers... especially those who cut up people with blu-rays or smash the victims' skulls with a keyboard.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

8. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 11:51 Cutter

It's a weapon that makes violence easy. Most violent crimes are crimes of passion. When all you have to do is pull a gun and squeeze the trigger it's easy. Not so if you have to get up close and personal. That makes people pause. And that makes all the difference in the world. Couple that with America's poverty, obsession with violent media, hero worship of the military, and the institutional paranoia of seeing enemies everywhere that's a recipe for disaster.

"Rmabo. John J.? Well what do you know? Ol' Harry here's a soldier."

7. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 11:31 Nut

Causes of Gun Violence:

You forgot testosterone.

We should consider arming the teachers and castrating the students.

6. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 11:30 Mr. Tact

Are you suggesting he's really not conservative? Considering the amount of time he spends hoping and praying and referencing the Jesus-lie every chance he gets, I find it difficult to accept that he's not conservative. It nauseates me whenever someone mentions "god" in a sincere manner, especially someone in politics--in which case, I'm also extremely worried.
Trump doesn't have any kind of defined political position/policy/party/whatever. He is for whatever "sounds good" to him at any particular moment, or whatever the most recent person he doesn't dislike told him. A perfect example is his recent outburst about seizing guns without due process. Does he really want to seize guns without due process? No. But people were paying attention to someone else, not to him. He needed to fix that. It is pointless to attempt to label him politically. As he has indicated, there is no party, all that matters is him.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

5. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 11:27 jdreyer

Causes of Gun Violence:
40% Ease of access to firearms
40% A grievance, or extreme emotional agitation
19.99% Mental illness
0.01% Games, movies, and other media.

OMG, GAMES ARE CAUSING MASS SHOOTINGS!!11

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

4. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 11:25 Saboth

Trump made a comment that we should really have a warning label on violent media, games and music. Guess he's going to be shocked to learn we've had those for decades now. Maybe next time we should elect a President who has knowledge about things like government, the world, economics, history, math, science, society, geography...  

3. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 11:17 jdreyer

Prez wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 10:33:
At the very least perhaps they can inform our esteemed leader that there already is a rating system for videogames in place. Whether or not parents are responsible enough to actually make use of it is not the ESRB's problem. It's not the Fed's responsibility to police that unless he no longer wishes to fly the conservative banner he ran under out of convenience to get elected.

Trump doesn't really hold any specific ideology, and he isn't really conservative. He's "whatever-I-last-saw-on-TV"ative, and usually that's Fox News because its All Blonde All The Time.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

2. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 11:06 ForgedReality

Prez wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 10:33:
At the very least perhaps they can inform our esteemed leader that there already is a rating system for videogames in place. Whether or not parents are responsible enough to actually make use of it is not the ESRB's problem. It's not the Fed's responsibility to police that unless he no longer wishes to fly the conservative banner he ran under out of convenience to get elected.

1. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 10:33 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo