Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Metaverse

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 7, 2018, 12:45 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 04:55:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 04:47:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 04:38:
The site (CNBC) has a header beneath the headline where they list post and update date. That's what I meant

The update noted there (and the three snapshots at archive.org) predate your comment

Are you insinuating that I was lazy and kept the tab open for hours?

Nope because Blue also posted it post-updates and according to archive.org none of the updates included a title change. It had the same title as soon as it was published. The updates included more information in the article and a response from Facebook.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 7, 2018, 04:55 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 04:47:
The site (CNBC) has a header beneath the headline where they list post and update date. That's what I meant

The update noted there (and the three snapshots at archive.org) predate your comment

Are you insinuating that I was lazy and kept the tab open for hours?

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 7, 2018, 04:47 Sepharo

9. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 7, 2018, 04:38 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 04:27:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 04:24:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 03:06:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 01:11:
Beamer wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 16:01:
Bard wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 15:45:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 01:06:
Wow that Facebook headline is such enormous bullshit that I wish I could burn down CNBC right about now for wasting my time with that clickbait crap.

I am starting to get really angry at news sites that pull complete inverse news like this, because that is literally the exact opposite of what facebook asked and with the spin they added it's even complete fake news. Read the actual poll from Facebook and realize what utter BS this news is. And they wonder why everyone sees fake news nowadays.

Fuck CNBC, they are a disgrace to journalism

All media has an Agenda that's easy to see when you pay attention - people just don't notice because aaaw puppies

Or, people can't read and/or are conspiracy theorists.

As others pointed out, the CNBC headline isn't incorrect. Especially the headline currently up, "Facebook survey asked if 'adult man' should be allowed to request 'sexual pictures' from 14-year-old," which is wholly accurate. But the one Blue quoted is still accurate - Facebook did release a survey that asked people if child-predator content is ok. It wasn't intentional, but it's what they did.

When I rant on a news piece and it says "updated" in the header after my comment then you can be sure I was referencing something they changed. I mean, seriously. I am not going on random rants for giggles. That original headline (when you clicked the link) was complete and utter fake news. Alas, no screenshot <-> no cake, so whatever.

What the butts are you talking about? Where does it say "updated" in the header(?) after your comment?
Beamer quoted the original headline (assuming Blue used and is still using that) and the new one from the article.

I am talking about the headline on the actual news site It was different from the text linked here and different from what it is now. But I guess without proof I might as well talk about fairies. ^^

I was more wondering about the "'updated' in the header after my comment"

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 7, 2018, 04:27 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 04:24:
Wow that Facebook headline is such enormous bullshit that I wish I could burn down CNBC right about now for wasting my time with that clickbait crap.

I am starting to get really angry at news sites that pull complete inverse news like this, because that is literally the exact opposite of what facebook asked and with the spin they added it's even complete fake news. Read the actual poll from Facebook and realize what utter BS this news is. And they wonder why everyone sees fake news nowadays.

All media has an Agenda that's easy to see when you pay attention - people just don't notice because aaaw puppies

As others pointed out, the CNBC headline isn't incorrect. Especially the headline currently up, "Facebook survey asked if 'adult man' should be allowed to request 'sexual pictures' from 14-year-old," which is wholly accurate. But the one Blue quoted is still accurate - Facebook did release a survey that asked people if child-predator content is ok. It wasn't intentional, but it's what they did.

When I rant on a news piece and it says "updated" in the header after my comment then you can be sure I was referencing something they changed. I mean, seriously. I am not going on random rants for giggles. That original headline (when you clicked the link) was complete and utter fake news. Alas, no screenshot <-> no cake, so whatever.

What the butts are you talking about? Where does it say "updated" in the header(?) after your comment?
Beamer quoted the original headline (assuming Blue used and is still using that) and the new one from the article.

I am talking about the headline on the actual news site It was different from the text linked here and different from what it is now. But I guess without proof I might as well talk about fairies. ^^

I was more wondering about the "'updated' in the header after my comment"

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 7, 2018, 04:24 eRe4s3r

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 7, 2018, 03:06 Sepharo

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 7, 2018, 01:11 eRe4s3r

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 6, 2018, 16:01 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 6, 2018, 15:45 Bard

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 6, 2018, 14:07 Bodolza

I don't see how the headline is deceptive.

Headline: "Facebook asks users if child-predator content OK"

Survey question from Facebook: "how would you handle...a private message in which an adult man asks a 14 year old girl for sexual pictures."?

One of the possible responses: "This content should be allowed on Facebook and I would not mind seeing it."

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 6, 2018, 01:06 eRe4s3r

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo