Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat

In a post on reddit, Ubisoft announces plans to detoxify the chat in Rainbow Six Siege with a stronger ban policy (thanks VG247). They call this a "first step" to manage toxic chat, and say they have more plans for this to reveal down the road. Here's word on the type of discipline overactive keyboard warriors can expect:

Starting next week, we will be implementing an improvement on the system we have been using to ban players that use racial and homophobic slurs, or hate speech, in game. The bans for this will fall within the following durations, depending on severity:

• 2 Days
  • 7 Days
  • 15 Days
  • Permanent

We will be tracking the frequency at which language that violates the Code of Conduct is used by individual players, and will apply the appropriate ban on a case-by-case basis.

The type of language we will be taking action against is outlined in the following section of the Code of Conduct:

Any language or content deemed illegal, dangerous, threatening, abusive, obscene, vulgar, defamatory, hateful, racist, sexist, ethically offensive or constituting harassment is forbidden.

Players that receive a ban for toxicity will receive a pop-up that states their ban was the result of toxic behavior. A global message will also be displayed, similar to the current global broadcasts for cheating. It will read:

"Username has been banned for toxicity."

This is our first step towards managing toxicity in Rainbow Six Siege, and we will have more information to share about our other plans at a later date.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 6, 2018, 09:37 Slashman

rawbelly wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 09:08:
I just laugh when I see publishers do this.

The hypocrisy...

ESRB Rated M

"Rating Summary: This is a first-person shooter in which players control members of an elite counter-terrorism unit through various missions. Game modes allow players to eliminate terrorist cells, defuse bombs, and extract hostages. Characters use firearms (e.g., pistols, machine guns, shotguns), explosives, and traps (e.g., electrified barbed wire, robots with tasers) to kill human enemies. Gunfights can be frenetic and are highlighted by cries of pain, explosions, realistic gunfire, and blood-splatter effects. Cutscenes also depict instances of violence: an explosion that kills two characters; a man shot in slow-motion. During the course of the game, some stages depict bags of cocaine on tables/counters. The word f**k appears in the dialogue."

So you're saying that should prep the user for continual racist and homophobic abuse?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 6, 2018, 09:08 rawbelly

I just laugh when I see publishers do this.

The hypocrisy...

ESRB Rated M

"Rating Summary: This is a first-person shooter in which players control members of an elite counter-terrorism unit through various missions. Game modes allow players to eliminate terrorist cells, defuse bombs, and extract hostages. Characters use firearms (e.g., pistols, machine guns, shotguns), explosives, and traps (e.g., electrified barbed wire, robots with tasers) to kill human enemies. Gunfights can be frenetic and are highlighted by cries of pain, explosions, realistic gunfire, and blood-splatter effects. Cutscenes also depict instances of violence: an explosion that kills two characters; a man shot in slow-motion. During the course of the game, some stages depict bags of cocaine on tables/counters. The word f**k appears in the dialogue."

18. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 6, 2018, 07:19 Beamer

DangerDog wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 21:21:
Beamer wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 19:52:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 19:21:
Cutter wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 18:45:
Retired wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 18:12:
*yawn

The internet has created island of anonymous people with no restrictions or consequences.

I am looking forward to the day of "internet ID" where every single person will be identified by name and address when making comments or online posts.

Yes, Big Brother would just love that. Who the hell wants or needs privacy anyway?

they don't even need an id system, they're rounding people up in the UK and Germany for posting "wrong think" on facebook.

No, the UK is prosecuting a woman for posting beheading videos. Though I should have figured the usual crew here that whines about penalties to screaming "faggot" online would equate beheading videos to "wrong think."

Seriously, a game is trying to clean up its communication, and you guys think this is bad. Because you guys are the ones that ruin games for everyone, while at the same time whining about being called "toxic."

Sorry, you guys are toxic. Very toxic. You'll rant here, and maybe Cutter will plead with me to kill myself as he did yesterday, but you're toxic. You're not fun to be around. You're selfish, angry people. It shouldn't be a surprise no one wants you in their games.

Sticks and stones and all that jazz, I don't need a safe space to curl up in.

They could solve this problem really simply with a word filter, other games do it so why can't they?

I'm sure we could play this game back and forth all day long but the point is they can find you if they want to.

thought crimes

I said the UK, not Germany.

And Nigel Pelham didn't think the wrong thing, he asked people to hurt Muslims. Do you think being arrested for yelling fire in a theater is a thought crime?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

17. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 5, 2018, 21:21 DangerDog

*yawn

The internet has created island of anonymous people with no restrictions or consequences.

I am looking forward to the day of "internet ID" where every single person will be identified by name and address when making comments or online posts.

Yes, Big Brother would just love that. Who the hell wants or needs privacy anyway?

they don't even need an id system, they're rounding people up in the UK and Germany for posting "wrong think" on facebook.

No, the UK is prosecuting a woman for posting beheading videos. Though I should have figured the usual crew here that whines about penalties to screaming "faggot" online would equate beheading videos to "wrong think."

Seriously, a game is trying to clean up its communication, and you guys think this is bad. Because you guys are the ones that ruin games for everyone, while at the same time whining about being called "toxic."

Sorry, you guys are toxic. Very toxic. You'll rant here, and maybe Cutter will plead with me to kill myself as he did yesterday, but you're toxic. You're not fun to be around. You're selfish, angry people. It shouldn't be a surprise no one wants you in their games.

Sticks and stones and all that jazz, I don't need a safe space to curl up in.

They could solve this problem really simply with a word filter, other games do it so why can't they?

I'm sure we could play this game back and forth all day long but the point is they can find you if they want to.

thought crimes

16. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 5, 2018, 20:30 deqer

*yawn

So... you want the Mark of the Beast...

15. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 5, 2018, 20:06 RedEye9

*yawn

The cannuck evades the ban-hammer yet again. amazeballs

There's a fool-proof way to tell if something a conservative/right-wing/Republican said is true or not. If they call it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.needtoimpeach.com/
http://projects.thestar.com/donald-trump-fact-check/

14. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 5, 2018, 19:52 Beamer

*yawn

-------------

13. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 5, 2018, 19:21 DangerDog

*yawn

12. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 5, 2018, 18:45 Cutter

*yawn

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

11. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 5, 2018, 18:12 Retired

*yawn

10. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 5, 2018, 15:16 Muscular Beaver

DangerDog wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 14:49:
So they can't just create a banned word list and call it a day. This is only for text chat not voip where I would imagine is where most of the "toxic chat" is in a game like this.

Well, time to crack open the "urban dictionary" and discover some lesser known slurs to use.

like calling someone a trigglypuff
Oh, Im already inventing new insults. Problem is that people just laugh when I use them.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

9. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 5, 2018, 14:49 DangerDog

So they can't just create a banned word list and call it a day. This is only for text chat not voip where I would imagine is where most of the "toxic chat" is in a game like this.

Well, time to crack open the "urban dictionary" and discover some lesser known slurs to use.

like calling someone a trigglypuff

8. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 5, 2018, 14:27 Burrito of Peace

Starting about 20 years ago, I have had a saying posted up in my office: "It's not a good day on the internet unless both my race and sexuality have been called in to question."

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

7. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 5, 2018, 13:19 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 11:46:

LOL, for half a second I thought "Toxic Chat" was the new Rainbow Six DLC.
"Toxic Chat" dlc, "Spawn Killer" cam and "Stfu Noob" auto message spamming is included in the Season Pass.

There's a fool-proof way to tell if something a conservative/right-wing/Republican said is true or not. If they call it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.

6. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 5, 2018, 11:46 jdreyer

LOL, for half a second I thought "Toxic Chat" was the new Rainbow Six DLC.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

5. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 5, 2018, 11:35 FloorPie

Timmeh wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 10:58:
As long as they also ban black people for using the Nword non stop.

Or is that racism in our completely bass ackwards lefty SJW wasteland of a culture.

Thats raciss you ignorant cracker.

4. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 5, 2018, 10:58 Timmeh

As long as they also ban black people for using the Nword non stop.

Or is that racism in our completely bass ackwards lefty SJW wasteland of a culture.

3. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 5, 2018, 10:51 Beamer

Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 10:30:
"What a gay round!"
*Banned for 2 days.*

Heil PC! No, not Personal Computer.

So sorry that people dislike playing with jerks.

-------------

2. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 5, 2018, 10:37 RedEye9

Awesome
But they should change the schedule to;
3 Days
3 Months
Permanent

If the kids can't learn to be grown ups at home then I sure as hell don't want to play with them on-line.

1. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 5, 2018, 10:30 Muscular Beaver

"What a gay round!"
*Banned for 2 days.*

Heil PC! No, not Personal Computer.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo