Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

On CHRONO TRIGGER PC Issues

In a post on Steam, Square Enix acknowledges issues with the launch of the PC edition of CHRONO TRIGGER (thanks VG247). Players who are triggered over this may be happy to know this will trigger a response:

Hi everyone, thank you for the feedback you've shared so far regarding CHRONO TRIGGER.

We wanted to let you know that we are reading and listening to your messages and are aware of all of the issues that you've raised, which we are currently assessing. Please keep an eye on the Steam page for further information.

Thanks for your patience and support.
The CHRONO TRIGGER team

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: On CHRONO TRIGGER PC Issues Mar 6, 2018, 09:23 Task

*shrug* Just stick with the original copies if you have them?

I own the Final Fantasy Chronicles collection, which comes with the PS1 Chrono Trigger version. I also have it backed up on iso for use on my RPi3 and the SNES ROM.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 6, 2018, 08:28 Pigeon

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 20:00:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 16:57:
These ports should be handled by fans.

Then we would get results like this, instead of shitty ports of mobile versions. What a joke.

Wow and that was done in 2004. That should highlight just how lazy and cheap Square is; not just with this crap mobile ports, but even the remake of SoM.

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 5, 2018, 20:00 Mordecai Walfish

ItBurn wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 16:57:

Then we would get results like this, instead of shitty ports of mobile versions. What a joke.

"What do I want? I don't really know. Most of the time I ignore my quest and walk into the homes of others, riffling through people's shelves... oooh, like those over there!"

9. Re: On CHRONO TRIGGER PC Issues Mar 5, 2018, 18:50 Nucas

jdreyer wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 12:03:
The response was not translated correctly from Japanese. I've corrected it:

Hi everyone, thank you for the feedback you've shared so far regarding beta testing CHRONO TRIGGER.

ahh, but that would imply an intent to later correct the errors. other acclaimed rpgs like FF6 were shit onto the pc without any fixes, before. even a high profile release like nier automata continues to languish without any patches. the pc is just a passive income source.

8. Re: On CHRONO TRIGGER PC Issues Mar 5, 2018, 16:57 ItBurn

7. Re: On CHRONO TRIGGER PC Issues Mar 5, 2018, 15:24 ForgedReality

CRHONO!!!!!!!! TRIGGER!!!!!!!!  

6. Re: On CHRONO TRIGGER PC Issues Mar 5, 2018, 14:44 Suppa7

NKD wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 12:26:
Yeah, I really don't understand how they can put so much love and effort into some ports, and then just shit out garbage ports of others...

Because gamers are stupid. Steam, mmo's, all that is proof the average gamer is fucking retarded.

5. Re: On CHRONO TRIGGER PC Issues Mar 5, 2018, 13:27 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 11:23:
We made the least amount of effort possible, and now we're 'looking into the issues' this has caused.

Rolleyes

Here's what I don't get. With the obvious effort they put into things like the FF12 and FF15 ports, why dump other games, like Chrono and FF6, out from the freaking mobile port, when you KNOW people are going to be pissed over it.

Why not spend some money and put some time into it, and forego all that negativity? Oh wait, it's because suits have literally no common sense whatsoever.

It's just a cash grab, and if the rest of the gaming public is like the majority of my gamer/internet friends it's a successful cash grab.

Friend 1:'OMG guys this port is so bad (buys it anyways).'
Friend 2:'What?! There's a Chrono Trigger port?! So buying that right now'

So yeah people bitch about it loudly, but they buy the game anyways

4. Re: On CHRONO TRIGGER PC Issues Mar 5, 2018, 12:26 NKD

Yeah, I really don't understand how they can put so much love and effort into some ports, and then just shit out garbage ports of others...  

Doors and corners, kid. Doors and corners.

3. Re: On CHRONO TRIGGER PC Issues Mar 5, 2018, 12:03 jdreyer

The response was not translated correctly from Japanese. I've corrected it:

Hi everyone, thank you for the feedback you've shared so far regarding beta testing CHRONO TRIGGER.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

2. Re: On CHRONO TRIGGER PC Issues Mar 5, 2018, 11:23 Creston

We made the least amount of effort possible, and now we're 'looking into the issues' this has caused.

Rolleyes

Here's what I don't get. With the obvious effort they put into things like the FF12 and FF15 ports, why dump other games, like Chrono and FF6, out from the freaking mobile port, when you KNOW people are going to be pissed over it.

Why not spend some money and put some time into it, and forego all that negativity? Oh wait, it's because suits have literally no common sense whatsoever.

1. Re: On CHRONO TRIGGER PC Issues Mar 5, 2018, 10:25 mch

They should also give a bit more attention to their recent Secret of Mana release. It's not 100% awful, but just shocking that they released it as-is. Some absolutely ridiculous design decisions. Christ.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo