Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

0N 0W Launches

0N 0W (pronounced "Zero North, Zero West") is now available on Steam, offering an action/adventure for Windows with abstract psychedelic graphics. This trailer mixes live action footage with gameplay to show off this surreal experience. Here's word:

A first person surreal exploration adventure of visual auditory stimuli.
A cross country road trip strands you in a mysterious town lost amidst towering mesas and swaying dunes, will you beckon the glowing call of its lone storefront and embark on a fantastical multidimensional walkabout through space and time?

Experience a beautiful environment where nothing is what it seems, a cosmic labyrinth where doors always lead to different destinations, an anomalous zone where mass gingerly defies gravity, a universe of inspiration, of dreams: Experience 0N 0W .

Facets:

• Entirely non linear gameplay in an awe-inspiring open world where everything you see is accessible. There are no barriers or invisible walls to block your curiosity; walk to the very edge of the world to see what happens...
  • A minimalist reinterpretation of modern gameplay mechanisms that eliminates loading screens, user interfaces, inventories, skill trees, stats, quick time events, puzzles, etc. This is gameplay distilled to its very essence with the sole objective to explore in wonder!
  • A randomized level progression system that provides a different journey each time you play. All the levels are artistically hand crafted with love, however the manner in which all these levels come toguether changes continuously; giving each player a unique experience. So not only can you share and relate with your friends about the sights and places in this strange universe, but your journey is entirely unique.
    This is a peaceful adventure apt for all ages; There are no representations of violence, threats or mature themes of any sort :)
  • An evocative musical soundtrack composed of cascading arpeggios and vast soundscapes to get lost in.

Notes:

• This is not a guided tale, but an introspective journey through an otherwordly reality. It is an experience to enjoy!
  • Photosensitive epileptic seizures warning! A small percentage of people may experience a seizure when exposed to certain visual images, including flashing lights or patterns that appear in videogames.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 4, 2018, 23:35 jdreyer

heroin wrote on Mar 4, 2018, 15:21:
It's something like that, it's always different and very dependent on a few factors, most important being the dosage, how much was inhaled, how long it was held in and how many tokes were taken.

Terence McKenna was great at trying to describe it, but he was 100% correct in saying that it is the "unspeakable", "un-englishable", and a "100% reality channel switch". That experience holds so much information beyond the scales of human language that although a lot has been said of it - nothing can come close to even describing 1% of it, it just has to be experienced to be understood at any level.

Some people say that it is the process of soul/consciousness entering & exiting the body, entering another dimension, the previous state before the Big Bang, there's also a lot of misinformation out there - like DMT is created in the pineal gland or "3rd eye"or that DMT is endogenous to the brain (DMT is found in the lungs)... others - usually people who haven't had the balls to experience this for themselves will say it is the brain malfunctioning, lol. The one thing DMT proves to me, at least, is that the possibilities are endless and that humanity is only just beginning to learn anything about the nature of reality whether that be out there in the Universe or in neuroscience.
Well said. Thanks.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 4, 2018, 15:21 heroin

It's something like that, it's always different and very dependent on a few factors, most important being the dosage, how much was inhaled, how long it was held in and how many tokes were taken.

Terence McKenna was great at trying to describe it, but he was 100% correct in saying that it is the "unspeakable", "un-englishable", and a "100% reality channel switch". That experience holds so much information beyond the scales of human language that although a lot has been said of it - nothing can come close to even describing 1% of it, it just has to be experienced to be understood at any level.

Some people say that it is the process of soul/consciousness entering & exiting the body, entering another dimension, the previous state before the Big Bang, there's also a lot of misinformation out there - like DMT is created in the pineal gland or "3rd eye"or that DMT is endogenous to the brain (DMT is found in the lungs)... others - usually people who haven't had the balls to experience this for themselves will say it is the brain malfunctioning, lol. The one thing DMT proves to me, at least, is that the possibilities are endless and that humanity is only just beginning to learn anything about the nature of reality whether that be out there in the Universe or in neuroscience.

23. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 4, 2018, 14:57 jdreyer

heroin wrote on Mar 4, 2018, 10:39:
I've helped almost 40 people have their first experiences with this amazing molecule, but only on very small dosages. While I wouldn't say that DMT is recreational at all, either - there are obvious dose thresholds and methods that can be... easier to navigate.

I never load more than 15mg of changa - if they want more, then I point them in the direction of self extraction. Within the realms of a 15mg dose, no one is going to get to that place where one is ripped from their body and ejected off the planet faster than the speed of light through whatever mechanism of death exists and born into another world to live eternally. I've been there - and I know no one is ready for that.

I'd say if someone would think 3 hours in a float tank/sensory deprivation tank is "recreational" then they are ready to see what the sub realms of a 10-15mg DMT sub-breakthrough holds.

Does this describe your experience? Or something different?

22. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 4, 2018, 10:39 heroin

I've helped almost 40 people have their first experiences with this amazing molecule, but only on very small dosages. While I wouldn't say that DMT is recreational at all, either - there are obvious dose thresholds and methods that can be... easier to navigate.

I never load more than 15mg of changa - if they want more, then I point them in the direction of self extraction. Within the realms of a 15mg dose, no one is going to get to that place where one is ripped from their body and ejected off the planet faster than the speed of light through whatever mechanism of death exists and born into another world to live eternally. I've been there - and I know no one is ready for that.

I'd say if someone would think 3 hours in a float tank/sensory deprivation tank is "recreational" then they are ready to see what the sub realms of a 10-15mg DMT sub-breakthrough holds.

21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 3, 2018, 22:38 Mordecai Walfish

heroin wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 18:08:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 02:31:
heroin wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 15:27:
The DMT realms or "hyperspace" influence needs to be injected into more games. Once one has seen it for real... holy shit balls.

The 10 minute window into infinity. It would be cool to step into a virtual representation of abstract subconscious discoveries like the "Earth Coincidence Control Office" (as described in John C. Lilly's The Center of The Cyclone), but how does one re-create such a thing? Maybe in the near future we can translate what we see inside our minds to an image or render or some type.. but that would require imaging something that is not necessarily 1D/2D/3D, which is a pretty massive problem to solve before anything like that is possible.

It will probably take 500 years before we could replicate anything even .0000000000000000000000000001% close to it with bio-technology. And in 500 years those that experience whatever that is that the pseudo-apes create - they will say "Holy shit, this is ground-breaking / revolutionary!!" lol, people should listen up and smoke DMT now.

I think recreational DMT smoking/usage is a terrible idea. That is the sort of thing that kind of represents the inner essence of our beings, a molecule introduced shortly after our birth and released upon death that opens up a doorway to another place that we should not look to turn into a vacation destination. Treated as a sacrament, it is a powerful experience that can be trans-formative in a positive way towards an individual, and perhaps society as a whole.. but it's not even remotely in the same ballpark a what I would consider recreational.

Scientists and engineers talk about the singularity being something that is very possible within 100 years. They have little to no evidence to back this up, it seems.. but I suppose if consciousness were able to be digitized in such a manner, then sharing at least the indescribable abstract concepts of such an experience becomes a possibility, perhaps.

20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 3, 2018, 18:08 heroin

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 02:31:
The DMT realms or "hyperspace" influence needs to be injected into more games. Once one has seen it for real... holy shit balls.

The 10 minute window into infinity. It would be cool to step into a virtual representation of abstract subconscious discoveries like the "Earth Coincidence Control Office" (as described in John C. Lilly's The Center of The Cyclone), but how does one re-create such a thing? Maybe in the near future we can translate what we see inside our minds to an image or render or some type.. but that would require imaging something that is not necessarily 1D/2D/3D, which is a pretty massive problem to solve before anything like that is possible.

It will probably take 500 years before we could replicate anything even .0000000000000000000000000001% close to it with bio-technology. And in 500 years those that experience whatever that is that the pseudo-apes create - they will say "Holy shit, this is ground-breaking / revolutionary!!" lol, people should listen up and smoke DMT now.

19. Re: 0N 0W Launches Mar 3, 2018, 14:46 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 12:15:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 05:00:
Where's spacecaptain?

His last incarnation got banned several months ago and I haven't seen him back. It's a shame, because he's obviously a very intelligent person and I enjoyed reading his takes.

Oh I know, was just trying to dredge up alias 11 or something.

18. Re: 0N 0W Launches Mar 3, 2018, 12:15 jdreyer

Sepharo wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 05:00:
Where's spacecaptain?

His last incarnation got banned several months ago and I haven't seen him back. It's a shame, because he's obviously a very intelligent person and I enjoyed reading his takes.

17. Re: 0N 0W Launches Mar 3, 2018, 07:45 Bumpy

So another walking simulator but on an acid trip.

Groovy, man. Bring your own lava lamp to see where you are going.

16. Re: 0N 0W Launches Mar 3, 2018, 05:00 Sepharo

Where's spacecaptain?  

15. Re: Foxtail Early Access Mar 3, 2018, 04:50 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 00:44:
Orogogus wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 20:15:
Slick wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 20:07:
Wouldn't 0 degrees north make the degrees "west" redundant? Seems that it would be at the pole, so it could be 0, 10, or 100 degrees west, and they'd be the exact same place.

Zero degrees north would be at the equator, not the pole, wouldn't it? The pole would be 90 degrees north.

Nobody knows

The Illuminati knows.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 3, 2018, 02:31 Mordecai Walfish

13. Re: 0N 0W Launches Mar 3, 2018, 01:42 Nighthawk

North pole would be 90N, 0N would be the equator, and 0 west puts it just off africa.
0N x 0W

12. Re: 0N 0W Launches Mar 3, 2018, 00:44 Slick

Orogogus wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 20:15:
Wouldn't 0 degrees north make the degrees "west" redundant? Seems that it would be at the pole, so it could be 0, 10, or 100 degrees west, and they'd be the exact same place.

Zero degrees north would be at the equator, not the pole, wouldn't it? The pole would be 90 degrees north.

Nobody knows

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

11. Re: 0N 0W Launches Mar 2, 2018, 20:15 Orogogus

10. Re: 0N 0W Launches Mar 2, 2018, 20:07 Slick

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

9. Re: 0N 0W Launches Mar 2, 2018, 15:45 jdreyer

Prez wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 13:16:
If your game title needs a pronunciation guide after its title you're doing it wrong. It's crazy that indie devs still don't get this. You re already facing an impossibly over-saturated market as it is; having a stupid name just makes it that much more likely your game will get overlooked.

And yet, here we are, all talking about it. Mission accomplished, I would say.

8. Re: 0N 0W Launches Mar 2, 2018, 15:27 heroin

7. Re: 0N 0W Launches Mar 2, 2018, 14:03 Cutter

Go ask Alice, when she's 10 feet tall....

"If the snow begins to fall and you can't find the fire, let the water wash away your sins." - Hope County Choir

6. Re: 0N 0W Launches Mar 2, 2018, 13:42 Kxmode

0N 0W (pronounced "Zero North, Zero West")

Not to be THAT guy, but isn't it pronounced "Zero degrees North, Zero degrees West?"

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo