Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Trump Calls Game Meeting

Business Insider has word that White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders announced today that video game executives are coming to the White House to meet with the president next week. According to the report this was in response to a question about the likelihood of passing gun control legislation, so this is a pretty direct deflection. In an odd twist, Ars Technica reports President Trump apparently does not restrict his 11 year-old son's access to violent media, in spite of concerns he's expressed about its influence. In an even odder twist, apparently the video game executives first heard about this along with everyone else, as the Washington Post's Tony Romm tweets that the ESA says nobody has yet been invited to this meeting:

The video game trade group in D.C., called ESA, has this statement: “ESA and our member companies have not received an invitation to meet with President Trump."

View
80 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

20. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 2, 2018, 08:28 Mr. Tact

Can we ban country music? I'd vote for that!  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 2, 2018, 07:26 Muscular Beaver

Welcome back to the 90s.
Imagine in the 70s politicians would still think about banning Rock n Roll because of "bad influence".

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

18. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 2, 2018, 07:25 Zoom

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 1, 2018, 23:57:
If your going games you need to go movies and tv and some music to. Tons of insensitive and hateful content. If that were ever to be reformed, wow talk about a different world in 25 years. Now you'll need votes from the people and congress and for years in succession to pull this stunt off. I don't think he has it in him.
Books. Dont forget books. These things are the devil for Trump and his supporters. They should have people bring their books and burn them in piles to show how they support the effort of their beloved president. Reading is a left-wing thing, it should be banned.
/s

17. Re: Re Mar 2, 2018, 07:00 Burrito of Peace

Oh, the good ole GOP. Putting the R in retarded.  

16. Re: Re Mar 2, 2018, 06:34 RedEye9

The Murder Club aka the nra was seen bringing trunks full of Spanish doubloons into the white house. Drumpf tweeted that the meeting was a success. [wink]

Kushner Close to Obtaining Clearance for Other Government Facility

There's a fool-proof way to tell if something a conservative/right-wing/Republican said is true or not. If they call it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.needtoimpeach.com/
http://projects.thestar.com/donald-trump-fact-check/

15. Re: Re Mar 2, 2018, 06:18 Luke

Humans are the only one that fucked everything up..

Games can't do a s without a human the same with a gun..

14. Re Mar 2, 2018, 02:23 NKD

Trump taking guns and games away? LOL. Does this idiot even know who his base is?  

"Broke their brown backs chasing Mr. White's dream,
that Bill of Rights was just a pyramid scheme."
- Nunca David Hidalgo & Los Refugio Tiernos

13. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 2, 2018, 00:17 Wowbagger_TIP

No better way to throw kids into a violent rage than to take their games away. Great idea.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

12. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 2, 2018, 00:00 DangerDog

Trump is going to take our simulated assault rifles without due process.

11. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 1, 2018, 23:57 HorrorScope

If your going games you need to go movies and tv and some music to. Tons of insensitive and hateful content. If that were ever to be reformed, wow talk about a different world in 25 years. Now you'll need votes from the people and congress and for years in succession to pull this stunt off. I don't think he has it in him.  

10. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 1, 2018, 23:40 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Mar 1, 2018, 23:37:
A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed!

9. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 1, 2018, 23:37 Cutter

That's it! I'm starting the NGA - National Games Association. We'll be petitioning for an Constitutional Amendment!

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed!

After all, games don't kill people, people kill people!
A game on the hard drive is better than a cop on the phone!
The only thing that stops a bad gamer is a good gamer with a game!

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

8. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 1, 2018, 23:20 MrGrosser

Don't take our games away!  

7. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 1, 2018, 23:07 Jivaro

Trump knows his base..I will give him that. The "That blasted Rock & Roll is Satan's work!" type of crap always manages to get just enough attention to be an effective distraction.  

6. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 1, 2018, 23:04 jdreyer

Yesterday he threatened to take all the guns.

Now he wants to take all the games.

I guess we'll all be playing Hello Kitty Island Adventure after he's through.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

5. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 1, 2018, 22:22 DangerDog

He's not interested in talking with the executives, he wants to talk to the lobbyists.

time to cough up some of that lootbox cash they're rolling in.

4. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 1, 2018, 22:14 Nucas

this is an unfortunate perfect storm; a bunch of gun industry shills in congress flailing about for distractions, and a fucking moron in the oval office. i admittedly don't really consume mainstream media of any sort so i don't know, but hopefully this narrative isn't gaining steam.  

3. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 1, 2018, 22:14 Saboth

Tell him to shove his meeting up where the sun don't shine. One day he's talking about taking guns from people without due process, the next he's trying to blame videogames, the next he's trying to start a trade war which will raise the cost of most goods in the USA by 10-30%+. The man needs to be removed from office before he destroys our economy. It's obvious he's suffering from dementia, along with a host of other disorders.

Now with Putin bragging that he has the best nuclear missiles, who knows what this elderly deranged buffoon will do.

2. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 1, 2018, 21:16 RedEye9

McConnell shelves gun bills for banking reform

And then there were none.

Fucking Banking reform, the gop knows how to read a room. NOT

There's a fool-proof way to tell if something a conservative/right-wing/Republican said is true or not. If they call it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.

1. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 1, 2018, 20:48 RedEye9

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/188167/trump-calls-out-video-games
https://www.bluesnews.com/s/188268/etc-etc
Thanks Obama!

80 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo