Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Trump Calls Game Meeting

Business Insider has word that White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders announced today that video game executives are coming to the White House to meet with the president next week. According to the report this was in response to a question about the likelihood of passing gun control legislation, so this is a pretty direct deflection. In an odd twist, Ars Technica reports President Trump apparently does not restrict his 11 year-old son's access to violent media, in spite of concerns he's expressed about its influence. In an even odder twist, apparently the video game executives first heard about this along with everyone else, as the Washington Post's Tony Romm tweets that the ESA says nobody has yet been invited to this meeting:

The video game trade group in D.C., called ESA, has this statement: “ESA and our member companies have not received an invitation to meet with President Trump."

View
80 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

80. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 4, 2018, 07:24 Luke

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 10:42:
ventry wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 22:47:
Beamer wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 22:32:
You can't call anyone pathetic and follow up with "Ben Shapiro."

you guys are just too easy.
Sweetie, neither you nor Luke have the mental or emotional capability to post on this subject. And as for easy, seems you lost out there to.
I mean if my posts calling Fuckface Von Clownstick a dotard bothers you so much, isn't it obvious that it's you who is easy, and easily triggered I might add.
But thanks for sharing.

Annnd we have a Einstein ain't ye a clever one......

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

79. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 3, 2018, 18:14 ventry

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 10:42:
I mean if my posts calling Fuckface Von Clownstick a dotard bothers you so much

No. Doesn't bother me however, it clearly shows that you are childish and a mental lightweight who just can't stop throwing a tantrum all because you lost an election.

It's a fucking riot.

You want to get rid of trump?
1: Let him run the country (ie give him the rope)
2: if he does a bad job he'll be voted out 2020
3: if he does a REALLY bad job he might be impeached (fake Russia and mental state BS wont get it done)
4: if he does a good job then he'll be voted in again and then you might have to admit you don't have it all worked out.

Only time will tell.

Every time you piss and moan about him you are only making yourself look like a dick and Trump looks stronger.

Keep going by all means. It's great comedic fodder.

jdreyer wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 01:00:
Laugh it up. When China starts scraping clean your EEZ, you'll come crying to us for help, but Trump will have left our country so fucked up that we'll be unable. Good luck with that.

Oh Noes!!
Doomsday scenario.
Does this "doomsday scenario" follow the same timeline as Redeye9's nukes. (which I am still waiting for)
You guys have got me worried.
Which one will strike first? LOL.

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2018, 18:28.

78. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 3, 2018, 18:10 RedEye9

Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 17:53:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 01:04:
ventry wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 20:57:
I have also noticed that a lot of Americans have been referring to the "Australian Gun Buy-back" scheme.
The thing those people don't know is that it was all the "Law Abiding" Australians that handed their guns in.
The criminals kept theirs.

Right? And then they went on a murder spree for the next two decades!

Oh, wait. Murders have gone way down since then. It's almost as if reducing the number of guns in a society and strengthening the laws reduces gun deaths.
So? Homicides have gone down almost everywhere in the western countries. Even those who didnt do anything about their guns, incl. the USA). No proof at all. Right now they are increasing again, and your statistic conveniently leaves that out.
And you conveniently don't source.
FAIL

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

77. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 3, 2018, 17:53 Muscular Beaver

jdreyer wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 01:04:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 14:08:
Tangerine Jesus.....Drumpf.....DOTUS...etc

Yes your name calling is sooooo next level intelligent. LARF!

I have also noticed that a lot of Americans have been referring to the "Australian Gun Buy-back" scheme.
The thing those people don't know is that it was all the "Law Abiding" Australians that handed their guns in.

Oh, wait. Murders have gone way down since then. It's almost as if reducing the number of guns in a society and strengthening the laws reduces gun deaths.
So? Homicides have gone down almost everywhere in the western countries. Even those who didnt do anything about their guns, incl. the USA). No proof at all. Right now they are increasing again, and your statistic conveniently leaves that out.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

76. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 3, 2018, 10:42 RedEye9

ventry wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 22:47:

Sweetie, neither you nor Luke have the mental or emotional capability to post on this subject. And as for easy, seems you lost out there to.
I mean if my posts calling Fuckface Von Clownstick a dotard bothers you so much, isn't it obvious that it's you who is easy, and easily triggered I might add.
But thanks for sharing.

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

75. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 3, 2018, 04:59 Luke

All ya anti trump ....whatever ye call ye self ,

Let's blame everybody else than asking ye self :

How come we landed here in this state.....

There seems to be something gone wrong with ya beloved fantasy land/good old policy , something that made triumph president, but noooooooo that's not it it's the other's....pathetic whiners

74. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 3, 2018, 04:09 Sepharo

ventry wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 22:01:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 21:40:
Right, why have laws at all if criminals are just going to break them anyway.

Yep. I'm sure you'll be on the front lines for "US Civil War Pt2" if they try to take guns from states like Texas, Arkansas, Alabama etc.

More likely you'll be hiding in your basement along with Redbrowneye9 (see I can lower myself to that standard too.)

I'm glad that here in Australia we have less guns but, Australia is NOT the USA.
Apples and oranges.

Laws based on emotional reactions are bad laws.

Wow what a devastating reply.
I've seen the "why have laws" question posited many times but I've never seen such a masterclass as that in handling it.

73. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 3, 2018, 01:17 jdreyer

ventry wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 22:19:
What "cult" would that be?

In reality (something you know little of) I don't care who the POTUS is.

I am pro democracy.

Come 2020 whoever wins the US election gets to run the country whether that be Trump or whoever runs against him.
You have an election, someone wins, someone loses.
Get over yourselves. You lost. (and it wasn't because of Russia you fucking assclowns)
Here in Australia the last election went against the candidate I voted for. I was disappointed for about 30 minutes, then I got on with life.
I get another crack at it in 2019.
Good on ya mate.

Never did I "stab" my country in the back like you turds have and continue to do.
Exactly how are we stabbing our country in the back? The first amendment of the constitution guarantees exactly this kind of speech and behavior. No one here is plotting to overthrow the government. It's fascist to think everyone should be lockstep behind the president.

I have been (and continue to do) laughing at how stupid you all are in fighting yourselves thus damaging your country by the day.
Arguing against Trump supporters helps us sharpen our arguments and clarify our positions.

Keep pissing on yourselves and you make it easier for your "enemy's" to piss on you.
Keeping the energy level high serves to increase voter turnout in 8 months.

Get behind your country you pathetic wankers.
We support our country, dumbass. We oppose Trump. Trump != USA. That's fascist thinking right there.

BEN SHAPIRO 2024!!!
Although Ben lives in a fantasy land and I oppose most of his policy positions, at least he's smart and thoughtful. I'd trade him for Trump in a heartbeat.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

72. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 3, 2018, 01:06 jdreyer

Sepharo wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 21:40:
Right, why have laws at all if criminals are just going to break them anyway.

All I'm saying is that if we made everyone tie their children or significant other to the bumper of their vehicle, we'd never have car accidents!

71. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 3, 2018, 01:04 jdreyer

70. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 3, 2018, 01:00 Quboid

Weird how Trump supporters like ventry are so keen to tie everything to the election. It's almost like they've had a 13 month long dumpster fire with nothing to show for it. Well, tax cuts for billionaires. Well done.  

69. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 3, 2018, 01:00 jdreyer

ventry wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 19:53:
All these "clever" people thought they had it all worked out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp_siUciZVs

Now those same people have been throwing a continuing 1.5 year long tantrum.
I love seeing smug, self-entitled assholes getting reality shoved right up their back passages.

Laugh it up. When China starts scraping clean your EEZ, you'll come crying to us for help, but Trump will have left our country so fucked up that we'll be unable. Good luck with that.

68. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 2, 2018, 23:43 Orogogus

jdreyer wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 23:11:
snip

Basically no one here is arguing that video games are causing shootings. Even the Trump supporters say he's probably just joking. The only reason to trot out the pro-video game arguments here is because seeing the post counter go up triggers an endorphin rush. As people have been noting recently, this board doesn't let you stick likes on posts, so why bother?

There is back-on-forth on gun control so there's discussion to be had there, but the closest thing to a pro-censorship anti-video gamist this board has is Ozmodan, and I think he mellowed out some time over the last decade.

67. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 2, 2018, 23:12 jdreyer

sliv wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 14:14:
When you complain about an echo chamber on this issue, on this forum, it just looks like you're looking to pick a fight.

I don't have time to pick fights, too much work to do. So, yeah, you're right, shouldn't have said anything to begin with.

Been following Blues since 2003 and Voodoo Extreme/Gaming Groove for years before that so I'd say I have a soft-spot for the gaming community because I used to be in it. Unfortunately, when I see how a lot of forums here sounds like every other forum out there, it saddens me a bit and makes me less likely to look at discussions anymore.

I'm guessing when you hit your 40's you don't have time for this stuff except my kids are getting into it now so I still need to keep connected in some sort or fashion. Blues helps with that but I'll just need to ignore the forums. Lesson learned, moving on...

Dude, the title has "Trump" in it. What were you expecting? 95% of all the other posts on this forum avoid politics.

66. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 2, 2018, 23:11 jdreyer

Orogogus wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 13:33:
sliv wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 11:59:
I think it's perfectly fine to share opinions. Do you think the only reason to share your opinion is to change someone else's mind? Yes, futile but also a completely wasted opportunity to gain some perspective outside of what I know. I have my opinions that I've instilled by life experiences and from those I consider mentors. But to say you'll only have a real conversation with someone who only comes with facts, that's pretty close-minded as well.

This conversation won't show any facts, we're not robots so you can't possibly prove that video games cause violence.

I never said don't have the conversation, what I'm saying is don't state opinions as facts and belittle those that have differing opinions than yours. It creates an echo chamber which helps no one.

I don't think this board is terrible about the echo chamber for most topics. It can help to ignore a certain number of people at both ends of the spectrum who are more interested in lulz or scoring points than discussion.

But on the specific subject of video games being responsible for mass shootings... I think it's reasonable to expect that the overwhelming majority of people following a video game news page are going to come down on one side of that argument. Why would someone who thinks video games are causing shootings read the articles here? I wouldn't go into a Bible reading forum expecting a balanced back-and-forth on whether Christianity has been a positive or negative influence on Western politics. When you complain about an echo chamber on this issue, on this forum, it just looks like you're looking to pick a fight.

A lot of us here follow the science. And the science is unequivocal: no causation for shootings.

There's also simple logic. As games have risen in popularity over the past few decades, violent crime has been drastically decreasing.

And the last part is pretty obvious: states that have few shootings (every other first world nation than the USA) have some form of comprehensive gun control. We know that's where the greatest reduction of shootings will come from. It's silly to try and pin it on games.

65. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 2, 2018, 23:07 HorrorScope

Luke wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 15:09:
Oblama was and still is the biggest chicken George ever of a president

We all want to get you on the real killing fields. I have no idea what you are spewing here, no world war created, stood up to Russia not suck their cocks. Kill Bin L. Kept allies, allies, recovered economy and kept it steady. I guess you just want war, again love to see you in the fields showing off your bad ass.

64. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 2, 2018, 22:47 ventry

63. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 2, 2018, 22:32 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

62. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 2, 2018, 22:19 ventry

Beamer wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 22:03:

He takes after your cult leader in quality name calling, no?

What "cult" would that be?

In reality (something you know little of) I don't care who the POTUS is.

I am pro democracy.

Come 2020 whoever wins the US election gets to run the country whether that be Trump or whoever runs against him.
You have an election, someone wins, someone loses.
Get over yourselves. You lost. (and it wasn't because of Russia you fucking assclowns)
Here in Australia the last election went against the candidate I voted for. I was disappointed for about 30 minutes, then I got on with life.
I get another crack at it in 2019.
Never did I "stab" my country in the back like you turds have and continue to do.

I have been (and continue to do) laughing at how stupid you all are in fighting yourselves thus damaging your country by the day.

Keep pissing on yourselves and you make it easier for your "enemy's" to piss on you.

Get behind your country you pathetic wankers.

BEN SHAPIRO 2024!!!

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 2018, 22:32.

61. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 2, 2018, 22:08 Orogogus

"Law abiding," in sarcasm quotes like that, means the criminals.

80 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo