Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Build-Engine Ion Maiden from 3D Realms Early Access

Early Access to Ion Maiden is now underway on Steam, offering the chance to party like it's 1996 with a new Build-engine shooter published by 3D Realms. This is a preview campaign, and GOG.com says it's also available there, but restricted to owners of the Bombshell Digital Deluxe Edition. Here's a reveal trailer and here's word from this announcement:

3D Realms is proud to bring back the Build engine, which powered Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, and Shadow Warrior, in all of its hand-crafted pixelated glory.

Weve spent a lot of time tinkering under the hood to take advantage of new technology and techniques. Bigger levels, hundreds of new colors, and morphing maps that transform mid-level are all just a few of the advancements made to the engine.

Today we're releasing the ION MAIDEN in Early Access!

Early Access owners will be granted immediate access to an exclusive multi-hour preview campaign, which you can play RIGHT NOW!

This is a big moment for us - The first official 3D Realms IP to launch as a Build Engine FPS since Shadow Warrior.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Build-Engine Ion Maiden from 3D Realms Early Access Mar 1, 2018, 11:52 Necrophob

This just makes me want a proper Blood sequel, in the Build engine.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Mar 1, 2018, 08:49 mellis

It was all going great until she opened her mouth  

7. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Mar 1, 2018, 04:31 Reactor

Awesome... Im actually excited about a game for once...  

6. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Mar 1, 2018, 02:01 Kajetan

Reactor wrote on Mar 1, 2018, 01:37:
This looks pretty darn good!
It also plays like the old BUILD shooters. The maps however ... holy crap, my old Pentium would have exploded immediately. And i got lost pretty quick. No linear script event tube, a giant map where you can move around freely, see secrets, dont get to secrets, look for ways to get to secrets, despair, try to find the next key, despair, find the way to a secret, rejoice ... yeah, this might be a good one.

5. Re: Build-Engine Ion Maiden from 3D Realms Early Access Mar 1, 2018, 01:37 Reactor

This looks pretty darn good!  

4. Re: Build-Engine Ion Maiden from 3D Realms Early Access Mar 1, 2018, 01:09 Heltorne

GinRummy wrote on Feb 28, 2018, 22:13:
I liked the later versions of the game with Bruce Dickenson, but I prefer the first two versions, with Paul DiAnno in the lead, better.

Hahaha! Love it

3. Re: Build-Engine Ion Maiden from 3D Realms Early Access Mar 1, 2018, 01:07 Heltorne

Whoa  

2. Re: Build-Engine Ion Maiden from 3D Realms Early Access Feb 28, 2018, 23:08 SirKnight

Looks pretty good to me.

I for one would love to see more new games made with old engines like this. Build, Doom, Quake, Unreal 1, etc. There's just something about how the old games and engines were done that is more fun to me for some reason.

1. Re: Build-Engine Ion Maiden from 3D Realms Early Access Feb 28, 2018, 22:13 GinRummy

I liked the later versions of the game with Bruce Dickenson, but I prefer the first two versions, with Paul DiAnno in the lead, better.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo