Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

BATTLETECH in April

Publisher Paradox Interactive and developer Harebrained Schemes announce a release window for BATTLETECH, saying the mech game will lumber onto Windows and macOS April. Pre-purchases are now underway on the Paradox Website, GOG.com, and Steam, and they celebrate the news with this trailer. All the details can be found in this post:
In the first of a three-part video series, Jordan Weisman (creator of BattleTech), Mitch Gitelman (Studio Manager) and Mike McCain (Game Director) detail BATTLETECH’s unique combat system and the tactical challenges players will face commanding building-sized war machines on the battlefield. There’s also a fair amount of ‘Mech-punching, naturally.

“BATTLETECH has been a passion project for our team and for the fans who helped to make it a reality. We have done our very best to deliver a tactical `Mech experience that will delight long-time fans and excite new players who have yet to enter the MechWarrior universe.” said Jordan Weisman, CEO of Harebrained Schemes and creator of the original board game and BATTLETECH universe.”We know players are anxious to get their hands on the final game, and HBS joins Paradox in our excitement to deliver this April.”

The year is 3025 and the galaxy is trapped in a cycle of perpetual war, fought by noble houses with enormous, mechanized combat vehicles called BattleMechs. From their starfaring base of operations the player commands a mercenary outfit of `Mechs and the MechWarriors who pilot them, struggling to stay afloat as they are drawn into a brutal interstellar civil war.

PSA: All Backers at the Recruit level and above will ALSO receive this special edition Shadow Hawk skin upon deployment. High Command thanks you for your continued support of the cause.

View

12. Re: BATTLETECH in April Feb 28, 2018, 09:23 Task

Not every game is flawless and expecting one to be in this day age of game development is setting the expectations pretty high for oneself.

I am aware of the KS update where not everything is in the initial release, I am a backer after all, but first of all - I went in knowing a Kickstarter investment is not a promise and second of all, I don't care really if some extra features are initially missing since this is a Battletech title and I can finally wash the bad taste of the only current thing that pretends to be "Battletech" (also pretends to be "Mech Warrior") *cough* MWO *cough* away. Plus, I played the Beta for quite a while and had fun with just Skirmishing AI and messing around with the game files to mod. They are also a small studio that I trust to support the games they release after its out. But, that's only my sentiment as an individual. CJ can have his/her own.

It would be the equivalent if someone else were allowed to finally make a traditional Fallout game, like the old ones.

Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Feb 27, 21:21 Re: BATTLETECH in April CJ_Parker
  2. Feb 27, 21:42  Re: BATTLETECH in April  jdreyer 
  4. Feb 27, 22:36   Re: BATTLETECH in April Flatline
  3. Feb 27, 21:53 Re: BATTLETECH in April  Cutter 
  5. Feb 27, 23:49 Re: BATTLETECH in April Task
  6. Feb 28, 01:43  Re: BATTLETECH in April Asmodai
  7. Feb 28, 03:34  Re: BATTLETECH in April CJ_Parker
  8. Feb 28, 06:48   Re: BATTLETECH in April Zoom
  9. Feb 28, 08:04    Re: BATTLETECH in April CJ_Parker