Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

Well, the Olympics are out of our hair for another year. I usually say something about not watching them before ending up watching some. This time around I started out by talking about watching a bit at the beginning, but that was basically all I ended up seeing. Oh well, as long as I'm crossing myself up, I guess it's all good. Stay vigilant, though, the summer games start in a mere 29 months.

Olympic Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator.
Super Cop Hero.
Stories: Kevin Smith Reveals ‘Massive Heart Attack’ and Treatment. Survives "widow maker."
Flood fears rise as storm system tears across central U.S.
Norway will spend $13 million to upgrade its doomsday seed vault.
Science: All teens should be screened for depression, new guidelines urge.
The Inside Story Of How An Ivy League Food Scientist Turned Shoddy Data Into Viral Studies.
Australian tourist may have spread measles in New York this month, health officials fear.
Media: Here's what it's like to ski an Olympic downhill course. Thanks Boing Boing.
How did NASA get those great film shots of Apollo and the Shuttle? Thanks The Flying Penguin.
Woman Tries to Get a Free Ride. NSFW.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 2, 2018, 14:25 Mr. Tact

I am shocked. SHOCKED!

MIT Uber/Lyft earnings study

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2018, 20:53 bigspender

Killer Kane wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 11:28:
Didn't Kevin Smith lose like 85 lbs 3 years ago?

Weight loss sadly does almost nothing to clear out the plaque from your arteries. This is why so many professional athletes still have heart disease. You must eat clean enough to allow the body to remove the plaques in the arteries. Watch forks over knives on Netflix

And summary if how it all works :
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/08/19/heart.attack.proof.diet/index.html

17. Re: Woman Tries to Get a Free Ride Feb 26, 2018, 17:36 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 14:19:
I have to say, I always thought you'd have to be a bit crazy to be an Uber driver. Despite the fact I know someone who I consider very reasonable and stable having done it because he enjoyed interacting with people he didn't previously know. Isn't the pay equivalent to a minimum wage job at best, except rare situations?

Well crazy or not, it baffles me as well. Pay is shit, danger is trough the roof and then you get problems like the vid... It's imo only worth it if you just wanna spend some time driving people around, with all the dangers that entails in the US

At least here in Germany Uber has to pay proper wages and taxes, and thus the fare is comparable to taxis in every way.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2018, 16:19 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 14:59:
Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 12:54:
I'm down with the summer games, but the winter games? Bleh. Fuck winter. I did watch a bit of the biathalon and bobsledding however.
You're so not a Canadian. You should just move to California already. I think Bobbob has a room made up for you already.

I love Californy but I don't know that I could ever live there. I'd be much more inclined to live in New Mexico or Arizona. Even Texas if it wasn't for the politics.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2018, 14:59 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 12:54:
I'm down with the summer games, but the winter games? Bleh. Fuck winter. I did watch a bit of the biathalon and bobsledding however.
You're so not a Canadian. You should just move to California already. I think Bobbob has a room made up for you already.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2018, 14:57 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 12:45:
I don't know how or why but I ended up watching fucking curling this time hahah. Oh well it was a good excuse to drink.

All those buff curlers are way easy on the eyes due to all the banned substances they are pounding, so it's hard to blame you.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

13. Re: Woman Tries to Get a Free Ride Feb 26, 2018, 14:19 Mr. Tact

I have to say, I always thought you'd have to be a bit crazy to be an Uber driver. Despite the fact I know someone who I consider very reasonable and stable having done it because he enjoyed interacting with people he didn't previously know. Isn't the pay equivalent to a minimum wage job at best, except rare situations?  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2018, 13:53 RedEye9

Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 13:41:

Damage was already done from carrying it around for so long though. Same thing happened to my next door neighbor back in August. He lost 70lbs after the doctors told him it was do or die time. He was looking great, he said he was feeling great, than boom!
then boom what
got some of that great free cannuck healthcare, he died, got stints, joined the black eyed peas?

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2018, 13:41 Cutter

Damage was already done from carrying it around for so long though. Same thing happened to my next door neighbor back in August. He lost 70lbs after the doctors told him it was do or die time. He was looking great, he said he was feeling great, than boom!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2018, 13:34 Mr. Tact

Don't know, but even if he did it is fairly common for people who lose significant weight to regain it...

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2018, 13:18 Pigeon

I don't watch regular TV anymore, and when I turn my TV on it goes to a home screen rather than a channel. So the chances I'll start watching something like the Olympics are pretty close to zero, unless I specifically want to watch it. I did turn it on for a little bit, watched the US beat Canada at curling and that was about all I cared to watch. It's at least comforting to know that I'm in good enough physical shape to compete for Olympic gold in at least one competition. And it really makes me wonder why someone (a Russian) was taking a PED for the sport...  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2018, 12:54 Cutter

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2018, 12:45 Verno

I don't know how or why but I ended up watching fucking curling this time hahah. Oh well it was a good excuse to drink.  

Playing: Control, Total War Warhammer 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses
Watching: Joan Red, The Dark Matter of Love, Three Kingdoms

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2018, 11:56 afka Rossini

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 11:23:
This never gets old.
Supreme Court Snubs tRump in 'Dreamers' case

Wasn't congress supposed to do something about DACA in exchange for extending government funding? I guess good ol' Mitch McConnell is back to doing what he does best.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2018, 11:53 afka Rossini

I enjoy the Olympics and World Cup. They're the sports equivalent of a palette cleanser before we get into the meat and potatoes of NFL, March Madness, etc.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2018, 11:28 Killer Kane

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2018, 11:23 RedEye9

This never gets old.
Supreme Court Snubs tRump in 'Dreamers' case

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2018, 10:39 Mr. Tact

I wouldn't bet money on it.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2018, 10:37 RedEye9

Maybe Kevin will look in the mirror and start taking better care of himself.
There's more to life than bon bons and bong hits.

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo