Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax

The Providence Journal reports proposed legislation that would impose a tax on M-rated ("violent") video games to pay for mental health and counseling resources for Rhode Island schools. Here is the story, where Rep. Robert Nardolillo III (R) cites evidence we're not familiar with:

Rep. Robert Nardolillo III, R–Coventry, will introduce legislation to increase mental health and counseling resources in schools by implementing a tax on video games rated mature or higher.

“There is evidence that children exposed to violent video games at a young age tend to act more aggressively than those who are not,” Nardolillo said in a statement. “This bill would give schools the additional resources needed to help students deal with that aggression in a positive way.”

Because states cannot ban the sale of certain video games to minors, Nardolillo’s proposal would allocate money to counteract the aggression they may cause. The legislation would levy an additional 10-percent sales tax to video games sold in Rhode Island with a rating of “M” or higher.

Revenue generated by this tax would then be placed in a special account for school districts to use to pay for counseling, mental health programs, and other conflict-resolution activities.

“Our goal is to make every school in Rhode Island a safe and calm place for students to learn,” he said. “By offering children resources to manage their aggression today, we can ensure a more peaceful tomorrow.”

View
68 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

68. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 24, 2018, 12:05 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 17:09:
Beamer wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 14:46:
NicklePop wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 14:23:
Beamer wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 13:48:

Yup, Australia and the UK, those Marxist nations.

You realize you're completely out of step with reality, right? You probably think Pizzagate was real.

Have you read Marx?

Regardless, repeating pattern: not an argument.

Ad hominem fallacy.

Fallacy fallacy. Pointing out fallacies isn't an argument. You also seem to think I'm trying to debate you, and convince you of something, or "win." I'm doing none of those. You're a true believer, and true believers don't change, or respond to strong, well laid argument.
I've studied Marx, not read him. I'm reading you. To ad hom, you seem the type to expressly believe things that are fringe, which is also odd, as you believe in Jesus, which is not at all fringe. Basically, you seem fairly malleable.

Why Do Some People Believe in Conspiracy Theories?
Conspiracy Theories; Who Believes Them, and Why?

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

67. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 23, 2018, 17:09 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 14:46:

You realize you're completely out of step with reality, right? You probably think Pizzagate was real.

Have you read Marx?

Ad hominem fallacy.

Fallacy fallacy. Pointing out fallacies isn't an argument. You also seem to think I'm trying to debate you, and convince you of something, or "win." I'm doing none of those. You're a true believer, and true believers don't change, or respond to strong, well laid argument.
I've studied Marx, not read him. I'm reading you. To ad hom, you seem the type to expressly believe things that are fringe, which is also odd, as you believe in Jesus, which is not at all fringe. Basically, you seem fairly malleable.

Why Do Some People Believe in Conspiracy Theories?

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

66. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 23, 2018, 13:57 jdreyer

PHJF wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 12:48:
1) Yes, guns IN THE HANDS OF SOLDIERS (you seem to respond to caps) protect us from fascist regimes.

The fact he thinks he is at risk of a fascist regime change speaks more to his lack of sanity (no doubt caused by Rush and whatshisface, that insane manic frogfucking guy). These people can't be reasoned with no matter how hard one tries, and for some reason we keep trying.

If Trump being elected didn't cause the rational and better part of our nation not to spark a violent regime change, nothing will. You know why it didn't? Do you know why the rational and better part of our country lets that giant orange fuckup continually diminish the US? Because of respect for constitutional democracy. Because I'm not some insane moron cowering with a horde of firearms expecting "the gubment" to come take my life and liberty away.

I think the fact that people haven't resorted to violent regime change shows the faith in our system. While the US government system is far from perfect, it has shown resilience to Trump's worst impulses. People know that if they vote him out, he will step down and there will be a peaceful transition of power.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

65. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 23, 2018, 13:51 jdreyer

NicklePop wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 12:35:
Fear anyone who wants to repeal the right to defend yourself.

They are the agents of the coming genocide.

A pattern well established in the 1900s.

Atheism + gun control = genocide; to reject this formula is to reject logic, reason, and the data-set pattern well established.

Europe has both gun control and rampant atheism. Where's the genocide? I have, gee, the have fewer gun deaths, greater longevity, and score higher on happiness and satisfaction surveys than the US. Maybe they are on to something.

64. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 22, 2018, 21:49 RedEye9

tRump Furious After Twitter’s Bot Purge Leaves Him with Fourteen Followers
This stuff rights writes itself.

63. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 22, 2018, 21:17 RedEye9

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 17:42:
I just added you as well to my ignore script.
For you folks keeping score at home
Beamer 1
Muscular Beaver 0

Beamer wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 19:46:
1) Yes, guns IN THE HANDS OF SOLDIERS (you seem to respond to caps) protect us from fascist regimes.

The fact he thinks he is at risk of a fascist regime change speaks more to his lack of sanity (no doubt caused by Rush and whatshisface, that insane manic frogfucking guy). These people can't be reasoned with no matter how hard one tries, and for some reason we keep trying.

If Trump being elected didn't cause the rational and better part of our nation not to spark a violent regime change, nothing will. You know why it didn't? Do you know why the rational and better part of our country lets that giant orange fuckup continually diminish the US? Because of respect for constitutional democracy. Because I'm not some insane moron cowering with a horde of firearms expecting "the gubment" to come take my life and liberty away.

Last I checked many of you snip

What makes you think I'm not doing the same?
The difference between you and I is that I do not claim a need to call 14 year olds "fags" in order to not be physically violent.

You do. Please. Seek a professional to talk to.

62. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 22, 2018, 19:46 Beamer

Last I checked many of you are trying to overthrow him with lies and ad hominem attacks, while crying about him lying and doing ad hominem attacks. And they even admit it, because they think the end justifies the means. Every day. They cry about democracy all the time, and not only in this instance. They use fascist methods already to get their will. Every day. Just look at Beamer. He thinks I am a hypocrite, while not realizing I am only measuring him on his own values, the ones he repeats all the time and throws on peoples heads to feel superior. He doesnt realize I dont claim that I have those values. I am just exposing his dishonesty and hypocrisy... and yours. And instead of you guys thinking about it and checking the facts, you just deny everything, and try to explain it to yourself with laughable excuses, because deep down you know you dont want to be proven wrong.
I could go deep into the psychological means now, but you guys have already shown that you dont care about facts and feel cozy in your denial. I have already wasted enough time.

I would suggest you read some history (not only American), so you realize how easily and quickly that can happen, and how it was in the Soviet Union, Nazi Germany or the GDR or right now in North Korea. Its all very well documented, for example how they tried to lull the public with their moral superiority, yet were easily exposed EXACTLY like you guys are right now. But you chose to ignore it all. Why? That makes no sense, unless you want it to return.

Do you know the saying the price of freedom is eternal vigilance? Do you think some insane retard made it up? No, dont answer it, I just added you as well to my ignore script. The proud #2 in 16 years. Grats.

What makes you think I'm not doing the same?
The difference between you and I is that I do not claim a need to call 14 year olds "fags" in order to not be physically violent.

You do. Please. Seek a professional to talk to.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

61. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 22, 2018, 18:10 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 09:52:
PHJF wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 09:30:
I think it was some time recent when someone drove his truck into a crowd of people.

I CAN'T DRIVE A GLOCK 9 TO WORK, CAN I?

YOU SEE, ONE SERVES A UTILITARIAN PURPOSE TO MILLIONS OF AMERICANS EVERY DAY.

ONE SERVES NO PURPOSE EXCEPT TO EASILY KILL THINGS.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND? DO YOU HAVE ANY BRAIN POWER AT ALL? DOES CAPS HELP?

No, but I could drive an M1 Abrams to work. Let's start selling those to civilians!
Also, it's fun to read your post in Farnesworth's voice.

Not selling me an Abrams tank infringes on my second amendment rights.

60. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 22, 2018, 17:42 Muscular Beaver

Last I checked many of you are trying to overthrow him with lies and ad hominem attacks, while crying about him lying and doing ad hominem attacks. And they even admit it, because they think the end justifies the means. Every day. They cry about democracy all the time, and not only in this instance. They use fascist methods already to get their will. Every day. Just look at Beamer. He thinks I am a hypocrite, while not realizing I am only measuring him on his own values, the ones he repeats all the time and throws on peoples heads to feel superior. He doesnt realize I dont claim that I have those values. I am just exposing his dishonesty and hypocrisy... and yours. And instead of you guys thinking about it and checking the facts, you just deny everything, and try to explain it to yourself with laughable excuses, because deep down you know you dont want to be proven wrong.
I could go deep into the psychological means now, but you guys have already shown that you dont care about facts and feel cozy in your denial. I have already wasted enough time.

I would suggest you read some history (not only American), so you realize how easily and quickly that can happen, and how it was in the Soviet Union, Nazi Germany or the GDR or right now in North Korea. Its all very well documented, for example how they tried to lull the public with their moral superiority, yet were easily exposed EXACTLY like you guys are right now. But you chose to ignore it all. Why? That makes no sense, unless you want it to return.

Do you know the saying the price of freedom is eternal vigilance? Do you think some insane retard made it up? No, dont answer it, I just added you as well to my ignore script. The proud #2 in 16 years. Grats.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

59. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 22, 2018, 14:46 Beamer

Have you read Marx?

Ad hominem fallacy.

-------------

58. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 22, 2018, 14:23 NicklePop

Have you read Marx?

Ad hominem fallacy.

57. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 22, 2018, 14:04 Creston

PHJF wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 09:30:
I think it was some time recent when someone drove his truck into a crowd of people.

I CAN'T DRIVE A GLOCK 9 TO WORK, CAN I?

YOU SEE, ONE SERVES A UTILITARIAN PURPOSE TO MILLIONS OF AMERICANS EVERY DAY.

ONE SERVES NO PURPOSE EXCEPT TO EASILY KILL THINGS.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND? DO YOU HAVE ANY BRAIN POWER AT ALL? DOES CAPS HELP?

I read this in Cartman's voice, which made it really quite funny.

56. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 22, 2018, 13:49 Beamer

NicklePop wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 12:53:

Is your argument "you can trust state power"?

Given the history of man, how can you make that claim?

Are you aware that conspiracy moves history?

Reichstag, burning of Rome, Bay of Pigs, Vietnam, "yellow cake", as examples *most* people are aware of.

Democrat-Redditors seem incapable of having a discussion about reality without ad hominem fallacy.

"I'm not going to address your argument, it's wrong because you're dumb"

Mind blowing! Very creepy about what this portends.

If someone tells you that you're dumb, they may have a problem. If everyone tells you you're dumb, at some point you should wonder if it's less a them problem and more a you problem.

-------------

55. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 22, 2018, 13:48 Beamer

NicklePop wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 12:38:
Saboth wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 12:37:

Have there been many genocides in other first world nations since they banned guns? How do these people defend themselves?

The pattern initiates with economic / social collapse; we're on the verge.

What happened in the Marx-influenced nations will happen here within ~30 years.

(deducing from the data-set, no set "rules", just patterns)

The "state power as the solution" crowd currently represented by the Democrat-Redditor worldview is gaining traction.

The new Leninists.

The Pattern

-------------

54. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 22, 2018, 12:53 NicklePop

Is your argument "you can trust state power"?

Given the history of man, how can you make that claim?

Are you aware that conspiracy moves history?

Reichstag, burning of Rome, Bay of Pigs, Vietnam, "yellow cake", as examples *most* people are aware of.

Democrat-Redditors seem incapable of having a discussion about reality without ad hominem fallacy.

"I'm not going to address your argument, it's wrong because you're dumb"

Mind blowing! Very creepy about what this portends.

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 2018, 13:06.

53. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 22, 2018, 12:48 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

52. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 22, 2018, 12:40 Verno

Dumb idea for a tax and game makers would find easy ways around this like Hollywood has with the comic book era and PG13. I'm not exactly confident that RI will really use the money effectively either.  

Playing: Link's Awakening, Control, Total War Warhammer 2
Watching: Mr. Mercedes, Hobbs & Shaw, Castle Rock

51. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 22, 2018, 12:38 NicklePop

Saboth wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 12:37:

Have there been many genocides in other first world nations since they banned guns? How do these people defend themselves?

The pattern initiates with economic / social collapse; we're on the verge.

What happened in the Marx-influenced nations will happen here within ~30 years.

(deducing from the data-set, no set "rules", just patterns)

The "state power as the solution" crowd currently represented by the Democrat-Redditor worldview is gaining traction.

The new Leninists.

The Pattern

50. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 22, 2018, 12:37 Saboth

49. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 22, 2018, 12:35 NicklePop

Atheism + gun control = genocide; to reject this formula is to reject logic, reason, and the data-set pattern well established.

68 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo