Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Metaverse

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 17, 2018, 10:47 Mr. Tact

So, are you saying the negotiators were incompetent? Under the influence of whichever industries "won" in the treaty, or what?

Okay, "charming" isn't necessary a requirement for a good president, you got me. But you know what, I'll take it over someone who likes insulting people over Twitter any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 17, 2018, 10:13 djinn

"You know what, I'll admit I don't know jack about what is in the TPP."

"But to think it was a "horrific agreement" means you think either the US negotiators were incompetent or traitors."

Admitting you know nothing about it, yet have strong talking points for it means you're responding emotionally, not rationally.

"He was articulate, intelligent, and charming."

Which automatically means he is good right?

I could go on, but it's clear your emotional response wont make the discussion any more valuable to continue. eg. Automatically assuming knowledge, political affiliation or who a person listens to or reads (you were wrong on all points by the way).

Always be aware of you're own emotional reactions, as in the end they'll only weaken your argument.

12. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 17, 2018, 09:00 Mr. Tact

You know what, I'll admit I don't know jack about what is in the TPP. But I'd be willing to guess neither do you. It is likely you are simply repeating a talking point you heard from Rush or read on Breitbart. Treaties like that are complicated, and I have little doubt there was some bad in with the good. But to think it was a "horrific agreement" means you think either the US negotiators were incompetent or traitors. And while one of those being true is not outside the realm of the possible, I don't find it reasonable to think or believe it.

No reasonable person thinks anyone is "the second coming", especially any politician. Obama was a very capable president. He was about as honest as politicians ever are, which is to say some of his statements turned out to be untrue. He was articulate, intelligent, and charming. On the other hand, Trump is a nihilistic narcissist and a pathological liar. He is also at a minimum a borderline racist, probably mostly due to his upbringing by an openly racist father. He isn't a genocidal maniac. Although his rhetoric is so over the top, some might wonder if he wants to be.

So yeah, Obama wasn't perfect and Trump isn't Hitler. I can agree with that.

11. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 16, 2018, 23:59 djinn

TPP was a trojan horse on sovereign government. It was a horrific agreement where any positives were nullified overwhelmingly by its negatives.

My point is Obama isn't the second coming people thought he was and Trump is far from the Hitler many people claim him to be.

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 16, 2018, 19:28 Mr. Tact

Actually, the worst damage is in the Judiciary -- the appointment of judges from the far right who will be causing damage for a generation to come. If you ever thought the courts were a little too corporation friendly, you ain't seen nothing yet.

And that's not even considering the SCOTUS seat the GOP stole, although McConnell not Trump gets the credit for that.

9. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 16, 2018, 18:34 Saboth

djinn wrote on Feb 16, 2018, 09:44:
ventry wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 20:29:
So, is this "impeachment" following the same timeline as those nukes I am to be expecting??

Keep crying it's amusing.

Always thought that was amusing. As if there was a big red button for nukes on the presidents table and these people imagining he'd stroll right in and press it nonchalantly.

Many complain about Trump but yet ignore some of the worst from Obama eg. endorsing the TPP which Trump withdrew from. Unfortunately the hive mind takes over and ends up causing some people to ignore truth.

The TPP had benefits and negatives. Much of what Trump has done has nothing but negatives. Disrupting travel, tax cuts for the rich, exploding the deficit, wasting money on the military, cracking down on legal pot, disrupting industries which rely on immigrant labor, ripping families apart, filling his administration with lobbyists and profiteers, destroying bonds with world allies, destroying Net Neutrality, disrupting the insurance markets and causing premiums to rise, attacking our press and democratic institutions, attacking our law enforcement agencies, attacking our judicial system. Hell, Trump's first year in office has been more damaging to the country than probably the last 16, and he's hardly passed any legislation yet.

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 16, 2018, 18:03 ventry

NKD wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 22:21:
Australians, since they seem to be big Trump Democracy fans.

Fixed it for ya.

You can't cancel democracy just because you don't get the result you want.

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 16, 2018, 09:44 djinn

ventry wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 20:29:
So, is this "impeachment" following the same timeline as those nukes I am to be expecting??

Always thought that was amusing. As if there was a big red button for nukes on the presidents table and these people imagining he'd stroll right in and press it nonchalantly.

Many complain about Trump but yet ignore some of the worst from Obama eg. endorsing the TPP which Trump withdrew from. Unfortunately the hive mind takes over and ends up causing some people to ignore truth.

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 2018, 10:43.

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 16, 2018, 04:55 eRe4s3r

I thought Trump was all about lowering taxes? Oh right, only for the rich, and apparently, Australians, since they seem to be big Trump fans.

Don't be absurd, politicians never do what they say, they are only skilled at lying, otherwise they wouldn't become elected.

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 15, 2018, 23:16 RedEye9

I thought Trump was all about lowering taxes? Oh right, only for the rich, and apparently, Australians, since they seem to be big Trump fans.
Poor fools got a drumpf of their own Sex Scandal Is Threatening Australia’s Governing Coalition

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 15, 2018, 22:21 NKD

I keep warning you. Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you. Humans are too fucking stupid to listen.

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 15, 2018, 20:35 Saboth

Of course Trump does. Online sales tax is highly regressive. It affects the 99%, not the 1%. He's intent on taxing the poor and middle class to the max, cutting all public programs, and moving as much wealth as possible to the top. It's not bad enough 15% of the country now owns 85% of the wealth. The GOP won't rest until it's 100%. The economy is already starting to falter and Trump is trying to levy tariffs and taxes that will crush consumer buying power. The man has no idea how the economy works.  

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 15, 2018, 20:29 ventry

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 15, 2018, 19:30 RedEye9

The sales tax free ride was bound to end sooner or later. At least now it can be blamed on a soon to be impeached gop prez.

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo