Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Legal Briefs

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 16, 2018, 12:26 Nullity

EDIT: nevermind  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 15, 2018, 23:23 Mr. Tact

I was thinking about monetary gain, but yeah, obviously it could be used politically. Which is why they shouldn't get it....  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 15, 2018, 23:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 20:41:
Pardon me for being dense... what advantage is the telco gaining if they get this ability/power? I'm not saying they should have it, it seems totally invalid and I see no reason they should have it. I just don't understand why they "really" want it. Are they simply going to block sites unless they pay up to be carried on their networks?

That's just it, they will block whoever the hell they want to, whether they blame it on Piracy or indecent content or whatever. That is a ridiculously powerful ability, do you see? The advantage is a huge leap in control of anything that might be slightly critical in any way to whatever cause/politician/business various ISP CEOs might favor that week.

4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 15, 2018, 20:41 Mr. Tact

Pardon me for being dense... what advantage is the telco gaining if they get this ability/power? I'm not saying they should have it, it seems totally invalid and I see no reason they should have it. I just don't understand why they "really" want it. Are they simply going to block sites unless they pay up to be carried on their networks?  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 15, 2018, 20:39 Saboth

Out of all of the scum Trump's filled his administration with, Ajit Pai and Betsy DeVos are the cream of the slime crop. Just pure lobbyist deplorables that work entirely for their respective industries against the will and well being of American citizens.

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 15, 2018, 20:24 Simon Says

That SOPA canada... Just left a comment at the CRTC, my local representative and Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development.

I invite all the other Canadians here to do the same.

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 15, 2018, 19:27 RedEye9

I refuse to believe in this smear campaign against Ajit.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo