Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

Link of the Day: Final Trailer: "Ready Player One." Thanks Ant.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Feb 16, 2018, 03:43 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Feb 16, 2018, 02:29:
I liked the book, but it was written for me and my specific experiences of growing up in the 70s and 80s ( a 2112 planet?? Hell yah!).
Also grewing up in this decade ... i found the book was trying too hard on nostalgia. Or i am tired of nostalgia. Which is probably the case. Yeah, 70s, 80s, big deal! *yawn*

"Stranger Things" on the other hand, was quite good because it wasnt trying to push THIS IS THE 80s!! LIKE IT!!!! in my face all the time. They just showed the 80s.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Into the Black Feb 16, 2018, 02:29 jdreyer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 22:30:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 19:36:
I think Black Panther and RPO are going on the "wait for dvd" stack.

Black Panther? Really? That movie looks like it's going to be excellent, I'll probably get to see it by Monday or so.

RPO, the book was somewhat mediocre, the movie looks worse, so you're probably right about that.

I liked the book, but it was written for me and my specific experiences of growing up in the 70s and 80s ( a 2112 planet?? Hell yah!). I don't see how it translates well into a movie, but Spielberg movies are always fun, so I'll see what the reviews say. The love interest is definitely pixie manic dream girl stuff, so hopefully they change that up a bit.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

2. Re: Into the Black Feb 15, 2018, 22:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 19:36:

Black Panther? Really? That movie looks like it's going to be excellent, I'll probably get to see it by Monday or so.

RPO, the book was somewhat mediocre, the movie looks worse, so you're probably right about that.

1. Re: Into the Black Feb 15, 2018, 19:36 RedEye9

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
"Nullity's Law"
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo