Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Get Dead Space for Free

The Origin On the House Page announces that Dead Space is the latest free game offered through EA's giveaway program. All that's required is an Origin account, and once downloaded, the game is yours to keep. It's been almost 10 years since this was first released, so here's a refresher:

You are Isaac Clarke, an engineer on the spacecraft USG Ishimura. You're not a warrior. You're not a soldier. You are, however, the last line of defense between the remaining living crew and deadly reanimated corpses. The undead have become Necromorphs; horrific zombie-alien hybrids that won't succumb to traditional means. Fortunately, your offense is equally unique, as the high-powered mining tools at your disposal provide the means to fight against the threat.

Game Features:
Messy monster slaying. The Necromorphs are unlike any enemies you've seen before. Headshots do about as much damage to them as flicking rubber bands. To survive, you'll need to dismember their insect-like limbs, one at a time.

Improvised weapons. There aren't many traditional firearms aboard the Ishimura, but there's plenty of stopping power in Isaac's toolkit. Send horizontal or vertical blasts of energy at enemies with the Plasma Cutter, remotely control a high-speed sawblade with the Disc Ripper, and fill hallways with wide swaths of destruction with the Line Gun. Switch things up with alternate fire modes, and purchase upgrades to increase ammo, power, and reload speed.

Real-time attacks. Whatever you do, don’t drop your guard. Everything takes place in real-time. That means any action you take, whether it be reloading or digging through your inventory, gives the Necromorphs a perfect opportunity to attack. This nightmare has just begun and it’s up to get to the bottom of what happened here.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 14, 2018, 09:43 Prez

mag wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 00:18:
Simon Says wrote on Feb 13, 2018, 20:54:
Have they fixed the laggy targeting after release or was this drunken stupor sluggishness "working as intended"? It completely killed the game for me in 5 minutes flat.

I think the major thing you needed to do was disable vsync in game, and then force-enable it in the drivers. Something like that. Still no fix for the shitty fov or that having a controller or joystick plugged in completely broke the controls.

Admittedly the default FOV was nauseating but a quick .ini file line modification and I was able to play at 100 FOV. I used mouse and keyboard and it was a great experience.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 14, 2018, 04:54 Flo

ItBurn wrote on Feb 13, 2018, 23:44:
The PC port is absolutely atrocious. Skip.
No it's not, it even supports 21:9 resolutions out of the box! Played through it just recently with an Xbox One controller.

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

14. Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 14, 2018, 03:18 PacoTaco

Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 13, 2018, 21:09 Prez

Is this in celebration of how EA ruined the series with their stupidity and greed or how they forced Visceral to destroy their once great game then murdered them when Dead Space 3 was a flop because of its cash-grabbing cynicism?

Okay I know it's bad form to complain in a thread about a publisher giving out a free game, but... FUCK EA.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Forced? The people that did DS 3 were people trying to continue something they never built and were not the most talented people in the studio. All the talent on that team left to Sledgehammer.

This comment was edited on Feb 14, 2018, 05:19.

13. Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 14, 2018, 03:17 PacoTaco

(cant delete) see second post.  

12. Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 14, 2018, 01:45 StingingVelvet

ItBurn wrote on Feb 13, 2018, 23:44:

Oh bullshit. It takes like a minute to fix the mouse aim and then it plays just fine. Looks great. Anyone should grab this.

11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 14, 2018, 01:00 Blackhawk

This was their 'On the House' game once before.  

10. Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 14, 2018, 00:42 Sempai

Best fucking game ever.

Definitely use some good cans on your head for this one.

Fantastic audio.

9. Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 14, 2018, 00:18 mag

Simon Says wrote on Feb 13, 2018, 20:54:
Have they fixed the laggy targeting after release or was this drunken stupor sluggishness "working as intended"? It completely killed the game for me in 5 minutes flat.

I think the major thing you needed to do was disable vsync in game, and then force-enable it in the drivers. Something like that. Still no fix for the shitty fov or that having a controller or joystick plugged in completely broke the controls.

8. Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 14, 2018, 00:01 necrosis

Was this the game they said they were not going to release DLC on PC that consoles got... then people found by DAT mining and was able to unlock the weapons by a save game hack?  

7. Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 13, 2018, 23:44 ItBurn

6. Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 13, 2018, 22:47 StingingVelvet

Great game once you fix the mouse issues. Dead Space 2 is even better.  

5. Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 13, 2018, 21:54 Turd Ferguson

DS1 was pretty cool from what I remember, no fpv was a bit of a deal breaker, nevertheless, it was worth playing, even if it was just for the death scenes.

Anybody seen Dead Space: Downfall?

4. Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 13, 2018, 21:13 RedEye9

If you have issues with the game here are the cures
https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dead_Space

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
"Nullity's Law"
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth

3. Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 13, 2018, 21:09 Prez

Is this in celebration of how EA ruined the series with their stupidity and greed or how they forced Visceral to destroy their once great game then murdered them when Dead Space 3 was a flop because of its cash-grabbing cynicism?

Okay I know it's bad form to complain in a thread about a publisher giving out a free game, but... FUCK EA.

- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 13, 2018, 20:54 Simon Says

1. Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 13, 2018, 20:19 RedEye9

This is one of my favorites.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
"Nullity's Law"
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo