Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is now available on Steam, offering an open-world RPG for Windows. Those with Tobii Eye Tracking or an interest in the technology can check out this post for details on the game's eye-tracking support. Here's a rundown on the game:
You're Henry, the son of a blacksmith. Thrust into a raging civil war, you watch helplessly as invaders storm your village and slaughter your friends and family. Narrowly escaping the brutal attack, you grab your sword to fight back. Avenge the death of your parents and help repel the invading forces!

Story:
Bohemia located in the heart of Europe, the region is rich in culture, silver, and sprawling castles. The death of its beloved ruler, Emperor Charles IV, has plunged the kingdom into dark times: war, corruption, and discord are tearing this jewel of the Holy Roman Empire apart.
One of Charles' sons, Wenceslas, has inherited the crown. Unlike his father, Wenceslas is a naive, self-indulgent, unambitious monarch. His half-brother and King of Hungary, Sigismund the Red Fox, senses weakness in Wenceslas. Feigning good will, Sigismund travels to Bohemia and kidnaps his half-brother. With no king on the throne, Sigismund is now free to plunder Bohemia and seize its riches.

In the midst of this chaos, you're Henry, the son of a blacksmith. Your peaceful life is shattered when a mercenary raid, ordered by King Sigismund himself, burns your village to the ground. By bittersweet fortune, you are one of the few survivors of this massacre.

Without a home, family, or future you end up in the service of Lord Radzig Kobyla, who is forming a resistance against the invasion. Fate drags you into this bloody conflict and shoves you into a raging civil war, where you help fight for the future of Bohemia.

Features:

• Massive realistic open world: Majestic castles, vast fields, all rendered in stunning high-end graphics.
  • Non-linear story: Solve quests in multiple ways, then face the consequences of your decisions.
  • Challenging combat: Distance, stealth, or melee. Choose your weapons and execute dozens of unique combos in battles that are as thrilling as they are merciless.
  • Character development: Improve your skills, earn new perks, and forge and upgrade your equipment.
  • Dynamic world: Your actions influence the reactions of the people around you. Fight, steal, seduce, threaten, persuade, or bribe. Its all up to you.
  • Historical accuracy: Meet real historical characters and experience the genuine look and feel of medieval Bohemia.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

8. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 14, 2018, 02:02 StingingVelvet

Waiting for GOG version in a couple weeks. Games like this are going to get more and more rare, so I want to support them.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 14, 2018, 00:18 Task

Wolfenstein II: 16k
Resident Evil 7: 18k
ELEX: 23k
Prey: 25k
Kingdom Come: Deliverance: 68k
Total Warhammer II: 72k
Divinity: Original Sin II: 93k
PUBG: 3236k

Pretty impressive for a first time Indie title going all in on 'aaa'-RPG vibe. Probably because there really isn't much like this setting on the market with more realistic mechanics (or trying to pass as that anyways). It seems like once the quirks/kinks are worked out (apparently there will be another patch in 2 weeks), this seems like one of those European Cult Classic RPG scenarios. Thinking back to the days of things like Gothic 1 and Witcher 1 then inspired by that.

Man it would be sweet if they made the next game, if this does well, and transported the setting further back to Magna Germania or 8th Century England during the Viking Invasions. There's some definite possibilities for this type of game, if it does pretty well for them, with the more niche historical simulation game this is trying to be.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

6. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 13, 2018, 23:56 eRe4s3r

KezClone wrote on Feb 13, 2018, 22:54:
FLEEING is a valid tactic.

So it actually IS historical accurate then, most fights ended with 1 party fleeing, not with 1 party dead.

5. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 13, 2018, 23:15 Ozmodan

Will probably give this a try once they iron out all the bugs and steam gets a new build.  

4. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 13, 2018, 22:54 KezClone

Haven't personally run into any bugs yet. Says I put 7 hours in today and it doesn't feel like it. I'm LOVING it.

Storyline is great so far. I played a couple hours, got sucked in and suddenly the words "Warhorse Studios" pops up and I realized that was just the intro!

Combat is different--challenging. I haven't seen anyone else's reviews but I imagine some don't like the sluggishness of early combat (when your skills SUCK). Takes some getting used to and, remember, FLEEING is a valid tactic.

3. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 13, 2018, 21:47 1badmf

once they iron out the bugs ima give this a whirl. there's never been much in the way of medieval RPGs and the time period has always really appealed to me. supposedly the story and main character are really done well, just technical bugs that hold the game back.  

2. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 13, 2018, 20:58 Cutter

Seeing a lot of mixed reviews.  

1. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 13, 2018, 20:28 jdreyer

* crickets *  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >