Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is now available on Steam, offering an open-world RPG for Windows. Those with Tobii Eye Tracking or an interest in the technology can check out this post for details on the game's eye-tracking support. Here's a rundown on the game:

You're Henry, the son of a blacksmith. Thrust into a raging civil war, you watch helplessly as invaders storm your village and slaughter your friends and family. Narrowly escaping the brutal attack, you grab your sword to fight back. Avenge the death of your parents and help repel the invading forces!

Story:
Bohemia Ė located in the heart of Europe, the region is rich in culture, silver, and sprawling castles. The death of its beloved ruler, Emperor Charles IV, has plunged the kingdom into dark times: war, corruption, and discord are tearing this jewel of the Holy Roman Empire apart.
One of Charles' sons, Wenceslas, has inherited the crown. Unlike his father, Wenceslas is a naive, self-indulgent, unambitious monarch. His half-brother and King of Hungary, Sigismund the Red Fox, senses weakness in Wenceslas. Feigning good will, Sigismund travels to Bohemia and kidnaps his half-brother. With no king on the throne, Sigismund is now free to plunder Bohemia and seize its riches.

In the midst of this chaos, you're Henry, the son of a blacksmith. Your peaceful life is shattered when a mercenary raid, ordered by King Sigismund himself, burns your village to the ground. By bittersweet fortune, you are one of the few survivors of this massacre.

Without a home, family, or future you end up in the service of Lord Radzig Kobyla, who is forming a resistance against the invasion. Fate drags you into this bloody conflict and shoves you into a raging civil war, where you help fight for the future of Bohemia.

Features:

• Massive realistic open world: Majestic castles, vast fields, all rendered in stunning high-end graphics.
  • Non-linear story: Solve quests in multiple ways, then face the consequences of your decisions.
  • Challenging combat: Distance, stealth, or melee. Choose your weapons and execute dozens of unique combos in battles that are as thrilling as they are merciless.
  • Character development: Improve your skills, earn new perks, and forge and upgrade your equipment.
  • Dynamic world: Your actions influence the reactions of the people around you. Fight, steal, seduce, threaten, persuade, or bribe. Itís all up to you.
  • Historical accuracy: Meet real historical characters and experience the genuine look and feel of medieval Bohemia.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 15, 2018, 04:03 Numinar

Steele Johnson wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 01:38:
Itís one of those games that will be a pleasure to play in about a year when all the nasty bugs and annoyances are fixed, with the added bonus of it being $12 on a Steam sale.

Granted I've only done the opening part of the game, but it looks and runs fine on my 390x at 1440p. 30-45 fps, with most stuff turned up fairly high.

Maybe there was a patch or something? I only started this last night.

Feels fresh. I don't think it's like Fallout/Skyrim with Bethesda's patented "Something interesting every 200 meters" design. Seems a bit more sparse than that, but I think they are going for a bit more of a conservative feel here. I think killing someone might be a big deal, as I haven't managed it yet. I did choke out a sleeping guy who had previously whooped my ass in a fist fight and took his stuff to pay off a debt. But all the soldiers I've tried to kill have thrashed me with their training and armor.

And yeah, surprisingly no bugs yet. No crashes, no nasty frame dropping, no floating NPC's or objects. Kind of weird for a game of this scale. Hope all that polish doesn't run out once you leave the starting areas.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 15, 2018, 01:38 Steele Johnson

Itís one of those games that will be a pleasure to play in about a year when all the nasty bugs and annoyances are fixed, with the added bonus of it being $12 on a Steam sale.  

26. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 14, 2018, 23:11 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 18:45:
And yeah, I realize how much I sound like a shill or fanboy right now. But this is one of those games. Somehow, behind the silly bugs and performance issues, the purest of dev passion is bleeding through. I hate to see people not supporting these kind of devs. I know it's irrational, but fuck it.

Well, nothing wrong with liking a game and wanting to support crazy developers, I know I am like this with Nier: Automata

That said, the game would have to convince me on its own merits for me to buy it. And currently I got other stuff to play... We'll see how much they support it post release, seems it needs a TON of patches.

25. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 14, 2018, 20:40 Quboid

Quinn wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 18:40:
Quboid wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 18:14:
shiho wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 16:39:
Retired wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 13:53:
Been watching some Twitch vids - anyone know if this is Skyrim level epic amount of game? Not to happy about he 59.99 price tag - will be looking for a sale or a key store.

You are why we can't have nice things.

I also like value for money, sorry.

The problem with the stereotypical consumers in the gaming market, is that hype is what they consider value. With enough money behind their PR campaign, this game would've convinced you it'd be even better than The Witcher 3, having you biased during release and much more forgiving of any bug or performance issue.

If it made any real sense, I would dare you to play the first hour of this game and tell me to my face that this game isn't worth a few pathetic hours of a day's work.

I'd take you up on that. It could be something I would really enjoy, and be prepared to spend £40 on, but I'm not sure and the reaction has been mixed (but quite good for a niche game, to be fair). I'm with Kxmode, I'd buy it on Steam if it wasn't so buggy. I want to spend 2 hours figuring out if I like the game, not fighting bugs and re-playing parts because something went wrong and the save system is apparently bad (which IMHO is a major pest).

I'm going by the reaction, BTW. I've largely removed myself from hype; I don't look at previews or pre-release footage and frequently only hear about games (including this one) at around their release. I recommend this, there's little worth knowing about a game until it's independently played. Just bullshit and inflated expectations.

24. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 14, 2018, 19:09 Beamer

Quinn wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 18:40:
Been watching some Twitch vids - anyone know if this is Skyrim level epic amount of game? Not to happy about he 59.99 price tag - will be looking for a sale or a key store.

The problem with the stereotypical consumers in the gaming market, is that hype is what they consider value. With enough money behind their PR campaign, this game would've convinced you it'd be even better than The Witcher 3, having you biased during release and much more forgiving of any bug or performance issue.

If it made any real sense, I would dare you to play the first hour of this game and tell me to my face that this game isn't worth a few pathetic hours of a day's work.

How many hours do you have in to be this intense?
And do you really think marketing is the only thing propping up TW3?

I have zero interest in this game, partially because "realism" is a turnoff for me, and tied to it, because I don't like starting at the bottom. I like being a killing machine, which almost always flies in the face of realism. Most RPGs start you low, but still capable of dealing death to something. Everything I've read about this says it's a real climb up. Which appeals to lots of people, just not me.

Similar to why I hate horror survival, and why PUBG looks lame to me. I want to go out dealing death rapidly and powerfully. Games like this just aren't for me, no matter how competently made. Personal preference. By now, I know I just want blood.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

23. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 14, 2018, 18:45 Quinn

And yeah, I realize how much I sound like a shill or fanboy right now. But this is one of those games. Somehow, behind the silly bugs and performance issues, the purest of dev passion is bleeding through. I hate to see people not supporting these kind of devs. I know it's irrational, but fuck it.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

22. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 14, 2018, 18:40 Quinn

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

21. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 14, 2018, 18:39 Kxmode

Quinn wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 11:53:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 10:10:
Bought on Steam. 5 minutes of actual play time versus 45 minutes of dealing with setting shenanigans. The final straw for me was disabling motion blur (a 3 minute wait to reload) followed by no audio. Refunded. The game has lots of promises under a blanket of bugs.

I had none of that and in fact love the fact that the game renders the game anew when new settings are selected. I hate "You have to restart the game for some settings to take effect" bullshit.

The game could surely use some optimization, but it's not so bad for me as to even consider a refund. This game is quite literally the best game I've played since a long time. No game managed to immerse me like this game ever. Not even Subnautica.

I'm sad to see there was a last straw for Kxmode. These devs deserve our money.

I guess "last straw" is a bit too final. During the five minutes I played, I liked what I saw. Unfortunately, the issues wouldn't be fixed before my 2-hour refund window expired, and I don't know when the devs will get most of the glaring stuff patched up. So in the meanwhile, I'll put that $60 to other uses, like bills.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 ó Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

20. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 14, 2018, 18:14 Quboid

19. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 14, 2018, 16:39 shiho

18. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 14, 2018, 13:53 Retired

17. I lol'ed... Feb 14, 2018, 13:46 Jagacademy

Massive realistic open world...vast fields.  

16. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 14, 2018, 11:53 Quinn

Kxmode wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 10:10:
Bought on Steam. 5 minutes of actual play time versus 45 minutes of dealing with setting shenanigans. The final straw for me was disabling motion blur (a 3 minute wait to reload) followed by no audio. Refunded. The game has lots of promises under a blanket of bugs.

I had none of that and in fact love the fact that the game renders the game anew when new settings are selected. I hate "You have to restart the game for some settings to take effect" bullshit.

The game could surely use some optimization, but it's not so bad for me as to even consider a refund. This game is quite literally the best game I've played since a long time. No game managed to immerse me like this game ever. Not even Subnautica.

I'm sad to see there was a last straw for Kxmode. These devs deserve our money.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

15. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 14, 2018, 10:50 Tipsy McStagger

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 13, 2018, 10:59:
The reviews are all middle based, I'll link some hilarious tidbits:

I can fly
Morrowwind Stealth lol
Spinny Stab moves
HUNTING REIMAGINED LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN IT
Moonwalk

All that aside, a bunch of people are saying it's better than skyrims release for bugs.

Posted this yesterday.

Added today:
Liu Kang KICK!

14. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 14, 2018, 10:10 Kxmode

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 ó Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

13. Re: Open and empty... Feb 14, 2018, 09:46 Task

Jagacademy wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 09:13:
When I think of an "open world" game, I think of Elder Scrolls, Fallout, etc, where there is a lot to discover.

In other words games where you can let your brain go on auto-pilot, not much thought, little C&C, crafting and junk collecting, discovering skeletons in 'poses' that tell deep stories, etc. Since you know, Bethesda - Bethesda Never Changes.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

12. Open and empty... Feb 14, 2018, 09:13 Jagacademy

When I think of an "open world" game, I think of Elder Scrolls, Fallout, etc, where there is a lot to discover.

From what I read however, this isn't the case here. It's a giant open
empty world, where the most exciting thing you'll find is a barrel in the woods.

Going to pass.

11. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 14, 2018, 05:05 Pr()ZaC

I hope they fix the invisible walls bugs.  

10. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 14, 2018, 03:07 Drayth

StingingVelvet wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 02:02:
Waiting for GOG version in a couple weeks. Games like this are going to get more and more rare, so I want to support them.

Is that confirmed? I'm definitely picking this up (I'm seeing a lot more positive vs a 'mixed' ratio of reviews, as some are stating). GoG > Steam in my purchasing hierarchy.

Edit - Confirmed:
https://www.gog.com/game/kingdom_come_deliverance

This comment was edited on Feb 14, 2018, 04:30.

9. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 14, 2018, 03:06 1badmf

StingingVelvet wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 02:02:
Waiting for GOG version in a couple weeks. Games like this are going to get more and more rare, so I want to support them.

have they announced they're coming out on gog?

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo