Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Kingdom Come: Deliverance Launch Trailer

Warhorse Studios and Deep Silver offer this launch trailer to celebrate tomorrow's release of Kingdom Come: Deliverance, their open-world RPG for Windows, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. "Four years after our Kickstarter campaign, our game is set to be released tomorrow," explains Martin Klima, executive producer at Warhorse Studios. "The task was really big and our team although still quite small and we always wanted to deliver, to create the game we wanted, and we believed you wanted. Before talking about some background, all of us at Warhorse would like to thank our community, the backers and friends who helped us to bring this dream to life by giving us the chance to develop what we believe is a unique RPG experience."

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Launch Trailer Feb 13, 2018, 23:04 Kxmode

Quinn wrote on Feb 13, 2018, 17:42:
Holy shit this game is good. The performance definitely needs some fix from the devs but when I gave up tweaking and just went for it, the game grabbed me and pulled me in almost immediately. I did some simple tutorial-purpose errands before the game gave me a sequence of hollywood-like proportions. I have a cause now; a purpose. I AM the protagonist -- a buttom low shit-thrower who can barely hold a sword.
But I'll get stronger.
I'll make a name for myself.
I will come for you, with shining armor and a blade with your name carved into it's hilt.
But not yet.

Worth noting. Apparently the devs put medieval laws into the game. For example, you can't hunt in the wilds because that's the king's land and it is considered poaching. The guards typically find out. They didn't mention that. That's just one of the things players are discovering.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Launch Trailer Feb 13, 2018, 17:42 Quinn

Holy shit this game is good. The performance definitely needs some fix from the devs but when I gave up tweaking and just went for it, the game grabbed me and pulled me in almost immediately. I did some simple tutorial-purpose errands before the game gave me a sequence of hollywood-like proportions. I have a cause now; a purpose. I AM the protagonist -- a buttom low shit-thrower who can barely hold a sword.
But I'll get stronger.
I'll make a name for myself.
I will come for you, with shining armor and a blade with your name carved into it's hilt.
But not yet.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

6. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Launch Trailer Feb 13, 2018, 13:21 Beamer

Quboid wrote on Feb 13, 2018, 12:44:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 13, 2018, 10:59:
The reviews are all middle based, I'll link some hilarious tidbits:

I can fly
Morrowwind Stealth lol
Spinny Stab moves
HUNTING REIMAGINED LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN IT
Moonwalk

All that aside, a bunch of people are saying it's better than skyrims release for bugs.

Oh dear. One to consider when it's out of figurative Early Access by the looks of it. I like the sound of what they're going for but it's pretty niche and 40 is a lot for something I might not like, never mind something that doesn't even work.

That's not moon walking - or is that the bug, that they're supposed to be?

The 10-rating user reviews on Metacritic (half of which mention "SJWs") point out this isn't a AAA game. Which is a really dumb thing to say, as it charges the same as a AAA game. Expectations are around pricing.

Still, this currently looks more like funny glitches, like Skyrim or RDR, not game-breaking ones. From the tiny bit I've looked into.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

5. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Launch Trailer Feb 13, 2018, 12:44 Quboid

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 13, 2018, 10:59:

I can fly
Morrowwind Stealth lol
Spinny Stab moves
Moonwalk

All that aside, a bunch of people are saying it's better than skyrims release for bugs.

Oh dear. One to consider when it's out of figurative Early Access by the looks of it. I like the sound of what they're going for but it's pretty niche and 40 is a lot for something I might not like, never mind something that doesn't even work.

That's not moon walking - or is that the bug, that they're supposed to be?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

4. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Launch Trailer Feb 13, 2018, 10:59 Tipsy McStagger

I can fly
Morrowwind Stealth lol
Spinny Stab moves
Moonwalk

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2018, 11:21.

3. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Launch Trailer Feb 13, 2018, 10:04 Cutter

Yeah, I went from pretty excited to not at all especially with the price they're asking. Given the size of the patch for the consoles indicates to me these guys bit off way more than they could chew. And it doesn't seem like there'll be any replayability to it. No magic, no crafting, no building. Just play out the story and that's it. I'm sure it'll be a grand adventure and all but it sounds mostly like a one and done.

Ugh, early reviews not good. Sounds like they did run out of money and pushed it out the door. Buggy as hell and poorly optimized seems to be the common complaint. There's no save anywhere system? Wtf? You have to buy really expensive potions to save the game or rely on autosaves. Yeah, ok no sale right there.

"Lights going out and a kick in the balls. That's entertainment, that's entertainment"

2. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Launch Trailer Feb 13, 2018, 08:43 Task

I've been looking forward to this one, although I'm probably not buying it right off. I have a feeling its going to be a hit or a sleeper hit rpg either way, since there simply are extremely few medieval rpg's without a fantasy angle. Plus this has the faux-simulation aspect for sword combat.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

1. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Launch Trailer Feb 12, 2018, 20:17 xXStellarDadXx

This looking good in 4k res so far...But damn...too many games too little time lol...  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo