Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Metaverse

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 13, 2018, 08:59 Creston

Ajit Pai finds that 100% of the United States has 100% competition in broadband, and we really should all pay at least three times what we're currently paying for our world-leading internet infrastructure.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 13, 2018, 05:25 eRe4s3r

Here in Germany a bit in the outskirts of Berlin I have the choice between mobile (very fast, latency~ 50ms to 400ms), cable (400mbit, serious congestion at night time (worse latency than mobile ie, around 60ms to 1000ms)), 60gb monthly cap then throttled down to modem speeds (yes, really)) and 6 or 12mbit unmetered DSL with sub 10ms latency constantly, sometimes even 5ms

Unbelievable what a total shitshow fast internet is in Germany. If I could I would nuke cable scammers as well. Selling 400mbit but with a fineprint that restricts you to modem speed if you actually use that bandwidth. Fuck these scammers. Blah!

(Yes, this makes my blood boil)

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 12, 2018, 22:45 Mr. Tact

Bumpy wrote on Feb 12, 2018, 22:14:
I'm waiting for Amazon to offer internet service; Google can't seem to get it done.
If you mean FTTH, neither Amazon or Google has enough money to do that except for a small percentage of the population. It will happen eventually over time, but it won't be common for a long time to come.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 12, 2018, 22:14 Bumpy

I'm waiting for Amazon to offer internet service; Google can't seem to get it done.  

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 12, 2018, 21:31 Pigeon

Perhaps if the FCC made cable TV/Internet/Phone/HomeSecurity bundles compulsory that would spur on more competition and innovation. If you can't afford the bundle, or don't live in an area where such services are available, worry not, you can spend the rest of your life toiling away in the Comcast fiber mines.  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo