Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 13, 2018, 16:35 Kxmode

KezClone wrote on Feb 12, 2018, 23:50:
I got in early on the Kickstarter for like $30 and it's finally HERE!! Downloading the pre-load right now.

It would be interesting to hear how close the final product is to the original pitch.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 13, 2018, 01:29 jacobvandy

Might as well wait until release day for that patch, lol, you're just gonna have to re-download 2/3 of the game then.  

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 12, 2018, 23:50 KezClone

I got in early on the Kickstarter for like $30 and it's finally HERE!! Downloading the pre-load right now.

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 12, 2018, 19:44 Kxmode

An unproven studio charging $60 for a unproven IP. As much as I want to play, I'm going to wait for reviews.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 12, 2018, 15:03 CJ_Parker

Yeah. Another GOTY for $9.99 candidate IF the reviews don't totally tear it a new one. Otherwise full /pass.  

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 12, 2018, 14:43 Cutter

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 12, 2018, 13:37:
This is their explanation:

The production realities of console game development mean that ‘release’ version has to be submitted some three months before the actual release date. We could have used these three months to get some rest, or we could use it to create some additional content and sell it to you as DLC, but we went back to the version-to-be-released and worked on it and tweaked it and polished it and the results are obvious: all the animations have been fine-tuned, quests are more balanced, RPG progression is smoother, the game runs faster and is more stable; every facet of the game got some polish.

The drawback, of course, is that most of the data in the old build were replaced and have to be downloaded as a patch. At hefty 25GB, it’s going to take some time and it’s a shame. Still, we strongly believe that after the four-year wait it will pay off to wait a little bit longer while the Day 1 patch is downloading. Trust me, it will deliver the awesome experience YOU deserve!

So they bit off way more than they can chew and the game will be a hot mess. Ok good to know. Thanks.

"You can check your anatomy all you want, and even though there may be normal variation, when it comes right down to it, this far inside the head it all looks the same. No, no, no, don't tug on that. You never know what it might be attached to."

9. Re: On Sale Feb 12, 2018, 14:29 GinRummy

gilly775 wrote on Feb 12, 2018, 13:57:
wtf_man wrote on Feb 12, 2018, 12:07:
Any backers get notified on how to get their copy yet? I haven't received squat.

I got an email on Friday that you have to link your Profile on the website to Steam and the game will be put in your account. I did that and it's there. Not sure if there will be a preload yet.
This exactly. I got mine linked and waiting. I agree with others that it probably will be quite buggy on release and those that hate that might wait a couple months. Hope it turns out great eventually.

8. Re: On Sale Feb 12, 2018, 13:57 gilly775

wtf_man wrote on Feb 12, 2018, 12:07:
Any backers get notified on how to get their copy yet? I haven't received squat.

I got an email on Friday that you have to link your Profile on the website to Steam and the game will be put in your account. I did that and it's there. Not sure if there will be a preload yet.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 12, 2018, 13:37 jacobvandy

This is their explanation:

The production realities of console game development mean that ‘release’ version has to be submitted some three months before the actual release date. We could have used these three months to get some rest, or we could use it to create some additional content and sell it to you as DLC, but we went back to the version-to-be-released and worked on it and tweaked it and polished it and the results are obvious: all the animations have been fine-tuned, quests are more balanced, RPG progression is smoother, the game runs faster and is more stable; every facet of the game got some polish.

The drawback, of course, is that most of the data in the old build were replaced and have to be downloaded as a patch. At hefty 25GB, it’s going to take some time and it’s a shame. Still, we strongly believe that after the four-year wait it will pay off to wait a little bit longer while the Day 1 patch is downloading. Trust me, it will deliver the awesome experience YOU deserve!

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 12, 2018, 12:13 Cutter

And the fact they're asking triple A money for it? Yeah, I'm thinking it's going to be on a very steep sale in short order.

"You can check your anatomy all you want, and even though there may be normal variation, when it comes right down to it, this far inside the head it all looks the same. No, no, no, don't tug on that. You never know what it might be attached to."

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 12, 2018, 12:10 jdreyer

So, they're going into beta, and the 1.0 release will be in a year. Got it.  

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 12, 2018, 12:07 wtf_man

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 12, 2018, 12:03 Jagacademy

This game looked interesting, so I had planned to follow-up on release day (tomorrow?) to check preliminary reviews.

This is certainly a bad omen however.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 12, 2018, 11:11 Tipsy McStagger

Desalus wrote on Feb 12, 2018, 10:33:
Well this isn't a good sign. I've had a feeling this game might be unpolished and bug ridden when it's released and a 23 GB patch certainly doesn't alleviate that worry. It's very strong evidence that the game went gold before it was even finished.

You mean like the 3 year delay type idea and now they've basically run out of money and need to release it?

yeah i think so too.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 12, 2018, 10:33 Desalus

Well this isn't a good sign. I've had a feeling this game might be unpolished and bug ridden when it's released and a 23 GB patch certainly doesn't alleviate that worry. It's very strong evidence that the game went gold before it was even finished.  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo