Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Beta Plans

The Beamblog recaps a livestream Beamdog held yesterday to discuss progress on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. Word is they are getting set to resume beta testing on Steam, but that this test will run concurrently with the Head Start edition currently being played by preorder customers. Here's word on the next phase of testing for the RPG remake:

• Throughout the coming week, we will be rolling out early invitations to the NWN:EE beta on Steam. If you hop over to our special Discord channel you will be able to request a Steam key. Invitations will be limited on a day-to-day basis. On Feb 16, we plan to email all Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Head Start owners beta keys.
  • Activating a Steam key doesnít disable your Beamdog version. When the beta is over, beta Steam keys will deactivate and Head Start owners will be supplied full NWN:EE steam keys for all NWN:EE content purchased.
  • The NWN:EE beta on Steam will support the Steam Friends List. Itís as easy to use as you could think: on your Steam overlay you choose the Friends List and invite a buddy into your game, without any port-forwarding on your router.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Beta Plans Feb 11, 2018, 15:15 Nucas

well that plus why bother? it already supports widescreen natively, has shader effects and so on. any attempt to make it look better than that is beyond the scope of what beamdog ever does.

i've never replayed the NWN1 OC, it's just so bad, but i've come back to Hordes of the Underdark several times. same for 2's Mask of the Betrayer. i'd honestly say both rank among their respective companies' best works.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Beta Plans Feb 11, 2018, 11:41 HorrorScope

One asking why didn't they go to NWN2? Do they have the authority to do that? It isn't like we just get to make a EE Version of any game we'd like, these are licensing deals, no?  

5. Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Beta Plans Feb 10, 2018, 23:32 Jivaro

*shrug* liked them both....both for modding and for playing. They were pretty different games, it would be difficult for me to pick one over the other in any significant way.  

4. Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Beta Plans Feb 10, 2018, 23:03 eRe4s3r

MT Silver wrote on Feb 10, 2018, 16:58:
NWN 1 > NWN 2

Fite me.

Nah, fully agree here, NWN2 OC was utter garbage. that 1 good expansion doth not make a good RPG

3. Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Beta Plans Feb 10, 2018, 21:29 Quinn

Might have been my age, but although I have better memories of NWN (played that game LAN with my cousin forever) I do think NWN2 is the better game. NWN2's story really captured me and its expansion Mask of the Beholder is literally one of the best expansions I have ever bought. Just writing this has me longing intensely for a replay.
Maybe I'll do just that...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2. Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Beta Plans Feb 10, 2018, 16:58 MT Silver

NWN 1 > NWN 2

Fite me.

1. Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Beta Plans Feb 10, 2018, 16:54 Cutter

If they were going to update one why not NWN2 which was already graphically superior?

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo