Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed

PUBG Corporation tweets to announce a delay to the rollout of the planned next steps in their anti-cheat system for PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS. Word is: "PC players, the patch for the anti-cheat update has been delayed, as an unexpected issue has occurred while testing its compatibility. We will soon update you when it will be released. Thank you for your understanding." They follow-up by tweeting that they have manually blocked ReShade, and that players will need to uninstall that, and may need to reinstall the game to resume playing. They refer to this post for details:

PC players,

As announced, the new anti-cheat solution that was to be applied today has been delayed.

However, BattlEye, a part of our anti-cheat solution, has blocked ReShade. For you to run the game, you must uninstall ReShade. If the game files are already damaged, you must also reinstall the game.

ReShade not only behaves like a cheat program but can also be used for cheating, and must therefore be blocked. Please be advised that this is a permanent block.

Thank you.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. removed Feb 12, 2018, 04:02 Maitri Shah

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 12, 2018, 04:03.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed Feb 9, 2018, 19:22 theyarecomingforyou

MrGrosser wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 11:38:
It doesn't allow you to see through walls.. or if it did.. I didn't know how to configure that. For me, I used it to change vibrancy to brighten it up and make players stand out more... still didn't give me an advantage.
Stop being a scumbag. Making players stand out more is obviously cheating and your attempt to justify it is pathetic.

8700K @ 4.9GHz / 32GB DDR4 / GTX 1080 OC
Optane 900P 280G

22. Re: PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed Feb 8, 2018, 08:36 Retired

Haven't played todays update, but was running into the ol "see through smoke" hack yesterday. Also ESP and other cheats still appear to be rampant.

I have gone a few days without a win - very odd for me. The replays I watch show blatant hacking as the reason for my loss near end game.

21. Re: PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed Feb 7, 2018, 20:40 Rigs

Michael Dickinson wrote on Feb 7, 2018, 16:22:
HERE'S A FUCKING IDEA, Fix yer fucking game so people don't use AUTO-AIM or INSTANT HEAL you fucking dumbass, blue-hole, piece of shit company.

fredrickson?! Did they finally thaw you out? Ohmagod, guys, look! I think fredrickson is back from court-mandated lifelong solitary confinement!

=-Rigs-=

20. Re: PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed Feb 7, 2018, 16:22 Michael Dickinson

Your argument for banning this software is invalid. If someone really wanted to cheat, they could always grab some pile of shit 16 color monitor and use that to see people better or just change the shit in Windows.

HERE'S A FUCKING IDEA, Fix yer fucking game so people don't use AUTO-AIM or INSTANT HEAL you fucking dumbass, blue-hole, piece of shit company.

19. Re: PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed Feb 7, 2018, 12:01 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Feb 7, 2018, 09:48:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 20:01:

So like giving all environment textures a gray shade and all player textures a red color?

Yeah, but let's be realistic here, someone could program a custom driver for your graphics card to do that too. So what's PUBG gonna do next, ban all graphics drivers?

That's a lot of work though. And not nearly as egregious as wall hacks and aimbots.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

18. Re: PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed Feb 7, 2018, 09:48 Creston

So like giving all environment textures a gray shade and all player textures a red color?

Yeah, but let's be realistic here, someone could program a custom driver for your graphics card to do that too. So what's PUBG gonna do next, ban all graphics drivers?

17. Re: PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed Feb 6, 2018, 20:07 RedEye9

Did it all the time in quake live https://youtu.be/nMtbcqJmsSU

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.needtoimpeach.com/

16. Re: PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed Feb 6, 2018, 20:01 jdreyer

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 19:19:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 19:16:
xXStellarDadXx wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 19:10:
ummmm guys...reshade can be used to get a advantage...do your research...just saying

What do you think then about NVidia doing this at a driver level? I assume you mean advantage due to being able to change the color fidelity/effects of a game? Like someone cranking up brightness in dark areas to see better?

NO he means custom reshade shaders that replace textures from certain models so mesh visibility hack basically... but that doesn't come with Reshade... it's however a thing. Any shader loader can be used to load any shader you want, and shaders are nothing else but complex applications. So a shader can in theory access and change anything that happens on a GPU

15. Re: PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed Feb 6, 2018, 19:19 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 19:16:
ummmm guys...reshade can be used to get a advantage...do your research...just saying

What do you think then about NVidia doing this at a driver level? I assume you mean advantage due to being able to change the color fidelity/effects of a game? Like someone cranking up brightness in dark areas to see better?

NO he means custom reshade shaders that replace textures from certain models so mesh visibility hack basically... but that doesn't come with Reshade... it's however a thing. Any shader loader can be used to load any shader you want, and shaders are nothing else but complex applications. So a shader can in theory access and change anything that happens on a GPU

14. Re: PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed Feb 6, 2018, 19:16 HorrorScope

13. Re: PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed Feb 6, 2018, 19:10 xXStellarDadXx

12. Re: PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed Feb 6, 2018, 18:42 HorrorScope

Reshade and Sweetfx are per game and installs into the games directory.

NVidia now has their version in beta and won't be installed in that way to my understanding.

11. Re: PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed Feb 6, 2018, 18:10 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 16:07:
And Reshade can NOT be used to cheat. It can be used to boost brightness, gamma and stuff of course. Like Nvidia drivers, just with more control.

Yeah, I didn't think so either. PUBG devs just grasping at straws it seems.

10. Re: PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed Feb 6, 2018, 16:07 eRe4s3r

ForgedReality wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 11:07:
necrosis wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 10:41:
Here is my question (as i dont use ReShade).

Can you tell it to not load for one game or is it "on" for all games once installed?
Kinda bullshit if you have to completely remove it from your computer because of one game when it is perfectly fine for other games.

Reminds me of older anti cheat that forced you to completely uninstall things like Daemon Tools even if you were using it for other things.

I don't use it either but it looks like it installs and runs in the background so you have access to it whenever you enter a 3dmode.

That's not how Reshade works, AT ALL, you have to specifically install the wrapper to the game you want, even specifying the api you want. And Reshade can NOT be used to cheat. It can be used to boost brightness, gamma and stuff of course. Like Nvidia drivers, just with more control.

9. Re: PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed Feb 6, 2018, 15:03 Rigs

Orogogus wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 13:56:
I think Reshade added a zoom feature last week, didn't it?

Hmm, I don't recall hearing that but it's possible. For those that still aren't sure what it does, here's some comparison shots:

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
The program in-game to adjust settings

It doesn't change anything data-wise, like textures, just how they're shown on the screen. It's the same as going into the graphical properties and changing them yourself only these are pre-tweaked for the best result within the game.

EDIT: As I was putting this together, I came up on a comment that and link to show how you could set Reshade to reduce blurriness so that you could possibly see further and make out other people further away. I guess that could be considered a cheat, depending on how you look at it. So could setting everything to a super high graphical setting or super low where it takes out grass and other obstacles. *shrugs* (This actually reminds me of the original DOS version of X-Wing, way back in 1993, where if you set the graphics to lowest setting, the Death Star trench run would be easy because there were no obstacles or overhangs rendered! I didn't realize this until I moved up to a 486DX2/66 from a 486SX/25 and was able to up the graphics settings. I always thought it was too easy and then I found out why! )

=-Rigs-=

8. Re: PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed Feb 6, 2018, 13:56 Orogogus

I think Reshade added a zoom feature last week, didn't it?  

7. Re: PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed Feb 6, 2018, 13:46 Rigs

Oh FFS, the only thing Reshade does is change vibrancy, brightness, contrast, hue and other such insignificant things to bring about a better look. So if you have a shitty monitor, it might make things look a bit better, or in games like WatchDogs and GTA5, it makes things look more realistic. And, yes, it's started on a per-game basis. I'm not sure how you might cheat from it but if there's a Rule 34 for everything, then well, I'm sure someone's found a way...

=-Rigs-=

6. Re: PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed Feb 6, 2018, 13:07 jdreyer

The eventual end point of anti-cheating measures is streaming multiplayer games a la Gaikai or OnLive. With no client on your local hardware, there's nothing to interact with and manipulate.  

5. Re: PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed Feb 6, 2018, 11:38 MrGrosser

It doesn't allow you to see through walls.. or if it did.. I didn't know how to configure that. For me, I used it to change vibrancy to brighten it up and make players stand out more... still didn't give me an advantage. AND you can change your Digital Vibrancy in nVidia control panel.. which isn't blocked and does the same thing.

I read on cheat site there was a way to modify ReShade and make player textures gold/chrome so they stand out quite strongly. But I thought I also read that was banned/detected a long time ago.

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo