Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Interviews

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 16, 2018, 04:11 MattyC

Task wrote on Feb 5, 2018, 19:22:
That phrase gets tossed around a lot, "hasn't aged well." Do any of you watch classic Black and White films? Just enjoy it for what it is. People will say the same phrase about 'modern games' 20 or more years from now, a new age of 'haven't aged well' games.

For some reason I missed this before, sorry about that. I am not talking about visuals (to your B&W movie comparison), but mechanics. Lots of the casting mechanics and the ensuing downtime is rather rough now. The backtracking multiple times to complete quests is another example.

It isn't a graphics thing. Think of it more like how many puzzles in classic adventure games seem absurd and random now, but they really didn't at the time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 5, 2018, 19:22 Task

That phrase gets tossed around a lot, "hasn't aged well." Do any of you watch classic Black and White films? Just enjoy it for what it is. People will say the same phrase about 'modern games' 20 or more years from now, a new age of 'haven't aged well' games.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

1. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 5, 2018, 17:35 MattyC

Sadly I don't think it has aged that well due to some of the mechanics, but I loved some Arcanum when it came out.  

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo