Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released

As noted above, Steam now features FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE, offering Windows gamers the chance to play this installment in the RPG series that first came to PlayStation 2 in 2006. Here's a PC Edition Launch Trailer, and here are details on the Windows edition:

The release of FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE last year included high definition visuals, a remastered soundtrack, new Speed and Trial modes, fast forward function, and other enhancements. With over a million units shipped for console, the STEAM version upgrades the game even more with brand-new features for PC players, including:

• 60fps - Ivalice will look better than ever with the game running at 60 frames per second.
  • Compatible with 21:9 ultra-wide monitors - Up to three HD monitors can be used for a potential 48(16x3):9 experience.
  • New Game Plus and New Game Minus - Post-game content modes are now accessible from the beginning of the game.
  • Three background music options – The original, re-orchestrated and soundtrack versions are now available from the beginning of the game.
  • Maximized License Points and Gil - New functionality added to grant players max License Points and Gil from the configuration screen.
  • Full controller support, Steam Trading Cards and more to optimize the PC player experience.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released Feb 2, 2018, 17:35 Creston

Verno wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 11:33:
Even better than the PS4 version. I think this is my third time playing this game and depressingly I will have put like 400 hours into it by the time its over

I'm fairly sure I have at least 1000 hours into FFX...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released Feb 2, 2018, 17:30 Creston

Slick wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 14:47:
23% off with the GMG code JUSTFORYOU means the final price was $30.32 USD.

At least the gmg login services are working again, bought it! xD

Thanks for that code, man! Just got it for 30 bucks too, that seems like a decent price for it.

Quite excited to play this (eventually) with that speed increase. Some of the EEEEENNNDDDLLEEESSS grinds for shit should be significantly easier to deal with at x4 speed.

10. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released Feb 2, 2018, 14:47 Slick

23% off with the GMG code JUSTFORYOU means the final price was $30.32 USD.

At least the gmg login services are working again, bought it! xD

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

9. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released Feb 2, 2018, 11:33 Verno

Even better than the PS4 version. I think this is my third time playing this game and depressingly I will have put like 400 hours into it by the time its over  

Playing: Link's Awakening, Control, Total War Warhammer 2
Watching: Mr. Mercedes, Hobbs & Shaw, Castle Rock

8. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released Feb 2, 2018, 10:37 Cram

necrosis wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 09:41:
NKD wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 00:37:
Slick wrote on Feb 1, 2018, 23:03:
Waited 15 years to replay this, not going to do it for $60. To the bargain bin!

Yeah $60 is a bit steep for a remaster of a single game.
Remastered with tons of bugs.

Game is plagued with the usual issue of the game running to fast if you have a monitor that runs over 60Hz like every damned console port in the last few years.

Is it possible some users have accidentally hit the fast forward button on their controller or keyboard? The button lets you double or quadruple the game speed at your convenience. Great for skipping dialogue scenes you've seen before or grinding out things. I, fortunately, have not experienced any issues on my 144hz monitor set in game at 60fps Vsync off. Not yet, anyway.

7. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released Feb 2, 2018, 09:41 necrosis

Remastered with tons of bugs.

Game is plagued with the usual issue of the game running to fast if you have a monitor that runs over 60Hz like every damned console port in the last few years.

6. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released Feb 2, 2018, 09:05 MacLeod

Slick wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 05:42:
So it's $39.99 on GMG, and there's an extra %20 off you can get for the next 24 hours or so...

Thanks for the heads up on the GMG price and discount. I had been thinking of getting this to finally see the international Zodiac job system thing they added to the game, but was really balking at the price.

5. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released Feb 2, 2018, 08:53 Prez

I completely ignored 12 back in the day since it seemed Square was only interested in making the Final Fantasy series yet another mediocre cookie-cutter MMO franchise after 11 dropped. I'm glad this re-release brought it to my attention. Definitely going to grab it off GMG this weekend.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released Feb 2, 2018, 05:42 Slick

So it's $39.99 on GMG, and there's an extra %20 off you can get for the next 24 hours or so...

I was trying to throw money at my screen cause I'm impatient, but GMG is being stupid, I can't log in. password reset doesn't work. I tried making a new account, that doesn't work...

Sooooo fuck.

I know people are going nuts over monster hunter right now, but I've watched a lot of gameplay from that title, and I think I'd enjoy replaying this one a lot more. It's been a while since I played a solid JRPG.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

3. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released Feb 2, 2018, 03:28 Kajetan

Be merciful with Squeenix. Denuvo licencing fees are expensive ...

2. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released Feb 2, 2018, 00:37 NKD

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

1. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released Feb 1, 2018, 23:03 Slick

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo