FINAL FANTASY XV Benchmark and Preorders

Speaking of FINAL FANTASY, the promised FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Benchmark is now available, to see how FINAL FANTASY XV runs on various Windows systems. This comes as SQUARE ENIX opens up preorders for the PC edition of the RPG sequel. Here's are the preorder incentives:
Pre-orders through STEAM, Origin and Windows 10 will include receive pre-order bonuses:

Pre-order through Microsoft Store:

• The bonus “FFXV Powerup Pack,” containing “Dodanuki,” a sleek sword created by a bladesmith, reducing enemy defense with each slash. The pack also includes 10 phoenix downs and 10 elixirs.

Pre-order through STEAM:

• The bonus “FFXV Fashion Collection,” containing a selection of T-shirts for Noctis to wear.
    • EPISODE GLADIOLUS Tee enhances strength
    • EPISODE PROMPTO Tee accelerates HP recovery rate
    • EPISODE IGNIS Tee increases critical hit rate
    • COMRADES Tee increases maximum HP

Pre-order through Origin:

• The bonus “FFXV Decal Selection,” containing an array of colorful decals for the Regalia car celebrating Gladiolus, Prompto and Ignis, along with the men and women of the Kingsglaive.

View : : :
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Morning Tech Bits
Feb 3, 2018, 12:07
Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 3, 2018, 12:07
Feb 3, 2018, 12:07

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 21:11:
Engine has a troubled history but the game looks decent even if there are shader issues and such that can be distracting.

I ran the benchmark and scored higher than a 1070ti with my old MSI factory overclocked 980ti:

https://imgur.com/7gohXCe

Coming close to being on par with the 1080 actually! I have optimized the shit out of this card and voltage modded it and such though. Nice to see how it's stacking up with the new blood ^.^

That's absolutely amazing for a 980ti ^^

One of the most awesome visual events by the way, is when he summons those ice ladies there and with Ansel things look absolutely stunning, freeze there with Ansel and look around, the detail level is absolutely bonkers amazing. Also you can find a few things when you Ansel around, one of the crypts for example with a weird glaive weapon on some sarcophagus. You can explore the entire loaded map area with Ansel, no restrictions to anything (although very little is actually loaded)... so that's pretty amazing. Haven't seen that in a game in like.. ever

Gotta admit that visually this game is extremely pretty. They just need to fix that AO and water. Water actually has some of the weirdest artifacts I have EVER seen in a game. Like when you look at one of the crocodile things in water in a 45° angle you can see that their reflection disappears in the middle but only some of it, like a broken occlusion check with shadow vs reflection. Really really strange visual bug. And I am sure fixable with FAR

Re: Morning Tech Bits
Feb 2, 2018, 21:11
Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 2, 2018, 21:11
Feb 2, 2018, 21:11

Engine has a troubled history but the game looks decent even if there are shader issues and such that can be distracting.

I ran the benchmark and scored higher than a 1070ti with my old MSI factory overclocked 980ti:

https://imgur.com/7gohXCe

Coming close to being on par with the 1080 actually! I have optimized the shit out of this card and voltage modded it and such though. Nice to see how it's stacking up with the new blood ^.^

Re: FINAL FANTASY XV Benchmark and Preorders
Feb 2, 2018, 13:36
Re: FINAL FANTASY XV Benchmark and Preorders Feb 2, 2018, 13:36
Feb 2, 2018, 13:36

MacLeod wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 12:02:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 10:27:
3) There is no AA WHATSOEVER as in, NONE.

I'd argue that point. I ran the test in high, normal and low quality modes, and definitely saw less jagged edges in the high and normal modes than low, indicating there was AA on (unless toggling the ANSEL mode to look around turns that off).

Yeah I dunno what they do with that AA and AO implementation, but I think it's pretty clear this is some form of TxAA and SSAO, so if you hit a freeze on the frame you can not see any AA and as soon as frame moves, AO is getting sampled by TXAA and it flickers..... but to be honest I couldn't tell if the AA was from AA or from motion blur, the game is super blurry unless you freeze frame so it could be anything.

I guess my point is I saw tons of jaggies on high 1080p windowed and flickering nightmare AO in the grass.

Feb 2, 2018, 12:02
Re: FINAL FANTASY XV Benchmark and Preorders Feb 2, 2018, 12:02
Feb 2, 2018, 12:02

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 10:27:

I'd argue that point. I ran the test in high, normal and low quality modes, and definitely saw less jagged edges in the high and normal modes than low, indicating there was AA on (unless toggling the ANSEL mode to look around turns that off).

Feb 2, 2018, 10:27
Re: FINAL FANTASY XV Benchmark and Preorders Feb 2, 2018, 10:27
Feb 2, 2018, 10:27

To be honest after using ANSEL to look around I noticed various things

1) Water shaders are completely broken (Wavy outlines around characters)
2) AO is completely broken (Hope you like AO flickering, everywhere)
4) HEAVY and extremely ugly low resolution DOF effect
5) HEAVY motion blur
6) Suuuuuuper low resolution foliage textures
7) The bench is apparently running without AF because I saw mip artifacts

So basically, I think this game needs not only a driver but also FAR + Special K

Performance is surprisingly bad in Ansel. And I think the reason is the borked post AO: To be perfectly honest, I think this is one of the worst AO implementations in a game in quite a while. I have flashbacks to Deus EX HR ^^

Btw, my 1070 got 6200 points on High at 1920x1080 but.. I play on 2560x1440 so this bench makes me already kinda worry... I guess I will be disabling some things ;p

Ps.: Heavy means heavy performance impact, much more than DOF and Motion blur should have.

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 2018, 10:38.

Feb 2, 2018, 05:24
Slick

Re: FINAL FANTASY XV Benchmark and Preorders Feb 2, 2018, 05:24
Feb 2, 2018, 05:24
 Slick

I played it @ 4k on a PS4 Pro when it came out, and I think it looked better. Well, better for the framerate. I'm getting like 15-20 fps on high @ 4k with a 1080.

I think this frankenstien of an engine really needs proper drivers to shine. I don't know if they exist yet, but it's weird to launch a benchmarking tool when it doesn't run all that great.

The water reflections and shadows are still weird, same as on console, even on "high" settings on PC.

But whatever, just watching the combat makes me want to replay this game. It's very fast and fluid but was kind of a nightmare on console with a fixed FOV and 30 FPS is you're lucky. Just to play it @ 1080p @ 60 fps would be worth it. Although I'd probably push for 1440p.

Nox's sword particle effects gives me the warm fuzzies.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Feb 2, 2018, 01:55
Re: FINAL FANTASY XV Benchmark and Preorders Feb 2, 2018, 01:55
Feb 2, 2018, 01:55

Damn Benchmark tool... Spoilers for Gentiana in the tool.

It's odd, this gave me a "High" on 1920x1080 High detail settings, but for some reason I didn't really think it looked all that better than the game on my console. Thought parts looked really strange. It might be the memory being more kind than actuality thing, and I'll have to load up my original game to take a look at it again, side-by-side.

Feb 1, 2018, 22:49
Slick

Re: FINAL FANTASY XV Benchmark and Preorders Feb 1, 2018, 22:49
Feb 1, 2018, 22:49
 Slick

Cool, DLing the benchmark tool now.

This looks to be a very good PC port, just the way the grass works is such a visual upgrade. Yeah, it's tainted with Gameworks, but whatever... in other news, water is wet.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older