Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Battlezone: Combat Commander Next Month

Rebellion announces a March 1st release date for Battlezone: Combat Commander, their upcoming remastered version of Battlezone 2, the strategy/shooter hybrid. Those who can't wait should head over to the game's website and sign up for beta testing that's planned for this month. They celebrate the news with a new gameplay trailer showing off how the graphics from the original game are updated in the remake. Here's word:
Today’s “Graphics Comparison” trailer showcases the impressive visual enhancements coming to Battlezone®: Combat Commander, including updated art and effects, DirectX 11 rendering and shading, 4K resolution support, and retextured and upscaled terrain. Big Boat Interactive’s remaster will also offer cross-play online multiplayer across Steam and GOG, support for both online and LAN multiplayer, achievements, cloud saves*, support for the game’s two-decade old modding scene, and many other refinements and tweaks.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Feb 2, 2018, 14:48 Wowbagger_TIP

I loved the original BZ, but the movement in BZ2 never felt right to me. I think the tanks just felt a little too weightless. Like they overcame their inertia too quickly maybe. I'm not exactly sure what it was.

I think I probably had other issues with it as well, but that's the one that sticks in my head. I'll have to see how this turns out. Love me some hovertanks

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Battlezone: Combat Commander Next Month Feb 2, 2018, 12:21 jdreyer

Suckage wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 08:50:
For whatever reason I had this confused with Dark Reign 2...

Probably cuz hovertanks. One big difference is that BZ is 3D and DR was top-down sprites.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

3. Re: Battlezone: Combat Commander Next Month Feb 2, 2018, 08:50 Suckage

For whatever reason I had this confused with Dark Reign 2...  

2. Re: Battlezone: Combat Commander Next Month Feb 2, 2018, 01:23 jdreyer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 1, 2018, 22:19:
This looks great, although curse these guys for specifically targeting my nostalgia!

Battlezone 2 was amazing, for the 3 people on the planet who played it. Hopefully this remaster gets some decent exposure, BZ2 was pretty impressive for its time, and I think the gameplay will still hold up today.

Loved BZ2 back in the day. Will have to get this at some point.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

1. Re: Battlezone: Combat Commander Next Month Feb 1, 2018, 22:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks great, although curse these guys for specifically targeting my nostalgia!

Battlezone 2 was amazing, for the 3 people on the planet who played it. Hopefully this remaster gets some decent exposure, BZ2 was pretty impressive for its time, and I think the gameplay will still hold up today.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >