Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020

During the conference call following yesterday's earnings announcement, EA CFO Blake Jorgensen was asked about plans for Star Wars Battlefront III. Rather than take the bait and discussing an unannounced installment in the series, he took the opportunity to say the Star Wars game in the works at Respawn Entertainment is currently expected during EA's fiscal year 2020. Looking to an actual calendar, this mean we can expect the game, which was announced in 2016, sometime between April 1, 2019 and March 31, 2020. Thanks GameSpot.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Feb 2, 2018, 01:15 jdreyer

Bundy wrote on Feb 1, 2018, 17:59:
Creston wrote on Feb 1, 2018, 11:22:
Slick wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 18:35:
Is that supposed to be a list of EA studios closing? Bullfrog was bought and shuttered by Microsoft, no?

No that was Lionhead.

Both were Molynaux though, right?
Yah

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Feb 1, 2018, 17:59 Bundy

Creston wrote on Feb 1, 2018, 11:22:
Is that supposed to be a list of EA studios closing? Bullfrog was bought and shuttered by Microsoft, no?

No that was Lionhead.

Both were Molynaux though, right?

27. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Feb 1, 2018, 11:22 Creston

No that was Lionhead.

26. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Feb 1, 2018, 00:03 El Pit

Task wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 23:09:
El Pit wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 17:03:

Well...
1. Original trilogy
2. Rogue One
3. The Force Awakens/Revenge of the Sith (tie)
4. Attack of the Clones/The Last Jedi (tie)
5. The Ewok movies
6. The Holiday Special
7. The animated series
8. A blank screen
999. The Phantom Menace (Plan 9 From Outer Space II)

Holiday Special above Phantom Menace? LoL what?

I see you got the message. I prefer OT actors that seem to be drunk in a total mess of a show over getting kicked in the balls for two hours (aka Phantom Menace).

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

25. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 23:09 Task

El Pit wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 17:03:

Well...
1. Original trilogy
2. The Force Awakens/Revenge of the Sith (tie)
3. Attack of the Clones/The Last Jedi (tie)
4. The Ewok movies
5. The Holiday Special
6. The animated series
7. A blank screen
8. The Phantom Menace (Plan 9 From Outer Space II)

Holiday Special above Phantom Menace? LoL what?

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

24. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 22:59 Yifes

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 22:08:
I'll piss everyone off by saying Empire Strikes Back is the only movie I love out of all of them. I do have nostalgia for the other two old ones though.

Anyway, chances this game is singleplayer focused are almost nil so yawn. Glad the Dark Forces and KotOR games hold up rather well.

Agreed. ESB is the only great Star Wars movie. Itís sad that despite all the resources and talent Disney had access to, they came up with such a forgettable, unoriginal, shitty plot that was TFA. Unlike what Bundy said, itís probably rose colored glasses and nostalgia that artificially props up these new movies. Itís no wonder that TFA and TLJ have done poorly in markets like China, where the originals arenít well known.

23. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 22:11 Bundy

Dacron wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 20:26:
Bundy wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 18:35:
Think there's some nostalgia coloured glasses on a lot of folks. The original series weren't actually very good movies. They were predictable, cheesy, had some very uneven acting and after the prequels, had the worst dialog in cinema. But it was a cool universe and I'm a fan of that.

The three Disney movies that we've had are considerably better, on every single metric, than the originals. And leaps and bounds better than the prequels. You can argue with me about that, but you know I'm right. I mean, come on.

Was this the game that used to be a SP game and is being rebuilt as a Destiny clone? Or am I thinking of something else

The only thing that could've saved the prequels was the supposedly planned Jar Jar Sith Lord story. That would've made it far more interesting and 10x better. But they threw it away cause Lucas was timid about Jar Jars reception, apparently.

I've heard that theory, if true I wish they'd have gone through with it. If executed well it could have been great.

22. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 22:09 Bundy

Rigs wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 20:21:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 19:27:
Rigs wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 17:57:
Still plenty of salt to go around, apparently...

=-Rigs-=

Well, sure. It's mined on Crait which is covered with the stuff.

Giggle

The three Disney movies that we've had are considerably better, on every single metric, than the originals. And leaps and bounds better than the prequels. You can argue with me about that, but you know I'm right. I mean, come on.

GTFO, Bundy...I...I don't even...

=-Rigs-=

Nope. Sorry Rigs. Fantastic universe, but not very good movies. I know that they're ancient and small budget and all that, but compared to the 3 new ones they're awful. I'm a super nerd so I love all things Star Wars, but "I was going to go to the Toshi station and pick up some power converters!" Really?

But I'm not here trying to convince anyone. I'm said my peace.

21. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 22:08 StingingVelvet

I'll piss everyone off by saying Empire Strikes Back is the only movie I love out of all of them. I do have nostalgia for the other two old ones though.

Anyway, chances this game is singleplayer focused are almost nil so yawn. Glad the Dark Forces and KotOR games hold up rather well.

20. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 20:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

People hate on The Phantom Menace, and rightly so, but holy shit, the Darth Maul reveal to battle was great. I think I'll watch that part on Youtube right now, actually.

The Pod Race was also interesting, technically speaking, and I did like the random sand people snipers firing away.

The display ratio looks off in this particular version here but wtf, this fight is great!

I'd really like either a RPG-ish and/or FPS style Star Wars game, like the old Dark Forces games, or a Jedi Academy battle sort of game (TPS probably), but I'm REALLY hoping they make a good, updated X-Wing/TIE Fighter game with a lengthy, well done campaign at some point.

19. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 20:38 Yifes

Think there's some nostalgia coloured glasses on a lot of folks. The original series weren't actually very good movies. They were predictable, cheesy, had some very uneven acting and after the prequels, had the worst dialog in cinema. But it was a cool universe and I'm a fan of that.

The three Disney movies that we've had are considerably better, on every single metric, than the originals. And leaps and bounds better than the prequels. You can argue with me about that, but you know I'm right. I mean, come on

My SO had never watched Star Wars before, so we went through the original trilogy and the prequels shortly before TFA was released. Even she though TFA was bad compared to the Original series, so no, I donít think many people are biased by rose colored glasses.

the new movies arenít bad, but to say they are better in every way than the originals is just ludicrous. The fact that you ignore the context and era in which they were released to make that claim is even more ridiculous.

18. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 20:26 Dacron

Was this the game that used to be a SP game and is being rebuilt as a Destiny clone? Or am I thinking of something else

The only thing that could've saved the prequels was the supposedly planned Jar Jar Sith Lord story. That would've made it far more interesting and 10x better. But they threw it away cause Lucas was timid about Jar Jars reception, apparently.

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

17. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 20:21 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 19:27:

=-Rigs-=

Giggle

GTFO, Bundy...I...I don't even...

=-Rigs-=

16. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 19:27 jdreyer

Avus wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 17:48:
Is the title translate "Respawn's Star Wars will be axed in FY2019 and Respawn will join Visceral, Maxis, Mythic, Victory, Phenomic, DreamWorks, Black Box, PlayFish, Pandemic, NuFX, Origin, Westwood, Bullfrog at the same year??

=-Rigs-=

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

15. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 18:47 Avus

No... I think you mixed up Bullfrog with Lionhead Studio. They are 2 completely different animals... One is a frog another is a lion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullfrog_Productions

Electronic Arts, Bullfrog's publisher, acquired the studio in January 1995. Molyneux had become an Electronic Arts vice-president and consultant in 1994, after EA purchased a significant share of Bullfrog. Molyneux's last project with Bullfrog was Dungeon Keeper, and as a result of his dissatisfaction of the corporate aspects of his position, he left the company in July 1997 to found Lionhead Studios. Others would follow them to Lionhead, and some founded their own companies, such as Mucky Foot Productions. After Molyneux's departure, Electronic Arts' control over Bullfrog caused several projects to be cancelledóin 2001 Bullfrog was merged into EA UK and ceased to exist as a separate entity. Bullfrog titles have been looked upon as a standard for comparison and have spawned numerous spiritual sequels.

ďI am not a Mac user unless under duress.Ē - John Carmack

14. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 18:38 Bundy

Bumpy wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 17:18:
How about coming out with a decent single player Star Wars game for once?

Doesn't look like it'll happen. EA seems to be shutting the door on SP games. Not enough money in it for them. Hoping that the BF2 failure will change some minds, but I doubt it.

13. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 18:35 Bundy

12. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 18:35 Slick

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

11. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 17:57 Rigs

Avus wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 17:48:
Is the title translate "Respawn's Star Wars will be axed in FY2019 and Respawn will join Visceral, Maxis, Mythic, Victory, Phenomic, DreamWorks, Black Box, PlayFish, Pandemic, NuFX, Origin, Westwood, Bullfrog at the same year??

=-Rigs-=

10. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 17:48 Avus

ďI am not a Mac user unless under duress.Ē - John Carmack

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo