Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning

EA bypasses the enthusiast media in favor of the WSJ again as this tweet says Star Wars Battlefront II sold about 9 million copies, which is about 10% lower than projected. In spite of the game's loot box controversies probable role in that shortfall, VG247 reports the Star Wars action game will resume selling loot boxes in the coming months. "Digital economies have a place, and we will continue to drive and focus on that," said EA CEO Andrew Wilson during an earnings conference call. "The teams are working on how that context will apply to the Battlefront universe, but more on that in the months to come."
View

18. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning Jan 31, 2018, 17:30 thecakeisalie

They said microtransactions and loot crates would be back and here they are.

The people who bought this game without caring about the predatory pay-to-win before the backlash yanked it out or who just didn't GAF because it's "Star Wars" are fuckwits who are helping to turn gaming into a gold mine for Wall Street at our expense.

The people who bought it thinking that EA "learned their lesson" from the initial backlash from some consumers are idiots and are even bigger idiots if they keep playing and spend even a penny on "recurring revenue" items. You, too, are contributing to the delinquency of the video game industry since you helped make the game profitable when it really needed to fail. Badly.

I tip my virtual hat to the people who stood by their convictions and didn't buy this steaming pile. As much as I like Star Wars, I couldn't condone the fuckery that EA tried to pull initially with this game and is going to pull in some form or another soon.

Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jan 30, 20:25 Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning Rigs
  6. Jan 30, 22:52  Re: Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning Muscular Beaver
  2. Jan 30, 21:00 Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning jdreyer
  3. Jan 30, 21:11 Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning Dacron
  4. Jan 30, 21:21  Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning Fion
  5. Jan 30, 21:54   Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning Rhett
  7. Jan 30, 22:55    Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning eRe4s3r
  8. Jan 30, 23:37     Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning Slick
  9. Jan 30, 23:38      Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning Slick
  10. Jan 31, 00:21 Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning DangerDog
  11. Jan 31, 01:31  Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning CJ_Parker
  12. Jan 31, 03:50 Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning DangerDog
  13. Jan 31, 06:24  Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning Prez
  14. Jan 31, 08:14   Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning SpectralMeat
  15. Jan 31, 08:38    Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning MoreLuckThanSkill
  17. Jan 31, 11:07    Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning RedEye9
  16. Jan 31, 10:11 Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning Creston
>> 18. Jan 31, 17:30 Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning thecakeisalie