PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified

A new post on Steam for PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS notes that the Blue Zone is for loading and unloading only, as it covers "Testing Blue Zone Balance Adjustment & More." Some of that "more" beyond discussing rebalancing the Blue Zone (also known as the best zone) is more cheating, as the developers of the battle royale game say they've recently detected a "new pattern of cheats in action." They have identified the miscreants, and promise to ban them all in one glorious wave. On the not everybody is a cheater front, they also say they have discovered an issue with their deathcam, replay, and observing systems that can make it appear as if other players are cheating when they are not, saying they will fix this as soon as possible. Here's a bit:
We recently discovered a new pattern of cheats in action. This week, we performed a thorough gameplay data review of 10 million players and completed analysis of tens of millions of data logs. Through this exercise, we were able to identify over 100,000 instances of the new pattern related to use of cheat and now we have confirmed that it was clearly an attempt of compromising our game. These players will be permanently banned in a single wave. This is an example of additional measures we will be taking on top of the basic detection systems in place. We will continue to check the data logs like this even if it means the anti-cheat team has to filter through hundreds of billions of data logs manually. In addition, we are looking into adopting a new solution to detect and ban more cheaters and we have been continuously strengthening our security systems. We have also liaised with investigative authorities in some countries to take legal actions against developers and distributors of cheats. We are determined to take strong measures against them going forward.

We have identified an issue in our deathcam, replay and observing systems which is related to showing other players as if they are using cheats. When you watch the gameplay video of another player in the systems, it looks like there is no recoil even for a player who is not using a cheat. Please note that it is caused by a bug in the systems. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused in reporting cheaters and the confusion the bug has created for many of you. We are going to fix this bug as soon as possible.
View : : :
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified
Jan 20, 2018, 14:54
Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified Jan 20, 2018, 14:54
Jan 20, 2018, 14:54

RedEye9 wrote:
It reasons like this that the game is so popular.

That's obvious to anyone who enjoys competitive MP DM. All these other weirdos think it's a bad survival crafting game. Which they're right about, but it's a weird complaint considering that's not the kind of game it is.

Jan 20, 2018, 13:39
Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified Jan 20, 2018, 13:39
Jan 20, 2018, 13:39

Numinar wrote on Jan 20, 2018, 01:46:

It's lack of innovation is a strength in some ways. No crafting or taming or building or eating and shitting or any other obscure knowledge required. Just humans hunting humans with guns. It's an advantage to learn to use your sights to range-find but most the game occurs at sub-100 meters.

I'm still enjoying it immensely. It generates moments of insanity like no other game, without those moments being diluted by the rinse and repeat infinite respawn meaninglessness like with Battlefield. Almost every encounter is unique, and since positioning, teamwork and strategy are way more important than having the wired reflexes of a kid on amphetamines I feel may more responsible for my victories and failures.

My team-mate spotted some duders go into a house last night, and I was coming up behind them knowing I would almost certainly die because fuck assaulting a house and my geriatric reflexes, but he had the brilliant idea to just start spraying down the house. No targets or anything, and the bullets and gunfire and smashed windows covered my entry and the easiest kills I'll ever get from two distracted opponents.

Of course we get outsmarted way more often than stuff like that happens, but no AI enemy will ever give you that satisfaction.
It reasons like this that the game is so popular.
The third rule of "Fight Club"—wear a mask.

Jan 20, 2018, 07:21
Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified Jan 20, 2018, 07:21
Jan 20, 2018, 07:21

Uh, I hope you didn't mean me.. I don't hate any game.. except maybe X Rebirth. I just don't play games I don't.. well, like.

Jan 20, 2018, 01:46
Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified Jan 20, 2018, 01:46
Jan 20, 2018, 01:46

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 19, 2018, 21:26:
Make a game like this.. but 100% SP only with some fancy AI, and I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Actually, I want base-building in it though.

For me, better games than PUBG aplenty. Subnautica comes to mind. A true SP survival exploration game. (Soon out of EA)

Sir you are being hunted was an SP survival game as well. But it's just not the same.

I feel like a lot of you haters would actually love it, but it does require a certain amount of patience and the acceptance that you might not win very often. I think it's the only PvP I do these days.

It's lack of innovation is a strength in some ways. No crafting or taming or building or eating and shitting or any other obscure knowledge required. Just humans hunting humans with guns. It's an advantage to learn to use your sights to range-find but most the game occurs at sub-100 meters.

I'm still enjoying it immensely. It generates moments of insanity like no other game, without those moments being diluted by the rinse and repeat infinite respawn meaninglessness like with Battlefield. Almost every encounter is unique, and since positioning, teamwork and strategy are way more important than having the wired reflexes of a kid on amphetamines I feel may more responsible for my victories and failures.

My team-mate spotted some duders go into a house last night, and I was coming up behind them knowing I would almost certainly die because fuck assaulting a house and my geriatric reflexes, but he had the brilliant idea to just start spraying down the house. No targets or anything, and the bullets and gunfire and smashed windows covered my entry and the easiest kills I'll ever get from two distracted opponents.

Of course we get outsmarted way more often than stuff like that happens, but no AI enemy will ever give you that satisfaction. Also cheaters destroy this game even worse than that guy that goes 40-0 in Quake but they come in waves. When it's bad just don't play for a week until the waters clear again. Last week or so everyone seems just as useless as us and it's been amazing.

Jan 20, 2018, 00:17
Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified Jan 20, 2018, 00:17
Jan 20, 2018, 00:17

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 19, 2018, 21:26:
Make a game like this.. but 100% SP only with some fancy AI, and I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Actually, I want base-building in it though.

For me, better games than PUBG aplenty. Subnautica comes to mind. A true SP survival exploration game. (Soon out of EA)

Yeah so many better games than PUBG, like Banjo Kazooie.

Jan 19, 2018, 21:26
Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified Jan 19, 2018, 21:26
Jan 19, 2018, 21:26

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 2018, 22:07.

Re: Game Reviews
Jan 19, 2018, 20:56
Re: Game Reviews Jan 19, 2018, 20:56
Jan 19, 2018, 20:56

Leper wrote on Jan 19, 2018, 17:19:
So what else can they do besides banning them (with the side effect forcing the cheaters to buy another copy of the game if they want to play)? Is there some other way to deter cheating that they aren't doing? Who cares if it makes the company a little extra money if it's only cheaters paying? If you can't ban a cheater for life from your game, then at least they should have to pay more. Yeah, some of that money becomes profit but certainly some of it will get invested back into the game to make it better.
CS supposedly requires you to register and validate a phone number to your account in order to join ranked games. It's probably not a 100% perfect solution, but at least it makes it a little harder to just make endless throw-away accounts. I'd like to see something similar for PUBG. And let players who refuse to register/validate queue with other players who do the same.

Jan 19, 2018, 19:02
Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified Jan 19, 2018, 19:02
Jan 19, 2018, 19:02

There must come a time in the near future where people will try to dissect wtf the PUBG phenomenon was about -- how such an uninspirational game lacking any form of innovation got so mighty succesful.

It might come right after the game market crash many analytics see coming soon, where more than just games itself will come under heavy scrutiny.

I can't wait for that potential time. Considering all the fucking garbage especially since 2016, this market needs one fuck of a reset button. A fresh start where games like The Witcher 3 and Divinity Original Sin 2 stand as the foundation of new standards.

Jan 19, 2018, 17:35
Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified Jan 19, 2018, 17:35
Jan 19, 2018, 17:35

It would be nice if they would take all items from the Steam account when they get banned, make them lose their items. Even better, rip the items out of the market. ie: if you bought something from a hacking account, you get your money back and the item is destroyed - the money is then charged back to the hacker.

I am running into a lot of cheaters lately. Last night a dude was 1 shot people across the map with Winchester. It was me vs him for the win, he wasn't even facing me when I started shooting. I watched the replay. He killed 10 people in a row with quick iron sight Winchester shots. Only 2 of them were visible on the screen.

My concern with them is that they don't appear to even remotely have a clue on how to combat the cheaters, let alone figure out who is cheating. It is so blatantly obvious just by looking at stats. Anyone with more than 10 hours of game play and has a head shot % above 40 should be an instant ban. The best of the best hover around low 30%.

Win ratio should be an easy tipoff as well. Just go look at the top 10 leader boards within the game. The hacker accounts are disgustingly obvious. I am amazed every time I win, and assume a hacker got caught in a firefight early on and that is why they weren't there to kill me.

Jan 19, 2018, 17:19
Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified Jan 19, 2018, 17:19
Jan 19, 2018, 17:19

So what else can they do besides banning them (with the side effect forcing the cheaters to buy another copy of the game if they want to play)? Is there some other way to deter cheating that they aren't doing? Who cares if it makes the company a little extra money if it's only cheaters paying? If you can't ban a cheater for life from your game, then at least they should have to pay more. Yeah, some of that money becomes profit but certainly some of it will get invested back into the game to make it better.

Jan 19, 2018, 16:15
Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified Jan 19, 2018, 16:15
Jan 19, 2018, 16:15

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 19, 2018, 10:35:
Creston wrote on Jan 19, 2018, 10:28:
In addition, we are looking into adopting a new solution to detect and ban more cheaters and we have been continuously strengthening our security systems

Your game trusts the client for a lot of important information. I'm not really sure it can ever be made even remotely secure.
It works out pretty well for them. Ban cheaters, next day they re-buy the game. Rinse and repeat.
Works for CS, don't see why it wouldn't work for PUBG.
It's a rather successful business model

I wonder how much they actually make on that, since the cheats are heavily used by Chinese players. No way PUBG costs $30 in China. Make cosmetics non-tradeable and watch the cheater count nosedive...but then they couldn’t make extra money off trade transactions.

Jan 19, 2018, 14:07
Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified Jan 19, 2018, 14:07
Jan 19, 2018, 14:07

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 19, 2018, 13:54:
Banning 100,000+ people at a time? These guys just made themselves millions of dollars, when all of those asshats just buy new copies of the game.

Looks like I can be in the extreme minority and keep avoiding PUBG, if the cheating is still that bad.

Its still sad. I played it for some time and now I dont anymore because of the cheaters and the technical issues it has.
I actually miss it sometimes because its a very fun game otherwise.
Its simply sad when a game has so much promise but then ruins itself like that and similarly.
Ive seen quite a few games that do that in the last 2 years. Must be a new trend.
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

Jan 19, 2018, 14:04
Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified Jan 19, 2018, 14:04
Jan 19, 2018, 14:04

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 19, 2018, 13:54:

Looks like I can be in the extreme minority and keep avoiding PUBG, if the cheating is still that bad.

Won’t touch PUBG with a 60’ pole...

Closing their eyes to benefit their wallet? Such practices should be shunned upon and shot down on sight by us, the customers. It’s pretty much what’s wrong with the world today, greed over substance & quality.

Jan 19, 2018, 13:54
Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified Jan 19, 2018, 13:54
Jan 19, 2018, 13:54

Banning 100,000+ people at a time? These guys just made themselves millions of dollars, when all of those asshats just buy new copies of the game.

Jan 19, 2018, 13:22
El Pit

Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified Jan 19, 2018, 13:22
Jan 19, 2018, 13:22
 El Pit

"We know where they are and we will find them!" (Donald Rumsfeld)
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Jan 19, 2018, 12:55
Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified Jan 19, 2018, 12:55
Jan 19, 2018, 12:55

Quboid wrote on Jan 19, 2018, 12:42:
Listen Betty, don't start up with your blue zone shit again.

Love it!

Jan 19, 2018, 12:51
Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified Jan 19, 2018, 12:51
Jan 19, 2018, 12:51

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 19, 2018, 10:35:
In addition, we are looking into adopting a new solution to detect and ban more cheaters and we have been continuously strengthening our security systems

Your game trusts the client for a lot of important information. I'm not really sure it can ever be made even remotely secure.
It works out pretty well for them. Ban cheaters, next day they re-buy the game. Rinse and repeat.

GTA5 as well.

Jan 19, 2018, 12:42
Quboid

Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified Jan 19, 2018, 12:42
Jan 19, 2018, 12:42
 Quboid

Listen Betty, don't start up with your blue zone shit again.

Jan 19, 2018, 10:35
Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified Jan 19, 2018, 10:35
Jan 19, 2018, 10:35

Steam: SpectralMeat

Jan 19, 2018, 10:28
Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified Jan 19, 2018, 10:28
Jan 19, 2018, 10:28

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older