Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated]

SQUARE ENIX announces details about the FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION as well as a new FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL EDITION for consoles, saying the Windows release is now expected on March 6th with a benchmark tool to come on February 1st (Update: Corrected the date, apologies for the initial error in reporting the game was due on February 1st - thanks NKD). Word is: "The special editions feature the base game and over 20 game add-ons / DLC (downloadable content), as well as new features including an expanded map of Insomnia with new enemies and side quests and a first-person camera mode." They also offer complete system specifications, as we previously only had Windows 10 specs. Here's more on contents, system requirements, and preorder bonuses, featuring some criminal abuse of footnotes:

FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL EDITION and FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION will feature*:

• Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
  • A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
  • A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” - players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
  • A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
  • More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
  • All season pass content including EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES** and EPISODE IGNIS
  • Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
  • Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
  • New Trophies
  • The FINAL FANTASY XV base game

*Internet access is required
*FINAL FANTASY XV MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES requires a subscription to an Xbox Live Gold membership or a PlayStation®Plus subscription.

A benchmark tool and instructions to help players optimize their PCs for the game’s launch will be available beginning February 1. Please visit the official website for more information. FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION supports Native 4K and 8K resolutions with HDR10 and DOLBY ATMOS® along with ongoing mod support. Minimum, recommended and 4K PC specifications for players looking to enjoy the ultimate experience on PC are outlined below*.

Minimum Specs Recommended Specs 4K HDR Specs
OS Windows® 7 SP1/ Windows® 8.1 / Windows® 10 64-bit Windows® 7 SP1/ Windows® 8.1 / Windows® 10 64-bit Windows® 10 64-bit Fall Creators update
CPU Intel® Core™ i5-2500(3.3GHz and above)
AMD FX™-6100 (3.3GHz and above)
Intel® Core™ i7-3770(3.4GHz and above)
AMD FX™-8350(4.0 GHz and above)
Intel® Core™ i7-7700 (3.6GHz and above)
AMD Ryzen™ 5 1600X (3.6GHz and above)
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050
AMD Radeon™ R9 280
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6 GB VRAM
Radeon™ RX 480
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti
Main Memory 8GB 16GB 16GB
Screen Resolution 720p 1080p 4K(2160p)
Hard Disc Free Space on SSD OVER 100GB OVER 155GB
Sound Card DirectSound® Sound Card, Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos
DirectX® DirectX 11
Other DVD-ROM/DVD-ROM Drive*, mouse, keyboard, gamepad**
*A DVD-ROM Drive (one-sided 1 layer / 2 layer) is required
**Game is compatible with gamepad but not required

*Note that if the customer’s computer doesn’t meet the operating environment requirements, or even in the case that it does meet the environment requirements and recommended requirements, there will be cases where the operations may not function correctly due to the combinations or compatibility between each of the drivers, hardware and software.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 17, 2018, 13:54 Creston

Verno wrote on Jan 17, 2018, 12:15:
You barely get enough backstory on the "Bros", major characters characters in the story, without watching an accompanying media series and playing their now released DLCs. Ardyns motivations are incomprehensible. Why do so many important events involving characters like Aranea and Ardyn happen offscreen? Ravus's actions and their motivations were essentially patched in later. Chapter 13 is low hanging fruit so I'll just leave that one alone.

Oh, you were referring to Kingsglaive. Okay, yeah, I see what you're saying there. To be honest, the film itself was fucking awesome so I had no qualms about paying for it, but there was a lot of story in there that made things in the game make more sense. I didn't really think about how it would appear if you didn't have the movie knowledge available.

Ardyn's motivations indeed make no sense. It seems to be "I got betrayed (somehow), so now I'm just throwing an extensive temper tantrum." I actually figured it would just be revealed at the end that it was just all the Gods' doing, either for shits and giggles or as payment for their continued support, or whatever. Or that they would pull the old FF standby by revealing a Bigger Evil(tm) that was puppet mastering the Smaller Evil(tm) and that you'd never even heard of until the final battle.

Ravus' motivations do indeed make more sense with the movie added in, though even then it's still as baffling as Anakin suddenly deciding "yeah, I'm going to just slaughter Jedi children. That seems like a logical next step."

I mean, I get that he's pissed at the King for "abandoning" him (even though I kinda go "you could have just run away yourself? You were old enough that your legs worked? Apparently standing there yelling seemed like a valid option to you that should have enabled your salvation?") but even so, why the fuck would you then GO WORK FOR THE PEOPLE THAT INVADED IN THE FIRST PLACE?

I dunno, most Japanese stories seem to miss the crucial logic/common sense step.

I can only assume you played the game after the September patch where they finally made good on patching a lot of these things in, though I still would not say the games story is any good and I still believe several areas are deficient at best, incomplete at worst. Tabata has tried to shrug these off as "youre meant to see the world through Noctis" which frankly seems like a lot of bullocks to me.

Yeah that's a cheap excuse, because if that was the case, why do we see cutscenes outside of Noct's viewpoint? I don't think I played after the September patch, though. I think I played it somewhere during the summer. The main story beat was clear enough to me, but of course, I had seen Kingsglaive.

Bullshit like only takin one hunt at a time, major performance issues and so on were all present for a long time.

Fair enough, those didn't bother me so much. The performance was okay, nothing to write home about it, but you're playing it on (let's face it) pretty decrepit hardware so that was to be expected. It never occurred to me to do more than one hunt a time, to be honest, since typically they were all in such separate areas that you wouldn't have saved that much time by not going back in to report them first, but I can see why you'd hate that.

They've slowly added features, some free, some DLC but I still don't like what they're doing with the DLC and seasons pass. Frankly with how the game was released most of this should've been free. What's frustrating is that FFXV can be fun at times and had so much potential but they somehow squandered it despite it being in the tank for 10 fucking years. I know Tabata essentially rebooted it 4 years ago but still.

I know, I only have myself to blame for buying it at release. I know. I'm still pissed off about it though.

Fair enough, man

This comment was edited on Jan 18, 2018, 12:32.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 17, 2018, 12:15 Verno

You barely get enough backstory on the "Bros", major characters characters in the story, without watching an accompanying media series and playing their now released DLCs. Ardyns motivations are incomprehensible. Why do so many important events involving characters like Aranea and Ardyn happen offscreen? Ravus's actions and their motivations were essentially patched in later. Chapter 13 is low hanging fruit so I'll just leave that one alone.

I can only assume you played the game after the September patch where they finally made good on patching a lot of these things in, though I still would not say the games story is any good and I still believe several areas are deficient at best, incomplete at worst. Tabata has tried to shrug these off as "youre meant to see the world through Noctis" which frankly seems like a lot of bullocks to me.

That's just the story too. Bullshit like only takin one hunt at a time, major performance issues and so on were all present for a long time. They've slowly added features, some free, some DLC but I still don't like what they're doing with the DLC and seasons pass. Frankly with how the game was released most of this should've been free. What's frustrating is that FFXV can be fun at times and had so much potential but they somehow squandered it despite it being in the tank for 10 fucking years. I know Tabata essentially rebooted it 4 years ago but still.

I know, I only have myself to blame for buying it at release. I know. I'm still pissed off about it though.

Edit: And yeah the Glad DLC is balls.

Playing: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Spider-Man, Subnautica Below Zero
Watching: The Expanse, Three Kingdoms, The Curse of La Llorona

24. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 17, 2018, 11:44 Creston

Verno wrote on Jan 17, 2018, 11:29:
When massive chunks of the story are missing and have to be patched in later and necessary backstory is omitted in favor of DLC, I don't know what else to call that.

What backstory DLC are you referring to? You mean the episodes? I didn't feel like they added all that much, though I only played the Gladiolus one, which ostensibly is by far the weakest of all three of them. It doesn't really add much to the story, it really didn't even explain why Gladio suddenly turns into such a fucking dick.

23. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 17, 2018, 11:29 Verno

And while FF15 does feel rushed at the end, I didn't feel as if I got sold half a game for the money I spent.

When massive chunks of the story are missing and have to be patched in later and necessary backstory is omitted in favor of DLC, I don't know what else to call that. I actually quit playing at one point to wait for story and feature additions. Is there enough value there for the money? Sure it exists but I wouldn't call its release a finished game by any means.

I'm the worlds biggest FF apologist but this release was FF13 with somehow less polish and incomplete story. Waiting for the inevitable FF15-2 announcement to milk this cow even more.

22. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 17, 2018, 11:08 Creston

I can see Verno's point, on the flipside I never really felt that FF15 was reliant on the DLCs released so far (the stories of the three companions) to feel like a story by itself.

And while FF15 does feel rushed at the end, I didn't feel as if I got sold half a game for the money I spent.

I really quite enjoyed it, at least the open-world part of it. Once it goes on rails, and the cool camaraderie between your guys just ends and they do nothing but bicker at each other incessantly, my enjoyment went really downhill.

That terrible 13th chapter, where you have no powers except this supposed Ring of the Gods, and you have to solo a never-ending level with a ring about as useful as a decoder ring from a box of Cheerios, and you have to kite shit for hours on end while waiting for that fucking power to recharge, almost made me turn the game off forever. The only reason I didn't was because I wanted to see if (spoiler) Noct was somehow able to go back in time and save Lunafreya.

The story itself was pretty patchwork, there were entire sections that made no sense whatsoever (why the fuck did they summon Leviathan in the middle of a crowded city if they knew it would attack? Why not summon it in the middle of the fucking ocean then???), but I thought the combat was cool, especially once you mastered Airdancing, and it had a really awesome open world. Just gorgeous to look at, gorgeous to explore, cool areas to discover, the hunts were fun and very challenging, the guys during the first few chapters were fun to watch interacting with each other.

I think I'll bite again for the PC version, though not at 60 bucks. It actually reminds me that I haven't even downloaded 2 of the Episodes yet for the PS4.

21. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 17, 2018, 09:12 Verno

Task wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 18:17:
When people state that a publisher/developer cuts content, does one mean to say they think they did it on purpose? I mean FF15 was in development for a long time, at some point a developer has to say 'ok, we have to test what we have and prepare for release, we won't have time to add other planned additions in this phase.' Considering how much DLC it appears they added for this game, I don't think it would have possible to include all of that on release, including what appears to be additional story parts rather than dress up dlc.

You know what, in normal circumstances ok but gimme a break with this garbage. It was in development for 10 fucking years! It was restarted twice! Of course they could have waited a year to include all of the DLC they shipped but they didn't want to, they had angry shareholders to appease. They totally fucking screwed the pooch.

They're selling a season pass for this shit but planning to offer even more DLC outside of it. This is AFTER their colossal fuckups. They have literally admitted this is a business strategy for them now. So yeah, fuck no they don't get any of the usual "derp derp devs have to make content cutoff deadlines" excuses. They are just being greedy and I hope it really bites them in the ass down the line. I'm a huge FF diehard and I'm not going to touch the next one because of this nonsense. They shipped a fucking bizarre, half finished title and charged for the completion of it. Fuck that!

20. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 16, 2018, 21:39 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 15:37:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 15:00:
ForgedReality wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 13:48:
Plus, I mean, it's a console game.

Have you played Horizon Zero Dawn?

I don't even know what he means...

"I mean, it's a console game"... what?

It's made for one x86 CPU and GPU with RAM, HDD instead of another? The fuck is the difference?

If he meant "it's meant to be played with a controller" then he might have a shadow of a point. But who in the hell doesn't have a controller for their PC these days? Some games just work better with controllers, why would you limit yourself? Too much self-respect to lower yourself to playing with a controller = console trash?

How is this thinking still alive?

"Previous ports were fucking terribly done. Plus, I mean, it's a console game." ForgedReality is painting with a broad brush the connection between terrible ports and console games in general. My question implies he hasn't played ANY console games, otherwise he would know not all console games are terrible.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

19. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 16, 2018, 18:52 MattyC

Task wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 18:17:
When people state that a publisher/developer cuts content, does one mean to say they think they did it on purpose?

I would imagine most of the complaints here come from
***ARRR here be spoilers!***

the last part of the game where it suddenly gets very linear very quickly and then just fast forwards in time and ends. Most of the game is just this big open world with lots going on, Insomnia is... well almost nothing. It was extremely jarring to me and seemed to come from nowhere. The game also leaves a lot unresolved.

I don't think Square cut any of this though. At no point did I get that impression. I think they just were not done with the game but were forced to shove it out the door. At least that is how it felt to me.

Still a very fun game that I enjoyed overall, but

18. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 16, 2018, 18:17 Task

When people state that a publisher/developer cuts content, does one mean to say they think they did it on purpose? I mean FF15 was in development for a long time, at some point a developer has to say 'ok, we have to test what we have and prepare for release, we won't have time to add other planned additions in this phase.' Considering how much DLC it appears they added for this game, I don't think it would have possible to include all of that on release, including what appears to be additional story parts rather than dress up dlc.

Anyways, that Hard Drive space requirement... dude. I mean I want to get this game eventually, if its all on discs for PS4 (for anyone that does have the PS4 version, is that the case?), that would be easier for me personally than taking up 100+ gigs on my computer.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

17. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV Next Month; Specs Jan 16, 2018, 17:18 Desalus

Pepe wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 15:11:
I found it completely underwhelming, the combat was realy lackluster, good thing I started horizon zero dawn after finishing it or I would have never even bothered to try, worst FF game I ever laid my hands on.

You must not have played Final Fantasy 13 then. If there's an FF with lackluster combat 13 wins top spot.

16. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 16, 2018, 16:01 Slick

Lol, we loved the cup noodle mission in our household, made us go on a ramen bender for the next week.  

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

15. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 16, 2018, 15:56 HoSpanky

God, HZD is so goddamn good. It was the tipping point for me to buy a ps4, and it did not disappoint.

As for Final fantasy, we got that for the ps4 as well. The wife played it, never finished it. She got to some mission focused on Cup Noodle, which killed her interest in the game.

14. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 16, 2018, 15:43 NegaDeath

I enjoyed it enough, certainly more than XIII. It's pretty rough in spots but considering the development hell it went through and the structural changes at Square during that period I'm not surprised. Might serve better as a foundation for future games. Mod support sounds interesting though....  

13. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 16, 2018, 15:37 Slick

I don't even know what he means...

"I mean, it's a console game"... what?

It's made for one x86 CPU and GPU with RAM, HDD instead of another? The fuck is the difference?

If he meant "it's meant to be played with a controller" then he might have a shadow of a point. But who in the hell doesn't have a controller for their PC these days? Some games just work better with controllers, why would you limit yourself? Too much self-respect to lower yourself to playing with a controller = console trash?

How is this thinking still alive?

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

12. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV Next Month; Specs Jan 16, 2018, 15:11 Pepe

Verno wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 13:00:
SimplyMonk wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 11:36:
It was a solid addition to the franchise but nothing spectacular and, as a fan of the series, although you came to like the characters and their boy band feel, they were largely forgettable with very shallow back stories and almost no mystery. The open world, dungeons, and combat were highly enjoyable however. Just nothing of note to make a lasting impression like some previous titles.

My biggest criticism is that a lot of the "big moments" in the story fall flat or happen off screen and you are told about them through just talking to random NPCs. Where the game starts you off with a good open world experience and group mechanics, the second half of the game is literally on rails (you spend a good portion of it riding a train), limited environments, and all your group/character building is thrown out the window till the very end. The story wraps up nicely, but the second half of the game needed a lot more love.

There was no real depth to the combat system. 1, 5, even 20 hours into the game it just plays exactly the same with no real progression. It's OK and even threatens to be fun sometimes but it just goes nowhere interesting. The story doesn't make a lot of sense unless you buy all of the DLC, watch 2 fucking movies and read the in-game "lore". The game also has one of the worst battle camera implementations of all time.

The amount of cut content was just absurd and I can't support Square anymore with that kind of shit going on. Their new CEO even said that's the norm and fuck that. They can learn to make games on a regular schedule instead of over 10 years and being forced to ration out content to make back their lavish budgets.

The bullshit they did at release was hilarious too, can only accept 1 hunt at a time fuck right off.

I found it completely underwhelming, the combat was realy lackluster, good thing I started horizon zero dawn after finishing it or I would have never even bothered to try, worst FF game I ever laid my hands on.

11. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 16, 2018, 15:00 Kxmode

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

10. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 16, 2018, 14:59 Kxmode

I have this for the PS4 Pro so I'll try and play it on the console and save myself money.  

9. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 16, 2018, 13:48 ForgedReality

Who the fuck cares about Final Fantasy on PC? It's a game for consoles. Previous ports were fucking terribly done. Plus, I mean, it's a console game.  

8. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 16, 2018, 13:43 MacLeod

I actually enjoyed XV quite a lot. I never really had a problem with the on-rails part at the end, I think it made sense from the way the story was being told. It is a shame we didn't get to see all of the city though. It's actually the first FF game I've played to completion since VIII.

I've actually been debating whether I was going to get it again for PC just to play through again with the extra stuff... though the thought of running through Pitioss dungeon again makes me want to kill myself.

7. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV Next Month; Specs Jan 16, 2018, 13:12 SimplyMonk

Verno wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 13:00:
The amount of cut content was just absurd and I can't support Square anymore with that kind of shit going on.

Everything you say is valid, although I will say I enjoyed the combat a lot more once you opened up some of the more esoteric Royal Arms and could mix things up. I did only one play through and felt no urge to do the New Game+ mode so that is also saying something.

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo