Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Metaverse

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jan 16, 2018, 02:58 Wowbagger_TIP

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 15, 2018, 10:42:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 12:20:
Examples? Even the worst offenders like Milo took quite a while to get banned. It's not like it happened because of one or two things he said.

I assume that if there are people saying similarly offensive things on the left, that they haven't yet exhibited enough of a pattern of such behavior to get banned.
Kassy Dillon is a good example. You can start digging from there, it's not a rare thing. And they had no "profile of abuse."

So, you don't actually have any examples, you're just telling me to go find them myself. Got it. I'll just assume you're full of shit.

Saying they didn't have a profile of abuse is just ridiculous. In addition to the abusive posts of his own, Milo's whole thing was to rile up his fans and point them at a target. He did this over and over again. He knew exactly what he was doing, and Twitter had every reason to ban him.

Twitter should ban everyone that was sending the abusive messages, but they generally won't, at least not permanently. But then since they're a corporation, and it's their service, they can pretty much do whatever they want. It's just one of several reasons I don't bother with Twitter.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 15, 2018, 11:07 Sepharo

It's likely that Kassy Dillon was temp suspended for something else considering that Twitter didn't remove the post that all the conservative sites point to as their assumed reason for the suspension. Dillon herself says that she removed the tweet after people didn't understand she was making a parody post.

Stuff like this has happened before where internet sleuths assume they have found the violating tweet and then Twitter has come out and said that there were threatening private DMs or something else. The problem is that the echo chamber picks these things up and runs with them... so now there are articles that state authoritatively that a specific post is the reason for the ban/suspension when that actually may not have ever been clarified by either twitter or the user in question.

14. No subject Jan 15, 2018, 10:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 12:19:
Did you just call the star pupil of Breitbart "not conservative?"

And you respect, and even like, Milo, don't you?
So you're saying that the star pupil's on the left who write fro breitbart aren't left?

You're making tones of sense there, like usual.

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 12:20:
Examples? Even the worst offenders like Milo took quite a while to get banned. It's not like it happened because of one or two things he said.

I assume that if there are people saying similarly offensive things on the left, that they haven't yet exhibited enough of a pattern of such behavior to get banned.
Kassy Dillon is a good example. You can start digging from there, it's not a rare thing. And they had no "profile of abuse."

NKD wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 12:23:
Are there? Last I checked the "conservatives" in this country are all about big government when it's propping up dying industries in red states, enforcing Christian morality on people, or unleashing drones on the Middle East like a swarm of angry bees. And they looove to run the deficit up just as much as any liberal.

Yeah, libertarians exist, but they have no political influence in the mainstream.

"Conservative" in the US is just a misnomer for "Evangelical."
About time for you to step out of the big city, get out of the echo chamber, and start looking. Because of the ex-CEO of NPR(Ken Stern) could figure it out, it's time for you to start doing the same. You know the "rebpulicans" had their turning day with the tea party and driving those neocons out. You know where those neocons ended up? They were welcomed with open arms by the left and the DNC. David Frum is a great example of that.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

13. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 14, 2018, 12:23 NKD

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 10:14:
NKD wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 18:03:

Why do they allow so many fucking loudmouth conservative trolls? They are doing liberal bias wrong. (I use the term conservative loosely. I don't think there are any actual conservatives in America anymore.)

There's plenty of conservatives.

Are there? Last I checked the "conservatives" in this country are all about big government when it's propping up dying industries in red states, enforcing Christian morality on people, or unleashing drones on the Middle East like a swarm of angry bees. And they looove to run the deficit up just as much as any liberal.

Yeah, libertarians exist, but they have no political influence in the mainstream.

"Conservative" in the US is just a misnomer for "Evangelical."

Doors and corners, kid. Doors and corners.

12. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jan 14, 2018, 12:20 Wowbagger_TIP

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 10:31:
Quboid wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 10:27:
If Twitter has such a liberal bias, why did it take some wildly offensive conservatroll like Milo so long to get banned?
First thing, he's not conservative. He's stated he falls far more closely to social-libertarian. Second he's always claimed he was a provocateur, and that's always what's made him famous--and he's always given the same advice "if you don't want me to be famous by doing this, ignore me." The real question you should be asking, is why were conservative-leaning, or libertarian people banned and temp banned when they used the language(or exact verbatim) of "big left-wing names" word-for-word. That includes journalists, reporters, authors, and so on.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

11. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 14, 2018, 12:19 Beamer

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 10:31:
If Twitter has such a liberal bias, why did it take some wildly offensive conservatroll like Milo so long to get banned?
First thing, he's not conservative. He's stated he falls far more closely to social-libertarian. Second he's always claimed he was a provocateur, and that's always what's made him famous--and he's always given the same advice "if you don't want me to be famous by doing this, ignore me." The real question you should be asking, is why were conservative-leaning, or libertarian people banned and temp banned when they used the language(or exact verbatim) of "big left-wing names" word-for-word. That includes journalists, reporters, authors, and so on.

Did you just call the star pupil of Breitbart "not conservative?"

And you respect, and even like, Milo, don't you?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

10. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 14, 2018, 10:52 RedEye9

Why do they allow so many fucking loudmouth conservative trolls?
Twitter has explained why they have not banned President dRumpfs twitter (if you did not read it here's the TLDR, it was money)

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
"Nullity's Law"
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth

9. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 14, 2018, 10:31 Mashiki Amiketo

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

8. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 14, 2018, 10:27 Quboid

NewMaxx wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 07:43:
If you honestly don't think there's a double standard in social media then you're more lost than I thought.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 14, 2018, 10:14 Mashiki Amiketo

Why do they allow so many fucking loudmouth conservative trolls? They are doing liberal bias wrong. (I use the term conservative loosely. I don't think there are any actual conservatives in America anymore.)

There's plenty of conservatives. The sjw and progressive left have simply decided that anyone to the right of marx or trotsky is alt-right. That includes, left-of-center, center, center-right, right, libertarian, social-libertairan, conservative-libertairan no longer exist. The problem isn't that they don't exist, the problem is the people you're listening to are *telling you* they don't exist.

Enjoy the identity politics. And if you don't think that the progressive left aren't doing that? Go look at the leadership of the DNC, and other progressive left-wing groups. Go on, really look. You're going to find people like the #2 of the DNC who's an ardent ethnostatist(in sjw/progressive terms a nazi), and open racist and race baiter. And yes, Ellison is an ethnostatist he's openly proclaimed he wants a black-only state. And there's the SJW's who want segregation back, black-only spaces, if you're not a "POC" you can't attend *insert group meeting" and so on.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 14, 2018, 07:43 NewMaxx

If you honestly don't think there's a double standard in social media then you're more lost than I thought.  

5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 13, 2018, 21:37 NKD

Saboth wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 20:21:
Red886 wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 13:19:
Twitter is not apolitical. Its management has a strong liberal bias.

Simply comes with the territory. You won't find many Trump supporters in Silicon Valley or institutions of higher learning.

You can find plenty in your local church, police department, or Gamergate meetup though.

MrBone wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 19:51:
@NKD, I assume your vulgar post was meant to be ironic? Some people can't see the forest for the trees.

Not really but I can see why you'd think that. Blue's doesn't have a liberal bias in management, or any bias at all, and I don't post on Twitter. It's a legitimate question. If Twitter has such a liberal bias, why did it take some wildly offensive conservatroll like Milo so long to get banned?

4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 13, 2018, 20:21 Saboth

Simply comes with the territory. You won't find many Trump supporters in Silicon Valley or institutions of higher learning.

3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 13, 2018, 19:51 MrBone

@NKD, I assume your vulgar post was meant to be ironic? Some people can't see the forest for the trees.  

2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 13, 2018, 18:03 NKD

1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 13, 2018, 13:19 Red886

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo