Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 14, 2018, 00:24 jdreyer

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 11:48:
HoSpanky wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 09:38:
Cutter wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 20:21:
Hey Bezos why don't you try treating your employees well first?

I worked at an Amazon facility for about 10 months. The work is exhausting but itís warehouse work. Very simple and pays better than almost any other warehouse job. People complain because the system doesnít allow them to goof off.

Were you part time or full time? What building were you at, was it a FC or SC? I had to put in my time for about a year at CVG5 as part time, and then we opened CVG9 in October (the largest Sort Center for Amazon period) and went full time with Logistics. We are currently hovering around the 550k packages a day, and within the next 6 months we will be at a million packages a day.
I had full Dental, Vision health care as a part timer (the best Vision insurance I've ever seen short of being a salaried employee) from day 1. And Amazon offers quite a bit of College opportunities, as long as it's towards a field that goes towards business learning (no underwater basket weaving degrees).

There are two types of people at Amazon. Those there to work, and those there to just collect a paycheck. The latter don't last very long.

I only know what I've read in stories about working there. Do you think you'll be able to do that job when you're 60? Would you want to? I'm being serious, b/c I've got no insight, apart from a 3 month stint at UPS during the summer when I was in college.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 13, 2018, 11:48 The Half Elf

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 09:38:

I worked at an Amazon facility for about 10 months. The work is exhausting but itís warehouse work. Very simple and pays better than almost any other warehouse job. People complain because the system doesnít allow them to goof off.

Were you part time or full time? What building were you at, was it a FC or SC? I had to put in my time for about a year at CVG5 as part time, and then we opened CVG9 in October (the largest Sort Center for Amazon period) and went full time with Logistics. We are currently hovering around the 550k packages a day, and within the next 6 months we will be at a million packages a day.
I had full Dental, Vision health care as a part timer (the best Vision insurance I've ever seen short of being a salaried employee) from day 1. And Amazon offers quite a bit of College opportunities, as long as it's towards a field that goes towards business learning (no underwater basket weaving degrees).

There are two types of people at Amazon. Those there to work, and those there to just collect a paycheck. The latter don't last very long.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 13, 2018, 11:28 WaltC

Yea, Bezos, because there aren't any American citizens who might appreciate the scholarships--sure thing.  

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 13, 2018, 09:38 HoSpanky

6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 13, 2018, 04:32 jdreyer

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 02:36:

How exactly are they treated Cutter?

He's worked your fingers to the bone. TO THE BONE!

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

5. Microsoft opens the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update floodgates. Jan 13, 2018, 04:05 MeanJim

I thought I had done something yesterday to let the update to come through, but it looks like it was just a coincidence. I have my active hours set from 1pm to 1am and have the reboot task permanently disabled. Tonight was Arma night with friends, and one of them was online this morning and wanted to test a mission we tried to play last time and had problems with required mods before we played tonight. We were right in the middle of things, when my game started stuttering, then I got dropped to the desktop when Windows wanted me to reboot.  

MeanJim on Steam

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 13, 2018, 02:36 The Half Elf

How exactly are they treated Cutter?

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 13, 2018, 01:21 Fantaz

I really want a new mechanical keyboard with those RGB switches!  

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 12, 2018, 22:50 Kxmode

The latest Windows update replaced my Start menu with Windows defaults. Another quality Microsoft product... . :-/  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 12, 2018, 20:21 Cutter

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo