Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

GeForce NOW Beta

The NVIDIA website offers signups for those interested in beta testing GeForce NOW for Windows or macOS. This will provide a first-hand experience with this cloud gaming service to see how it lives up to the promise of transforming a humble underpowered laptop into a potent gaming PC. Here's word on testing, though they warn that availability will vary by location:

Experience GeForce NOW for macOS and Windows PC for free during the beta period. All you need is a good Internet connection and to live in North America or Europe. Request access to the beta below, and we’ll be in touch when there’s availability.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: GeForce NOW Beta Jan 12, 2018, 14:46 Lorcin

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 20:37:
Lorcin wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 19:00:
I'm spending about 90 mins sat in a parked car per work day due to the difference in my wifes and my hours. But this ain't gonna like mobile speeds I bet, and I only have a 2gb contract.

I'm seriously considering a switch because botw on Cemu is a lot of fun.

Dude. When you're sitting in your car and gaming... don't people who walk by, like, actually think you are playing with your dick?!

Or do you have the console taped to your wheel or dashboard so they can see yer hands?

Why would I care? The chunk at work before I start is in a private car park, a few other people from my town nap before they start. Journey is 35 mins most days but 1hr 15 at least once a week due to traffic so we all get there early.

The chunk outside my wife's is a public carpark - but all the shops are shut or shutting when I arrive!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: GeForce NOW Beta Jan 12, 2018, 09:48 YourNick

It's probably like Quake 1 online before QuakeWorld; you have to wait for the result of your movement input (though you could turn your view instantly.) If it's just a dumb client, then there's no client side prediction like in QuakeWorld which at least gives you the impression of immediate feedback to movement inputs.  

7. Re: GeForce NOW Beta Jan 11, 2018, 20:37 CJ_Parker

Lorcin wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 19:00:
I'm spending about 90 mins sat in a parked car per work day due to the difference in my wifes and my hours. But this ain't gonna like mobile speeds I bet, and I only have a 2gb contract.

Dude. When you're sitting in your car and gaming... don't people who walk by, like, actually think you are playing with your dick?!

Or do you have the console taped to your wheel or dashboard so they can see yer hands?

6. Re: GeForce NOW Beta Jan 11, 2018, 19:00 Lorcin

5. Re: GeForce NOW Beta Jan 11, 2018, 18:39 Orogogus

Quinn wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 18:22:
The other audience is the actual gamers that do whet for visuals and performance. Those people would be idiots to go for this fee and not invest in a killer gaming machine.

People who travel a lot, maybe. Gamers in the military, or the flight industry. I don't know what else could make it infeasible to set up a desktop. People gaming on company PCs?

4. Re: GeForce NOW Beta Jan 11, 2018, 18:22 Quinn

DangerDog wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 16:06:
$25 for 20 hours of gaming, I guess if you're trying to game on a mac or something and it's your only option.

Didn't get to read that yet. That is not appealing. I guess their audience is the kinda people that really want to play that one game, once in a blue moon. Like my father and his Railway Tycoon flirtations. Strange thing is that these people don't generally give a shit about performance or graphics.

The other audience is the actual gamers that do whet for visuals and performance. Those people would be idiots to go for this fee and not invest in a killer gaming machine.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

3. Re: GeForce NOW Beta Jan 11, 2018, 16:55 Cutter

Good interwebs connection? So gigabit in other words.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

2. Re: GeForce NOW Beta Jan 11, 2018, 16:06 DangerDog

$25 for 20 hours of gaming, I guess if you're trying to game on a mac or something and it's your only option.  

1. Re: GeForce NOW Beta Jan 11, 2018, 15:56 Sneakycamper

First ! Oh Ya !  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo