Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Dark Souls Remastered for PCs?

Nintendo announces Dark Souls Remastered, a new update of FromSoftware's action/RPG coming to Nintendo Switch on May 25th (thanks GameSpot). This was announced through a Nintendo Direct mini-presentation, hence the Switch focus, but according to Kotaku UK, in a few hours it will be announced that this is also coming to Windows, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. Here is the currently unconfirmed plan they say they heard from BANDAI NAMCO:

These ports are being handled by a separate company from the Switch port, and will feature rebuilt lighting and SFX based on Dark Souls 3, as well as upscaled textures. One change we've been made aware of is that multiplayer will be expanded to support six concurrent players, which makes sense if the goal is to get Dark Souls' covenant system working a little more smoothly.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Dark Souls Remastered for PCs? Jan 11, 2018, 23:06 jdreyer

Zoom wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 11:51:
@jdreyer get DSFix. Game is unbearable without it. It gets much better with this fix, actually some parts are even beautiful, and it's quite enjoyable and not as difficult as people make it to be (it's about learning attack patterns and move in consequence.. apart from one boss in a cramped area, they offer fair fights). Going to the end is really nice, and the DLC expansion while a bit more hardcore on the fights (one boss leaves almost no margin for reaction times) is also enjoyable. This game has deserves its reputation.

Thanks zoom. I'll check it out. My nephew wants to play and I need to get further along before we can do multi player.

Edit: also thanks to Bats and Redeye. I didn't think to check for mods.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Dark Souls Remastered for PCs? Jan 11, 2018, 18:41 Zoom

You still need DSFix. I just completed it with an Xbone pad, without too much difficulty, again people tend to overstate the difficulty of this game. I dont mind the deaths as long as they are fair, it reminds me of good arcade games i used to spend a lot of coins on, and i actually didnt die so much from bosses, mostly random exploration / falls... You do make progress everytime and there are quite enough save points (with shortcuts you can open and so on) so it doesnt become frustrating.  

10. Re: Dark Souls Remastered for PCs? Jan 11, 2018, 18:41 Bundy

Really wanted to like this series, but every time I try to play any of them I can't do it for more than half an hour. I just don't get it.  

9. Re: Dark Souls Remastered for PCs? Jan 11, 2018, 13:38 RedEye9

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dark_Souls:_Prepare_to_Die_Edition has more tips for pc play and dealing with randos.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
"Nullity's Law"
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth

8. Re: Dark Souls Remastered for PCs? Jan 11, 2018, 13:31 Primalchrome

I'll probably buy it for both platforms just to support FROM. Man I'm really hoping for a BloodBorne port one of these days. A *solid* BloodBorne port.

@Retired has a great link there for ways to tweak the original DS for PC. That said, I don't have a clue how people play it with keyboard and mouse. Seems like after Steam's Big Picture mode started fully supporting DualShock2's you didn't need DSFix anymore......but that may just be a wonderful dream I had.

7. Re: Dark Souls Remastered for PCs? Jan 11, 2018, 12:53 Retired

Zoom wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 11:51:
@jdreyer get DSFix. Game is unbearable without it. It gets much better with this fix, actually some parts are even beautiful, and it's quite enjoyable and not as difficult as people make it to be (it's about learning attack patterns and move in consequence.. apart from one boss in a cramped area, they offer fair fights). Going to the end is really nice, and the DLC expansion while a bit more hardcore on the fights (one boss leaves almost no margin for reaction times) is also enjoyable. This game has deserves its reputation.

The Steam Forums for the game have all the required info. They are doing a good job of keeping the game playable for people.

6. Re: Dark Souls Remastered for PCs? Jan 11, 2018, 12:03 RedEye9

Dark Souls definitely needed mods for it to look and work properly on pc. The original port ranged from horrible to unplayable.

I enjoyed it up to about my 139th death and that was enough. Plus I did not like the 0n-line part where randos from the intarweb could pop-in while you played.

This comment was edited on Jan 11, 2018, 12:59.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
"Nullity's Law"
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth

5. Re: Dark Souls Remastered for PCs? Jan 11, 2018, 11:51 Zoom

4. Re: Dark Souls Remastered for PCs? Jan 11, 2018, 11:27 Verno

Fucking hell, I will have to double dip now. Loved this shit.  
Playing: Pillars of Eternity 2, Far Cry 5, Persona 5
Watching: Safe, Game Night, Last Flag Flying

3. Re: Dark Souls Remastered for PCs? Jan 11, 2018, 11:17 jdreyer

Tried playing DS a couple of weeks ago. Hard to get into. I'm not partial to 3rd person action games to begin with, but also I was not happy with the movement either. The graphics didn't hold up well either.  

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

2. Re: Dark Souls Remastered for PCs? Jan 11, 2018, 11:02 sauron

Not sure about Dark Souls, but I'll definitely be picking up Ys VIII for the Switch when it comes out - it was in the same announcement. Base-building island-exploring JRPG for the win!  

Kittens!

1. Re: Dark Souls Remastered for PCs? Jan 11, 2018, 10:55 Alamar

I'll wait for a new title...

Though, to counter that... I'd be willing to throw a few bucks at a Demon Souls port, as unlikely as that would be... Bloodborne might be more likely, but also so very not ; )

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo