Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Gatherings & Competitions

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 12, 2018, 02:33 yuastnav

Cutter wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 17:19:
Prez wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 11:53:
No Overwatch League Team Signed The Game's Most Notable Female Pro To Their Roster

I suspect that the reason for this is that no one wants to deal with the sexual misconduct allegations that would likely follow. It's unfortunate but given today's climate surrounding that issue everybody in the sex-starved male dominated gaming scene just would rather avoid it completely.

And woman have no one but themselves to blame for fostering this age of puritanical witch hunts where even the slightest misstep can have you hunted down and persecuted by the Inquisition.

Did you deliberately use the singular form of woman and the plural "have no one but themselves" to confuse the reader whether you are talking about one specific woman or all women?

If it is the former, which woman are you talking about and if it is the latter...

... I do not see anything wrong with laying blame on a whole group, which roughly consists of half the population of the world, without differentiating. Especially with such a bold and seemingly baseless claim.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 11, 2018, 18:25 theglaze

It's always the victims fault.  

6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 11, 2018, 18:16 Beamer

Cutter wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 17:19:
No Overwatch League Team Signed The Game's Most Notable Female Pro To Their Roster

I suspect that the reason for this is that no one wants to deal with the sexual misconduct allegations that would likely follow. It's unfortunate but given today's climate surrounding that issue everybody in the sex-starved male dominated gaming scene just would rather avoid it completely.

And woman have no one but themselves to blame for fostering this age of puritanical witch hunts where even the slightest misstep can have you hunted down and persecuted by the Inquisition.

Perhaps men also have some blame for they way they've treated women?

Or will you #notallmen after #yesallwomen-ing?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 11, 2018, 17:19 Cutter

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 11, 2018, 14:47 Luke

Sadly yep

3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 11, 2018, 12:58 Linksil

I had the SF vs LA game on while working. I liked the overall way the broadcast was done, and they did give enough info that I feel if you didn't play the game you wouldn't be totally lost.

I liked the overhead map view enough I wish they made a way to have it attached 100% of the time. As a player I found it more interesting to see this and how the teams moved/positioned. I do wonder if they'll make vods or replay files in the future too.

Munching On: FF14 storyline, SAO PS4, Horizon.

2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 11, 2018, 12:09 PHJF

Pro gamers sweat enough without having a gurl sitting next to them... the BO would be unbearable!  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 11, 2018, 11:53 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo