Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Announced

Publisher SEGA and developer Creative Assembly announce Total War: Three Kingdoms, a new installment in the strategy series coming to PCs this fall via Steam. This will feature gameplay set in ancient China, as depicted in this announcement cinematic which uses the typical shouty naming convention of the series, showing the title as Total War: THREE KINGDOMS. Here's the announcement, which uses the more understated upper/lowercase:

SEGA® Europe Ltd. today announced the new historical strategy game Total War™: Three Kingdoms, the next major historical title in the Total War™ strategy series from Creative Assembly™, and the first to explore ancient China, will launch in Fall 2018.

It is 190CE and China is in turmoil. The Han Dynasty crumbles before the child-emperor, who is a mere puppet for the tyrant Dong Zhuo. The brutal and oppressive regime's power grows as the empire slips further into anarchy. Yet hope blossoms in the form of three heroes, sworn to brotherhood in the face of calamity. Warlords of great families follow suit, forming a fragile coalition in a bid to challenge Dong Zhuo's remorseless rule. The future of China will be shaped by their hands, but personal ambition threatens their already crumbling alliance.

Inspired by the beauty and artistic style of the age, Total War™: Three Kingdoms breathes life into the heroes of this fascinating period as they struggle to unite China under a single banner.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: AMD on Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus on AMD Jan 11, 2018, 02:12 Slick

So are these guys on a 12-month release schedule now?  

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: AMD on Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus on AMD Jan 11, 2018, 00:51 JSP

Finally another game based on a famous historical novel that spawned a strategy and Dynasty Warrior series from Koei. The novel itself is a pretty interesting read. If CA is able to re-enact some of the well known episodes in the novel and manage to include hundreds of major and minor set of characters it will be more than worth a trip. The generals probably will have to be mounted, just a nitpick from what I've seen in the trailer.  

4. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Announced Jan 11, 2018, 00:00 maddog

I haven't played or really much enjoyed a TW game since the first Rome. I've purchased plenty but they were all too complicated for my simplistic gaming preference.

I really wish more military\strategy games were like World in Conflict where I just handled units and not have to worry about cities and buildings and politics etc etc.

3. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Announced Jan 10, 2018, 19:51 Avus

Lu Bu is the general helping that fat guy (Dong Zhuo) in the trailer. He fights against the Liu's 2 generals (Guan Yu and Zhang Fei)  

“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

2. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Announced Jan 10, 2018, 19:49 Task

Here's to hoping the siege battles are not as dumbed down as Total Warhammer.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

1. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Announced Jan 10, 2018, 18:53 bhcompy

Soo.... this means Lu Bu?  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo