Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New SteelSeries Rival Mouse Features Dual-Optical Sensors

SteelSeries unveils a new Rival 600 mouse at CES, boasting this exclusively features their new TrueMove3+ sensor system. Besides the sexy name (which thankfully invokes neither birds of prey nor dinosaurs), they say TrueMove3+ features a dual-optical sensor set-up with one sensor dedicated to mouse liftoff, leading to less jitter, and the lowest lift-off distance ever achieved. They already have these for sale on the SteelSeries Website, where there's a commercial you can inflict on yourself which offers a stylized look at the product, redeemed by the presence of poop emojis and the line, "do you even lift bro?" This is a right-handed-only mouse, which also boasts lights and weights. Here's more:

The TrueMove3+ Sensor: Two Sensors – Next Level Precision
The Rival 600 is the most precise and customizable mouse that gives gamers unmatched precision and increased accuracy. The TrueMove3+ combines the first true 1-to-1 tracking sensor with a second Pixart sensor exclusively tracking the liftoff distance.

The TrueMove3 is a 12,000 CPI, 350 IPS optical sensor that SteelSeries built with sensor industry leader, PixArt. Its ultra-low-latency, rapid-response tracking delivers the most natural and accurate mouse movement. Unlike other mouse sensors bogged down with inefficient jitter reduction and tracking latency, TrueMove 3's 1-to-1 tracking from 100 to 12,000 CPI delivers true esports performance. The TrueMove3 was first introduced with the Rival 310 and Sensei 310 gaming mice. The custom-engineered TrueMove3 SROM dramatically reduces response time and greatly increases accuracy.

The second sensor allows gamers to adjust their lift-off distance like never before. Gamers can customize when the sensor stops and starts tracking when the mouse is lifted off its mat. This eliminates extra movement when gamers pick up and put down their mouse. The second sensor also features linear optical detection for true depth perception for the world’s most precise lift-off detection down to 0.5mm.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Re: New SteelSeries Rival Mouse Features Dual-Optical Sensors Jan 12, 2018, 10:49 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 09:51:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 19:40:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 13:05:
Edit: eRe4s3r check out the G900 as well, you can pick one up at half the price due to the G903 being out as the newer model.

Heh would be nice if... G900 costs like 120€ to 140€ and G903 138€ , basically a wash. As usual German prices though ;/
Just keep checking. I've picked mine up 50% off just before the holidays. It goes on sale every now and then for $99CDN which is like $15US or something

More like 65€ CDN $ isn't worth that much less... but that would be a good price. Meh, gonna check every few weeks I guess.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Re: New SteelSeries Rival Mouse Features Dual-Optical Sensors Jan 12, 2018, 09:51 SpectralMeat

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 19:40:
Edit: eRe4s3r check out the G900 as well, you can pick one up at half the price due to the G903 being out as the newer model.

Heh would be nice if... G900 costs like 120€ to 140€ and G903 138€ , basically a wash. As usual German prices though ;/
Just keep checking. I've picked mine up 50% off just before the holidays. It goes on sale every now and then for $99CDN which is like $15US or something

Steam: SpectralMeat

27. Re: Re: New SteelSeries Rival Mouse Features Dual-Optical Sensors Jan 11, 2018, 19:40 eRe4s3r

26. Re: Re: New SteelSeries Rival Mouse Features Dual-Optical Sensors Jan 11, 2018, 13:05 SpectralMeat

RGB dust pen
RGB cigarette lighter
RGB tea kettle

I really hope 2018 will be the last year manufacturers pushing RGB up the ass. Looking at the CES coverage though it doesn't look like they're done adding RGB to everything.

25. Re: Re: New SteelSeries Rival Mouse Features Dual-Optical Sensors Jan 11, 2018, 13:03 eRe4s3r

Rigs wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 12:56:
Beamer wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 08:08:
Or just get one of the wireless mice that charge via a USB wire, so when the battery is low it just magically turns into a wired mouse. No lost time for charging, no useless devices, and at its worst it takes up no more room than a wired mouse.

My G700 does this as well. It'll stay wireless for about two days MAX and then I have to plug it in again, which isn't a dealbreaker or PITA or anything. It just turns it into a wired mouse again. In fact, I use the wired mode more than the wireless. I would imagine that wireless would come more in handy if you're on the couch or on the go. But at the desk, it's fine either way...at least for me. Wireless or not isn't what I look for when checking out mice.

Really, it just has to have major RGB abilities up the ass, yo! LOLWTFYOLO420LIT, AMIRITE?...ugh...

=-Rigs-=

Interesting, so a G700 is something I am planning on getting then. I saw the G903 (Well obviously, since I linked to that) but 300€ for mouse and charger is just absolutely crazy...

I still have a G400 wired and kinda hate it, shitty cable, bad quality mouse wheel feedback... just not feeling it. It was the "argh I need a mouse" replacement when my 3rd and last MX518 failed, I had bought 3 way back when they came out....

24. Re: New SteelSeries Rival Mouse Features Dual-Optical Sensors Jan 11, 2018, 12:56 Rigs

Or just get one of the wireless mice that charge via a USB wire, so when the battery is low it just magically turns into a wired mouse. No lost time for charging, no useless devices, and at its worst it takes up no more room than a wired mouse.

My G700 does this as well. It'll stay wireless for about two days MAX and then I have to plug it in again, which isn't a dealbreaker or PITA or anything. It just turns it into a wired mouse again. In fact, I use the wired mode more than the wireless. I would imagine that wireless would come more in handy if you're on the couch or on the go. But at the desk, it's fine either way...at least for me. Wireless or not isn't what I look for when checking out mice.

Really, it just has to have major RGB abilities up the ass, yo! LOLWTFYOLO420LIT, AMIRITE?...ugh...

=-Rigs-=

23. Re: New SteelSeries Rival Mouse Features Dual-Optical Sensors Jan 11, 2018, 09:12 Mr. Tact

Darks wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 13:31:
At work and at home for the longest time I used the older Microsoft Wireless 2000. Best mouse I had ever used. the battery life for that mouse is insane. last for up to 5 to 6 months on two AA batteries.
Yep, one of the few things I'm willing to give Microsoft praise on. I bought a Microsoft Wireless 5000 sometime between 2000-2005, not really sure when exactly. I loved it. As you said, the battery life is excellent and the size and shape is perfect as far as I am concerned. After 5-6 years I thought, I need to get another one of these in case this one ever fails. I found out it was being discontinued, so I went out and bought five of them. Four are still sitting in the closet.

MS now markets a different mouse under the same moniker, but it is nothing like the one I have. Which I am guessing will be the only mouse I use for the rest of my life.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

22. Re: . Jan 11, 2018, 09:08 SpectralMeat

The g900 is like that. The 903 uses the mouse pad to charge but I can't justify the added cost. Not to mention it is a first gen product which I'd stay away from.

Saw Razer, Corsair coming out with their own wireless charging techs.

For now I think the G900 is the best value for wireless mice and if you turn all the RGB shit off the battery lasts quiet a bit.

21. Re: . Jan 11, 2018, 08:08 Beamer

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 07:07:
intermarer wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 02:47:
Jeez, do people still buy wired mice? Wireless used to suck, but with the quality these days I can't imagine ever going back

No what sucks is the recharging solutions, you could have the best mouse ever, if at the end of the day I have to recharge batteries myself in yet another useless device that clocks up my desk then that sucks.

And if you want wireless recharge you must have better eyes than me, because I couldn't find any available ones anywhere.. meh... If I could recharge mouse at night on the mouse pad or a dock, then I would instantly go for wireless.

I guess there is this but expensive +.+

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

20. Re: . Jan 11, 2018, 07:07 eRe4s3r

Jeez, do people still buy wired mice? Wireless used to suck, but with the quality these days I can't imagine ever going back

No what sucks is the recharging solutions, you could have the best mouse ever, if at the end of the day I have to recharge batteries myself in yet another useless device that clocks up my desk then that sucks.

And if you want wireless recharge you must have better eyes than me, because I couldn't find any available ones anywhere.. meh... If I could recharge mouse at night on the mouse pad or a dock, then I would instantly go for wireless.

I guess there is this but expensive +.+

19. Re: New SteelSeries Rival Mouse Features Dual-Optical Sensors Jan 11, 2018, 03:55 Rigs

VaranDragon wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 14:08:
Logitech MX510/518 Forever....

Take your fancy sitty mice and get off my lawn!

Damn I miss my MX518! After 5+ years, I gave it to a good friend for his birthday and bought myself a G700. It's been really good to me and I like that I can rebind every single button to whatever I want and that it has a detachable cord, tho the (rechargeable) battery life is on the low side, only a day or two on a charge (and they say specifically >NOT< to use regular batteries, whether that's just fear-mongering so you'll buy their rechargeable replacements or what, I dunno). My friend had the MX518 (and the G15 keyboard with it) demolished within the space of four months.

I think the best 'modern' mouse out there EVER has to be the MX518. I've never seen a bad thing said about it and it's lauded as legendary to most. I've strongly considered getting a new one. But then, I like having tons of buttons on my mouse, so I was also considering one of those 'MMO' mice with the keypad-like thing on the side. THEN, I saw the STEELSERIES Rival500 and now I'm pretty sure that will be my next mouse. All the buttons, none of the keypad...

=-Rigs-=

18. Re: . Jan 11, 2018, 03:18 NewMaxx

I had to charge my G700s way too often even though it was amazing, despite the less-than-perfect sensor. I swapped it evenly with the Deathadder. The G900 on the other hand is so ridiculously awesome there's no way I'm ever going back...and again that might not be valid for the esports, roll 10 feet to move an inch crowd, but for me it's the best experience available.

17. Re: New SteelSeries Rival Mouse Features Dual-Optical Sensors Jan 11, 2018, 03:08 NewMaxx

Qvark wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 14:20:
Pff the G900 has a better sensor than the Rival 300, so that statement makes no sense.

Considering the G900 has more or less the most accurate sensor on the market, yeah...

On the other hand I've seen people say they PREFER acceleration (pointer speed not at balance) in Windows so yeah. Setting your pointer speed to anything but center is losing precision, people. It's almost as if science (and the G900 is scientifically proven to f'n own even the wired Deathadder) means nothing.

16. Re: New SteelSeries Rival Mouse Features Dual-Optical Sensors Jan 11, 2018, 03:01 NewMaxx

The G900 is the best mouse I've ever used (2nd place would go to the Deathadder). It has an incredible sensor on top of everything else. I would recommend Zowie for the "large mouse pad" crowd but frankly that's poser shit. If you have to move your hand rapidly multiple times to do a 180 you should go back to the early 90s as far as I'm concerned, but hey. If you actually like a decent, lightweight, wireless mouse, the G900 destroys anything ever made, hands-down. I'll never be the best but frankly I don't want to be if it means making gestures that resemble mouse ball days but maybe that's just me.

This comment was edited on Jan 11, 2018, 03:13.

15. . Jan 11, 2018, 02:47 intermarer

14. Re: AMD on Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus on AMD Jan 10, 2018, 19:33 JSP

It's all about the shape and ergonomics that make for better accuracy and comfort imo, rather than sensor or weight. The custom weight is a nice feature, but I wonder why mouse manufacturers don't do much with custom shapes like g9x or Rat 7. Hands do tend to get used to the shape after a while, but it's the only area where mouse tech could go aside from wireless rapid charging.  

13. Re: New SteelSeries Rival Mouse Features Dual-Optical Sensors Jan 10, 2018, 16:24 WaltC

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 12:27:
Although the 600 has a removable cable so I may consider it. At least I can replace the wire if anything happens to it again, but wireless is still much nicer imo than wired.
No cable drag, no clutter on the desk etc.

I have an inborn, congenital aversion to batteries--which are seemingly always demanding some kind of attention, like recharging or replacement, and so I won't touch wireless *anything*--even wireless modems that don't require batteries. Ugh...;) I use a 16k dpi capable wired mouse running at 8k dpi--which is plenty for me, and my full range of movement with the cursor @ my native 2560x1440 is about ~1.5 square inches on the desktop--maybe even just one square inch. I have complete freedom of movement without having to move my palm on the desktop--just the mouse in my fingers. So that eliminates so-called "wires getting in the way"--I mean, really, who would use a decent wired mouse without making sure his chord was free from obstruction? I think it's great if you prefer wireless, of course, but it doesn't do much for me, really.

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

12. Re: New SteelSeries Rival Mouse Features Dual-Optical Sensors Jan 10, 2018, 16:05 RedEye9

Guru wins.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/topic/russia-connection
The game’s afoot.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/fact-checker-most-repeated-disinformation/

11. Re: New SteelSeries Rival Mouse Features Dual-Optical Sensors Jan 10, 2018, 15:48 Darks

Uh oh, we have a suspect versus Guru. Ill go with the Guru  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

10. Re: New SteelSeries Rival Mouse Features Dual-Optical Sensors Jan 10, 2018, 15:10 SpectralMeat

Qvark wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 14:20:
Re: New SteelSeries Rival Mouse Features Dual-Optical Sensors Jan 10, 2018, 12:27 SpectralMeat

I've used the Rival 300 for the longest time and abolutely loved it. The shape of the mouse fits my hand perfectly and the sensor was the best I have ever used.

Unfortunately the cord got all chewed up by my cat so I was forced to switch to something else.
The Logitech G900 is almost as comfortable but I find the sensor to be not as good as the SteelSeries.

Pff the G900 has a better sensor than the Rival 300, so that statement makes no sense.
Have you used both? Don't give a shit which sensor is "better" on paper
I have used both, for me the Rival 300 feels better in terms of accuracy.

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo