Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PUBG Testing New Crates

A post on Steam outlines a new patch for PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS that includes a bunch of tweaks as well a two new microtransaction crates. Here's word:

We will also be testing the new crate system with two new crates. We know some of you have been looking forward to this. One crate will be free to open and the other one will require a key. Every test server user will be granted 100 000 BP and 6 Early Bird keys (the new unified PUBG crate key that can open Desperado and Gamescom crates), so that they can test the new crates and the items within. Each time you spend BP to get a crate, you will get one of the 4 available crates. There will be a much higher chance of getting one of the two new ones. You can see the exact percentage values below. The BP value, the new items and the keys wonít be transferred to live accounts. They are granted purely for the purpose of testing, to make sure that everything stays stable once the test build is moved to the live servers. As always, all our crate items are purely cosmetic in nature and provide no gameplay advantage.

Please read the detailed patch notes below to learn about these and other changes and fixes included in the current test build and please keep providing your valuable feedback on our forums: https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/forum/40-test-server/

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 11, 2018, 08:59 SimplyMonk

Gold is farmable in GW2 and can be directly converted into gems and a lot of the best legendary skins can be sold for gold. Iím sorry, but I fail to see a big difference in the mechanics of the economies. It is a little harder to turn gold or items into real money, but third party gold farmers still exist in GW2.

The reason why things are stable in GW2 is because GW2ís popularity isnít what it was and Arena Net does a good job policing it making it harder to game the system. My real point here is that all PUBG needs to do is better policing and the system is by far the least egregious micro transaction system that exists.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 10, 2018, 16:04 Muscular Beaver

SimplyMonk wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 14:19:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 02:39:
If youre so concerned about getting money with cosmetics, then do it like GW2 does.

I guess you having been paying attention to GW2, but just recently the ran a loot box for mount skins. That being said, there isn't a good deal of difference between some of GW2's offerings, which do have a few loot box mechanics, and this. I think the main thing is that GW2 does a much better job of policing them game and combating cheaters/farmers as they directly hurt their bottom line.

GW2 still has issues with cheaters and farmers, but they aren't as prevalent because it is harder to turn a profit and make lucrative.
You should read the comment properly you try to reply to.
I have been playing GW2 lately, yes, and the difference is that you cant sell that "loot box" for real money or farm for it. You actually have to pay for it. If people are that desperate for some mount-bling, so be it. For a MMO that doesnt charge monthly fees thats a good system. It doesnt change anything about the balance, doesnt give you any advantages, doesnt make you progress faster or even skip it, and doesnt attract cheaters and farmers. I myself have put as much money into that game as I would have paid monthly fees on other MMOs. I see no problem with that. But of course there are also people who overdo it.

Any online game has cheaters and any MMO with an economy has farmers. Its the number of them I am talking about. In GW2 both are virtually non-existent, because its a good system.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

23. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 10, 2018, 14:19 SimplyMonk

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 02:39:
If youre so concerned about getting money with cosmetics, then do it like GW2 does.

I guess you having been paying attention to GW2, but just recently the ran a loot box for mount skins. That being said, there isn't a good deal of difference between some of GW2's offerings, which do have a few loot box mechanics, and this. I think the main thing is that GW2 does a much better job of policing them game and combating cheaters/farmers as they directly hurt their bottom line.

GW2 still has issues with cheaters and farmers, but they aren't as prevalent because it is harder to turn a profit and make lucrative.

22. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 10, 2018, 02:39 Muscular Beaver

SimplyMonk wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 15:29:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 14:31:
Never liked those either because of the same reasons.
And yes, acceptance of them has enabled even more audacious stuff, like this.

How is this audacious? These are cosmetics items that probably wouldn't even be made if they didn't supply an additional revenue stream to the game. The model is fair and you have all the information you need to make decisions if you want to participate or not.

RNG didn't give you the item you wanted? Well go trade your item in for cash and buy the one you want at the market determined price. Don't want to deal with loot crates at all? Fine. Just go buy the items outright from other players.

There is as much gambling in this system as you are willing to accept. With how things are setup, the prices will stay fixed to supply and drop rate based on market pressures. It is almost no difference than if they sold the items in a store for a fixed price except if you want to gamble a little and get lucky you can.
Look at the amount of Chinese cheaters/farmers and you know why.
If youre so concerned about getting money with cosmetics, then do it like GW2 does. That way at least the cheaters/farmers stay out and everyone has the same chance/work.

Games like these have created an industry which promotes cheating and gambling. Of course you will see it more often, if you accept it in one case.

Overon and thecakeisalie have explained it well enough as well.

21. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 9, 2018, 20:22 HorrorScope

edaciousx wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 14:49:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 13:39:
3 or 4 posts of people thinking crates are being added for the first time...

i know right? They had 2 crates for some time now, they are just adding another 2 more crates.

So they are expanding crates by a full 100%!

One could literally say they are doubling down on crates.

20. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 9, 2018, 19:09 thecakeisalie

Overon wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 18:41:
Fuck loot crates. Fuck PUBG. Games are becoming vectors for pseudo gambling and software as a service and their makers are taking advantage of behavioral economics based psychological manipulation of their audience.

Yup. Worst part is that Valve/Steam facilitates the "trading" of this stuff, gets a cut and turns a blind eye while kids gamble on 3rd party sites sometimes losing skins that some nutters will pay hundreds for. We desperately need regulation on ALL gambling boxes.

PS - Valve is becoming almost as bad as EA/Activision these days. The flood of mobile pay-to-win PC ports onto Steam is insane. These "games" and asset flips are invading the PC marketplace drowning out all of the actually legitimate games that try to make a go on Steam. Valve is all to happy to take their money and peddle this shite to PC gamers. Gabe Newell needs to be called out for his greed. He's been given a pass by PC gamers for too long.

19. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 9, 2018, 18:41 Overon

Fuck loot crates. Fuck PUBG. Games are becoming vectors for pseudo gambling and software as a service and their makers are taking advantage of behavioral economics based psychological manipulation of their audience.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2018, 18:56.

18. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 9, 2018, 17:09 SimplyMonk

jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 16:56:
Shorter SimplyMonk: "It's the same as buying in a store! Well, except for the gambling part."

Same as buying in a store if you buy from other players.

17. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 9, 2018, 16:56 jdreyer

Shorter SimplyMonk: "It's the same as buying in a store! Well, except for the gambling part."

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

16. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 9, 2018, 16:49 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 13:19:
We know some of you have been looking forward to this

Really? Are you sure about that?

In their defense, grammatically "some" means more than one. I'd say out of twenty million people that two are looking forward to it.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

15. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 9, 2018, 15:29 SimplyMonk

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 14:31:

How is this audacious? These are cosmetics items that probably wouldn't even be made if they didn't supply an additional revenue stream to the game. The model is fair and you have all the information you need to make decisions if you want to participate or not.

RNG didn't give you the item you wanted? Well go trade your item in for cash and buy the one you want at the market determined price. Don't want to deal with loot crates at all? Fine. Just go buy the items outright from other players.

There is as much gambling in this system as you are willing to accept. With how things are setup, the prices will stay fixed to supply and drop rate based on market pressures. It is almost no difference than if they sold the items in a store for a fixed price except if you want to gamble a little and get lucky you can.

14. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 9, 2018, 15:14 SpectralMeat

edaciousx wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 14:49:

i know right? They had 2 crates for some time now, they are just adding another 2 more crates.
That hasn't been made very clear by the announcement to people that doesn't play the game.

Steam: SpectralMeat

13. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 9, 2018, 14:49 edaciousx

12. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 9, 2018, 14:31 Muscular Beaver

SimplyMonk wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 13:56:
These are cosmetic item crates that have their contents and drop rates fully displayed and are part of a system that allows open trading.

If you are going to get up in arms about this, I don't know what to tell you except ask how that fight of yours against Magic: The Gathering is going and every TCG ever released? Not well I imagine, but I guess they haven't caused the downfall of society either.

11. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 9, 2018, 13:56 SimplyMonk

These are cosmetic item crates that have their contents and drop rates fully displayed and are part of a system that allows open trading.

If you are going to get up in arms about this, I don't know what to tell you except ask how that fight of yours against Magic: The Gathering is going and every TCG ever released? Not well I imagine, but I guess they haven't caused the downfall of society either.

10. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 9, 2018, 13:39 Sepharo

9. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 9, 2018, 13:19 Creston

We know some of you have been looking forward to this

Really? Are you sure about that?

8. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 9, 2018, 12:52 HorrorScope

We've made money beyond our wildest dreams... now lets go for the jugular.

If only cosmetic no big to me, but I can still see why people don't like it.

7. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 9, 2018, 12:36 edaciousx

They need to fix the hacking.

And developers should really just sell individual aesthetic items instead of only boxes. They do this with Dota 2 however some items can only be purchased through opening loot boxes.

6. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 9, 2018, 12:06 Ozmodan

Here we go with the RNG boxes. These developers just cannot resist putting gambling into their products.  

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo