Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

NVIDIA BFGD Revealed

NVIDIA announces the BFGD (Big Format Gaming Display), a gaming monitor planned for release this summer that boasts a mind-boggling 65" screen size and built-in Shield streaming. They promise a "buttery-smooth gaming experience and your favorite media streaming applications — all on a giant screen." This boasts a 120Hz refresh rate and support for the latest G-SYNC HDR technology. Some details are still not revealed, such as the type of panel this will use, and what sort of pricing to expect. Here's what they are saying for now:

At BFGD’s Heart: G-SYNC HDR
At the heart of BFGDs is the latest G-SYNC HDR technology that synchronizes the display’s 120Hz refresh rate to that of the game at every moment in time. This G-SYNC Variable Refresh Rate technology delivers a highly responsive, smooth, tear-free, immersive gaming experience unmatched by any display of this size.

Additionally, the 4K HDR display features a full-array direct backlight, 1,000-nit peak luminance and DCI-P3 color gamut for the ultimate in visual quality.

Ultra-Low Latency Gaming
Nothing is more important to gamers than responsive gameplay. G-SYNC technology brings the ultra-low latency found in G-SYNC desktop gaming monitors to the BFGD when gaming directly on the PC, Android™, another console or using NVIDIA GameStream™ technology from a desktop or laptop gaming PC.

Big Screen Streaming
The integration of the Android TV™-based SHIELD into BFGDs allows gamers to easily switch between gaming and other forms of entertainment. The bundled SHIELD remote and game controller allow for easy navigation and access to all of the world’s biggest streaming apps, including Netflix, Amazon Video, YouTube™ and Hulu.

With support for the Google Assistant, the entire experience can be controlled simply by using your voice. G-SYNC HDR technology also supports video playback at native framerates, including popular 23.976, 24 and 25 FPS formats. This matches the screen’s refresh rate to the video source’s actual frame rate, eliminating interpolation and presenting the video content as it was intended to be viewed by the director.

View
15. Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Jan 8, 2018, 15:05 NewMaxx

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 14:40:
I guess I'm an old man now because I am still rocking 1080p, 120Hz displays and am absolutely fine with it.

I'm enjoying my 24", 1080p, 144 Hz G-Sync enabled monitor (which happens to be on sale right now) that I picked up in June (see my NE review for full details). Coupled with a GTX 1080, RB6 is blissful, truly amazing. My brother insists on gaming on a TV - he just picked up a "low latency" 49"/120 Hz for gaming - something I never understood. At 120 Hz (interpolation) the latency is sinful, even at 60 Hz it's 12-13ms which for me now is like, lolwut. Not to mention the motion blur (which you can't turn off on that model). I realize people love gamepad gaming on a big TV but once you try 1ms G-Sync it's like forget-about-it!

So a TV like this one (BFGD) actually appeals to me, especially with SHIELD streaming built in. I do have a SHIELD TV which I love going on two years now, but to couple that with a TV that actually isn't shit for real PC gaming would be fantastic. I'm just preempting all the guys who insist that gaming on a big TV is the bee's knees because quite frankly you're delusional if you think it's even close to comparable with 120 Hz/1ms G-Sync on a game like RB6. This TV closes that gap. (I mostly use my TV + SHIELD for multimedia, media streaming, Android gaming, that sort of thing - I do stream to my Steam Link but nothing fast-moving and I largely only use monitors + ethernet)

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jan 8, 11:12 Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Alamar
  2. Jan 8, 11:31 Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Verno
  3. Jan 8, 11:59  Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Nimh
  4. Jan 8, 12:13 Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Creston
  5. Jan 8, 12:20  Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Tipsy McStagger
  6. Jan 8, 12:44   Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed yonder
  7. Jan 8, 12:48    Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Tipsy McStagger
  9. Jan 8, 12:50     Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed eRe4s3r
  8. Jan 8, 12:49    Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed RedEye9
  10. Jan 8, 12:55     Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Nimh
  11. Jan 8, 14:34      Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Creston
  14. Jan 8, 14:45       Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed jdreyer
  16. Jan 8, 15:15       Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed NewMaxx
  17. Jan 8, 15:32       Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed CJ_Parker
  13. Jan 8, 14:40      Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Burrito of Peace
>> 15. Jan 8, 15:05       Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed NewMaxx
  12. Jan 8, 14:36   Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Creston
  18. Jan 8, 15:56    Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed sauron
  19. Jan 8, 16:00 Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed ForgedReality
  24. Jan 8, 19:19  Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Alamar
  20. Jan 8, 16:17 Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Ozmodan
  21. Jan 8, 17:01  Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Luke
  29. Jan 9, 05:00   Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed jdreyer
  22. Jan 8, 17:38 Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Redmask
  30. Jan 9, 05:01  Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed jdreyer
  32. Jan 9, 13:18   Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed RedEye9
  33. Jan 9, 15:27   Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Verno
  23. Jan 8, 19:16 Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed RaZ0r!
  28. Jan 8, 23:03  Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed sauron
  31. Jan 9, 05:02  Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed jdreyer
  34. Jan 10, 11:48   Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed chickenboo
  25. Jan 8, 19:35 Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed bhcompy
  26. Jan 8, 19:54  Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed CJ_Parker
  27. Jan 8, 21:23 Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Redmask
  35. Jan 10, 12:04 Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Verno

footer

Blue's News logo