Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Another Destiny 2 Progression Impediment?

Probably last thing Destiny 2 players want to hear about is another progression issue with the first-person shooter sequel, but a thread on reddit discusses an undisclosed glimmer cap that kicks in after a certain point, which can grind your grinding to a halt (thanks GameRevolution via MP1ST). Something that comes up in several responses is that this cap also existed in the original Destiny. Here's word:

I don't know if this is news to anyone but I did three tests to confirm it in the EDZ where Devrim is, and one on Titan. There are tons of enemies to kill when the fallen and cabal "move against each other" so it was rather easy. Once you gain a certain amount of glimmer (400ish?), the currency stops coming until you refrain from killing anything for a while. If you take a break for a moment, the next glimmer cap is even smaller (mine stopped at 200 after a 20 second rest).

In one particular instance, after I stopped gaining glimmer, I must have killed at least 60 enemies who didn't drop any glimmer at all. I was at 6000 glimmer, gained about 280 before the glimmer stopped, and then proceeded to kill enemies for several minutes after that. When I finally stopped and checked my inventory, I was at 6280 glimmer.

This may be old news I was unaware of. Either way, it seems like a pointless farming cap that would be near impossible to exploit and has to go. It makes me wonder how much glimmer I've lost out on in strikes and raids where the enemies come constantly and in great numbers.

View
1. Re: Another Destiny 2 Progression Impediment? Jan 1, 2018, 11:48 deqer

Only bad game designers implement caps, which ruin the unexpected fun aspects of the game.

I guess Bungie is just bad at game design and should probably stop making games.

Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
>> 1. Jan 1, 11:48 Re: Another Destiny 2 Progression Impediment? deqer
  2. Jan 1, 14:23  Re: Another Destiny 2 Progression Impediment? Rhett
  3. Jan 1, 15:54  Re: Another Destiny 2 Progression Impediment? NewMaxx
  4. Jan 1, 19:05   Re: Another Destiny 2 Progression Impediment? Slick
  5. Jan 1, 19:07   Re: Another Destiny 2 Progression Impediment? Wallshadows
  7. Jan 1, 19:33  Re: Another Destiny 2 Progression Impediment? Jagacademy
  8. Jan 1, 20:16   Re: Another Destiny 2 Progression Impediment? Rhett
  9. Jan 1, 21:04    Re: Another Destiny 2 Progression Impediment? Pepe
  10. Jan 2, 12:04    Re: Another Destiny 2 Progression Impediment? Flatline
  11. Jan 4, 02:45    Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Wowbagger_TIP
  6. Jan 1, 19:15 Re: Another Destiny 2 Progression Impediment? Sempai

footer

Blue's News logo