Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend

Another free weekend is underway on Steam for Killing Floor 2, Tripwire's zombie shooter sequel (thanks Ant). Their last free weekend ended just a couple of weeks ago, and while they touted that event with a prominent announcement, this new free weekend is presented without any news stories or other fanfare. Killing Floor 2 is also on sale right now for half-off, and here's a refresher on the game that may pique your interest:

In KILLING FLOOR 2, players descend into continental Europe where the outbreak caused by Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has quickly spread and gained unstoppable momentum, essentially paralyzing the European Union— Just one month after the events in the original KILLING FLOOR, the specimen clones are everywhere and civilization is in disarray; communications have failed, governments have collapsed, and military forces have been systematically eradicated. The people of Europe know survival and self-preservation too well and lucky survivors have gone into hiding.

Not all have given up hope though... A group of civilians and mercenaries have banded together to combat the outbreak and established privately funded operation bases across Europe. Upon tracking specimen clone outbreaks, players will descend into zed-laden hot zones and exterminate them.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend Dec 31, 2017, 15:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

deqer wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 11:22:
Osc8r wrote on Dec 30, 2017, 22:27:
Fun for a while, but get's repetitive.

-edit- That said, everyone should definitely try it.
Unless you have all weapon perks, and played every map and experienced every scenario of monster waves on those maps?

THat's where I'm at, deqer. I've leveled my perks, played all the maps, used all the weapons (except whatever may have been added this last patch?). It's a fun game, but it's also up to 40gigs, without custom maps installed. Too many other large footprint games right now for me to still have KF2 installed.

I may go back and check it out again once I clear out some games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend Dec 31, 2017, 11:22 deqer

Osc8r wrote on Dec 30, 2017, 22:27:

Unless you have all weapon perks, and played every map and experienced every scenario of monster waves on those maps?

8. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend Dec 30, 2017, 23:46 maddog

Thanks for the info!

Rilcon wrote on Dec 30, 2017, 16:38:
maddog wrote on Dec 30, 2017, 15:40:
Is this too difficult for SP only? Seems like they really want you to play COOP.

Can you add ai bot team players ala L4D?

No bots. Difficulty scales fairly well with number of players, so a starting player at Normal difficulty should have a fun time, not too easy, not too hard or frustrating. Can scale how long the matches are, as well (it's just horde mode with waves and a final boss, though some maps have mini objectives). Add more players and waves get more mooks, and mooks get more HP.

Playing solo is still a lot of fun, the game is fairly "tight", and I find it's a great stress reliever. Certainly worth the download and trial unless you have a really crappy bw cap.

7. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend Dec 30, 2017, 23:42 Avus

All I want to say it try RPG mod. In game browser filter make sure "No Custom Server" is NOT CHECKED.

“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

6. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend Dec 30, 2017, 22:27 Osc8r

This comment was edited on Dec 30, 2017, 22:54.

5. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend Dec 30, 2017, 18:45 Rilcon

Overon wrote on Dec 30, 2017, 17:30:
Needs more lootboxes and other such bullshit. Wait a minute it already has that. I can't help but these lootbox shit is really pissing me off. I didn't like random loot drops in games like diablo when it first came out and I sure as hell don't like lootboxes now.
The only stuff in those boxes is vanity. You start every match with your basic class weapons and only gameplay stuff gives you money for stuff, that of course vanishes away when the match ends.

If neon-green gun skins being in loot boxes and random drops is really the issue that breaks a game, well I don't know what to say anymore.

Xero wrote on Dec 30, 2017, 18:23:
I bought this game on a cheap sale despite not really caring too much for it when I got into the beta.

I was hoping it would be my new L4D fix but it's far from it. It plays too arcadey and feels too hectic at times. Almost like too much is going on and too many arrows/markers showing you where or what you have to do. It gets crazy.

While L4D had a more organic feel to it and the sense of dread around a corner, this game just feels like chaos. Graphics aside, it's pretty damn weak all around.

Never had an issue with UI overload, though maybe I just turned stuff off early on and forgot about it... Anyway, the game is just horde mode. If you want a simple shooting gallery with nice guns and extreme violence, it's good. If you want anything resembling objectives more involved than "survive by killing" or a story of any kind, it's very much not good.

An actual story based game for KF could be neat, but I can't imagine TWI making it.

4. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend Dec 30, 2017, 18:23 Xero

I bought this game on a cheap sale despite not really caring too much for it when I got into the beta.

I was hoping it would be my new L4D fix but it's far from it. It plays too arcadey and feels too hectic at times. Almost like too much is going on and too many arrows/markers showing you where or what you have to do. It gets crazy.

While L4D had a more organic feel to it and the sense of dread around a corner, this game just feels like chaos. Graphics aside, it's pretty damn weak all around.

3. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend Dec 30, 2017, 17:30 Overon

Needs more lootboxes and other such bullshit. Wait a minute it already has that. I can't help but these lootbox shit is really pissing me off. I didn't like random loot drops in games like diablo when it first came out and I sure as hell don't like lootboxes now.

This comment was edited on Dec 30, 2017, 18:02.

2. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend Dec 30, 2017, 16:38 Rilcon

maddog wrote on Dec 30, 2017, 15:40:
Is this too difficult for SP only? Seems like they really want you to play COOP.

No bots. Difficulty scales fairly well with number of players, so a starting player at Normal difficulty should have a fun time, not too easy, not too hard or frustrating. Can scale how long the matches are, as well (it's just horde mode with waves and a final boss, though some maps have mini objectives). Add more players and waves get more mooks, and mooks get more HP.

Playing solo is still a lot of fun, the game is fairly "tight", and I find it's a great stress reliever. Certainly worth the download and trial unless you have a really crappy bw cap.

1. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend Dec 30, 2017, 15:40 maddog

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo