Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Metaverse

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 30, 2017, 12:28 WaltC

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 30, 2017, 11:48:
Although tRump asserted Fox News should be left out of the contest, a Rasmussen poll found that about 40 percent of Americans think Fox News should receive the "Fake News Trophy." CNN came in second place with 25 percent of votes, followed by MSNBC with 9 percent. https://www.bustle.com/p/trumps-fake-news-trophy-winner-will-be-determined-by-this-poll-7711131

Most polls are worthless. It all depends on who you ask, and when, etc. People also take perverse delight in lying when polled--results are often fudged--you never know if they've been massaged, etc. As always, polls are no more than an attempt to manipulate public opinion. I will say that after decades of observation, I've never seen it as bad for fake news as it has been for the last two years--mostly from politically naive and biased entities like the NYT and the WaPo. CNN included. Certain segments of FOX are bad for Fake News--like Shepard Smith, especially (I had a dog named "Shep" as a boy--always reminds me of that.) When it comes to politics, they all seem to think that "freedom of the press" is "the right to lie" to the public. It isn't, as they've been learning to their mortification. Basically, I think they are mostly a bunch of lazy drunks who've decided that making up stuff is simply easier and more fun than working to dig up facts and reporting them objectively. Objective journalism is not difficult at all, but lying is even easier, no doubt...;) They've shot themselves in the head, mainly, as their credibility has never been lower. The negative reputations they've earned are well deserved, imo.

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 30, 2017, 12:13 RedEye9

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 30, 2017, 12:06:
I learned nothing on how Netflix works from that drivel of a story.
And to the top 50, ya know they need to keep Nat Enquirer stuff out, these one off individual wack stories don't matter to society. When you use "Fake News" we are talking stories that typically political in nature, that do make us form opinions and can affect us as a society. To put in mostly BS individual wacko stories, is again a shit ass article. I got zero from it.
Does Blues get ad revenue from clicking on these type of links?
Blue posts links that people send him etc..
I doubt he makes money from clicks.
That being said, if you don't like what he posts you can send him better links.

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 30, 2017, 12:06 HorrorScope

I learned nothing on how Netflix works from that drivel of a story.

And to the top 50, ya know they need to keep Nat Enquirer stuff out, these one off individual wack stories don't matter to society. When you use "Fake News" we are talking stories that typically political in nature, that do make us form opinions and can affect us as a society. To put in mostly BS individual wacko stories, is again a shit ass article. I got zero from it.

Does Blues get ad revenue from clicking on these type of links?

2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 30, 2017, 11:56 wtf_man

That all depends on ones politics.

Here's the deal. They ALL lie. They ALL have their political bias and agendas (some are more obvious than others). They ALL inject their opinions instead report the news / or both sides of the story equally.

The "truth" is always somewhere in the middle. Pretty much if you take the same story from CNN and FOX (for example), and are able to weed out the bullshit bias between the two stories... you can interpret what is fairly factual and hopefully COME TO YOUR OWN CONCLUSION, instead of being a lemming that swallows ALL of the kool-aid from one side or the other.

/shrug

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9

1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 30, 2017, 11:48 RedEye9

Although tRump asserted Fox News should be left out of the contest, a Rasmussen poll found that about 40 percent of Americans think Fox News should receive the "Fake News Trophy." CNN came in second place with 25 percent of votes, followed by MSNBC with 9 percent. https://www.bustle.com/p/trumps-fake-news-trophy-winner-will-be-determined-by-this-poll-7711131

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo