Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 30, 2017, 20:44 Burrito of Peace

At this point, and with all the information that is available to a person, anyone who trusts cops or gives them the "benefit of the doubt" is either woefully naive or an active and willing participant in the abuse of power.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 29, 2017, 18:06 NKD

Is Big Data racist? No. But the police using it sure are.  

You mechs may have copper wiring to reroute your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 29, 2017, 14:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Biased or incomplete data is nothing new, ie. read the article's description of the Wolves/Dogs study.

The real issue here is the police departments spending millions of dollars on this faulty research and then abusing the public because of it.

Throwing more money at the police for computers/programs they can't understand and military weapons they shouldn't have doesn't make any community safer.

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 29, 2017, 10:27 Cutter

Well if the facts doesn't support the SJW POV than it's obviously racist! Rolleyes

"They call me a chauvinist pig. I am . . . and I don't give a damn!" - Steve McQueen

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo