Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Interviews

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 27, 2017, 17:17 mellis

but I don't think they'll allow for anything creative like a KOTOR game, just too risky.

That's why Star Wars is as successful a brand as it is though.
It's like they've completely forgotten the contribution of somewhat dark, adult orientated story-lines with compelling narratives that engrossed people in the franchise (Not EP I, II , II obviously).

The stuff Disney turns out is just formulaic dreck of the worst kind. But as Mark Hamill so astutely noted; Hollywood doesn't care about a good story, only about the money and by that metric they're great movies.

Real shame.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 27, 2017, 14:45 DangerDog

Star Wars in video game format has a better chance and surviving the catastrophic missteps made by Disney's movies but I don't think they'll allow for anything creative like a KOTOR game, just too risky.

The single player campaign in Battlefront 2, having a campaign focused entirely on playing as an Imperial Elite trooper was too much for Disney to accept. Two missions in and you change sides. It doesn't even hold a candle to the original Dark Forces in terms of "story".

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo