Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Safety Dance

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. No subject Jan 4, 2018, 12:49 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 21:54:

Are you surprised he would link an article without reading it?
Are you more surprised that none of you actually read it, or that all of you missed this

Within a news story, the statements from the sources cited – and what reporters choose to quote from them – as well as the reporter’s own language formulate the overall assessment of the Trump administration. During the time period studied, stories from outlets with a right-leaning audience were at least five times more likely to carry an overall positive evaluation of Trump’s words or actions (defined as stories that contained at least twice as many positive statements as negative ones) than stories from outlets with a left-of-center or more mixed audience (31% vs. 5% and 6%, respectively). They were also at least three times less likely to carry negative assessments (14% vs. 56% and 47%, respectively). Still, most stories from outlets with a right-leaning audience (55%) carried neither a positive nor negative assessment of the president.

In simple terms: The media is all engaging in the same shit, but you're all so partisan you missed it.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 28, 2017, 21:54 NKD

Quboid wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 20:37:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 12:44:
Quboid wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 09:42:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 08:42:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 18:59:
Glad to see there's many voices of reason, untainted by "news" agencies that only report half truths like fox.
If by "news" you mean highly polarized and not objective, then I'd agree with that. Especially since those untainted agencies were far more likely to engage in what you're complaining about then even fox.

That's an interesting article, but where does it say anything like that?

Dood, you gotta read between the linez!!1

I guess so because it looks like Mashiki linked to an article that says his own news sources are less reliable than centre or left leaning ones, directly contradicting his own point here and his ideology in general.

Are you surprised he would link an article without reading it?

I keep warning you. Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you. Humans are too fucking stupid to listen.

18. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 28, 2017, 20:37 Quboid

jdreyer wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 12:44:
Glad to see there's many voices of reason, untainted by "news" agencies that only report half truths like fox.
If by "news" you mean highly polarized and not objective, then I'd agree with that. Especially since those untainted agencies were far more likely to engage in what you're complaining about then even fox.

I guess so because it looks like Mashiki linked to an article that says his own news sources are less reliable than centre or left leaning ones, directly contradicting his own point here and his ideology in general.

17. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 28, 2017, 12:44 jdreyer

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

16. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 28, 2017, 09:42 Quboid

15. No subject Dec 28, 2017, 08:42 Mashiki Amiketo

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

14. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 27, 2017, 23:24 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 20:19:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 13:57:
robdot wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 13:47:
I live in Ohio,and there are hundreds of thousands of people here who firmly believe Hillary is an alien who runs a child sex ring,from pizza parlors. I shit you not,google,,pizzagate. Old white people believe everything they see on Facebook.
If she was ALL of those things she would still be a better President than donny.

Hillary voted "Most Admired Woman in America" in 2017. Michelle Obama #2.

Most admired man: Barack Obama.

Low energy failing MELANIA TRUMP can't even beat POCAHONTAS in admiration poll. SAD! BUILD THE WALL! #MAGA

I keep warning you. Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you. Humans are too fucking stupid to listen.

13. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 27, 2017, 20:19 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 13:57:
I live in Ohio,and there are hundreds of thousands of people here who firmly believe Hillary is an alien who runs a child sex ring,from pizza parlors. I shit you not,google,,pizzagate. Old white people believe everything they see on Facebook.
If she was ALL of those things she would still be a better President than donny.

Hillary voted "Most Admired Woman in America" in 2017. Michelle Obama #2.

Most admired man: Barack Obama.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

12. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 27, 2017, 18:59 RedEye9

Saboth wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 10:38:
That article about Russian trolls is very informative. The USA got burned majorly because we considered ourselves too advanced to fall victim to propaganda like other, less advanced nations. Our cybersecurity and counterintelligence plans regarding misinformation barely exist because of our arrogance.

We ignored the warnings and an unqualified demagogue was elected due to our inaction, and the USA is a much weaker nation today because of it. When people talk about "Russian hacking", this is what they are referring to. Not a hack into a specific account or database, but rather the fact they've infiltrated out major information networks and have sown discontent and propaganda throughout our nation. And it was *highly* effective. Low-information American voters proved to be ripe targets for the Russian attacks.

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 27, 2017, 17:31 ventry

LOL!!
Again this is appropriate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD0CYKK_mMo

10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 27, 2017, 15:27 Simon Says

Red886 wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 11:38:
that WaPo article considers publications about Hilary and her illegal use of email servers, as well as reference to Wikileaks , as being indicative of trolling behavior, and electoral manipulation by Russia? No wonder Hilary being touted as the Queen in politics , and the Clintons as the royal family. They are untouchable.

and the success of media websites ie RT as an indication of being weak against propaganda?

so the restriction of journalism either by law ( foreign agent classification) or by softer means ( constant allusion to being a troll or propaganda by all main stream mass media) need to be stepped up , so says WaPo.

Can't believe Americans are constantly falling and accepting this blatant intent of government factions to manage general consensus to continue obeisance to the current political and economic forces.

Glad to see there are still voices of reason coming from our Southernly neighbors with the US in the grips of a manufactured Neo-McCarthyism motivated by partisan reasons and to the profit of the M.I.C.'s ongoing massive welfare on the shoulders of the taxpayers. Keep it up mate!

9. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Dec 27, 2017, 14:46 Quboid

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 12:04:
Sigh, if only such scandals could gain any traction today. We have them on at least a weekly basis now, and they are far worse. Trump's people are already admitting to criminal acts and being indicted. Remember when Conway said we couldn't afford to have a president under investigation by the FBI? Yeah... me too...

Thank you for making a point I recently tried to make, but making it much, much better than I did.

I think there's a lack of dialogue within each side. (I realise politics is more complicated than left/right, but broadly speaking there are two camps, especially where there's a two-party system.) Extreme elements only interact with people who they see as the enemy, so they only get more entrenched and more vocal, drowning out moderate voices ever more.

The sort of people who believe Pizzagate aren't going to believe the evil perverts who abuse children in the basement of a pizza restaurants when they say that children aren't being abused in pizza restaurants. That's just what an evil pervert would say! We need moderate conservatives (handsome and remarkably virile upstanding citizens, as I've always said ) to do more to point out how ridiculous this stuff is, and to ask believers to think about who's telling them this stuff and why.

For balance, of course this applies to the left too. For fairness, not nearly as much and I'd feel disingenuous if I pretended otherwise - I don't believe that because I'm liberal, I'm liberal in part because I believe that. Still, any members of Antifa reading this who think that me disagreeing with conservatives in any minute way indicates wider support for physical violence, no. No. GTFO.

8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 27, 2017, 14:42 eRe4s3r

Meanwhile, EU runs an entire department fighting Russian disinformation campaign

https://euvsdisinfo.eu/

Nowadays when you hear something out of Russia, it's very likely a lie.

7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 27, 2017, 14:09 FloorPie

When the US government has allowed itself to legally conduct propaganda campaigns against the citizenry, its hard to take claims of russian trolls seriously. The pentagon among others has admitted they use paid trolls on the net.  

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 27, 2017, 13:57 RedEye9

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 27, 2017, 13:47 robdot

4. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Dec 27, 2017, 12:04 Wowbagger_TIP

Red886 wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 11:38:
that WaPo article considers publications about Hilary and her illegal use of email servers, as well as reference to Wikileaks , as being indicative of trolling behavior, and electoral manipulation by Russia? No wonder Hilary being touted as the Queen in politics , and the Clintons as the royal family. They are untouchable.

and the success of media websites ie RT as an indication of being weak against propaganda?

so the restriction of journalism either by law ( foreign agent classification) or by softer means ( constant allusion to being a troll or propaganda by all main stream mass media) need to be stepped up , so says WaPo.

Can't believe Americans are constantly falling and accepting this blatant intent of government factions to manage general consensus to continue obeisance to the current political and economic forces.

Clinton's use of a private server was small potatoes and would have resulted in her resigning at most, because it was not a criminal act, and still wouldn't be today.

Sigh, if only such scandals could gain any traction today. We have them on at least a weekly basis now, and they are far worse. Trump's people are already admitting to criminal acts and being indicted. Remember when Conway said we couldn't afford to have a president under investigation by the FBI? Yeah... me too...

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 27, 2017, 11:38 Red886

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 27, 2017, 11:05 Cutter

And they did it all following the CIA textbook. America has been doing this in other countries since the 50s.

"Rmabo. John J.? Well what do you know? Ol' Harry here's a soldier."

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 27, 2017, 10:38 Saboth

That article about Russian trolls is very informative. The USA got burned majorly because we considered ourselves too advanced to fall victim to propaganda like other, less advanced nations. Our cybersecurity and counterintelligence plans regarding misinformation barely exist because of our arrogance.

We ignored the warnings and an unqualified demagogue was elected due to our inaction, and the USA is a much weaker nation today because of it. When people talk about "Russian hacking", this is what they are referring to. Not a hack into a specific account or database, but rather the fact they've infiltrated out major information networks and have sown discontent and propaganda throughout our nation. And it was *highly* effective. Low-information American voters proved to be ripe targets for the Russian attacks.

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo